Would Republicans openly and outright steal a election? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:37:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Would Republicans openly and outright steal a election? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Would Republicans openly and outright steal a election?  (Read 902 times)
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« on: June 23, 2021, 04:20:42 PM »

Yes, they would.  But I think they would try and say there was fraud, even if there wasn’t.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2021, 07:29:03 AM »

I'd like to link my thread from a few days ago.......

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=451932.0

Just gonna leave it there.  I mean, technically, yes, climate change is probably the biggest threat....but nothing can happen on combatting that if Republicans are involved, so doesn't that then make them a bigger threat?  And if they cheat their way into election victories, wouldn't that make them a bigger threat too?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2021, 01:23:58 PM »

No. That isn’t possible, inspite what you kooks may think.

If we'd had a Republican controlled Congress certifying the election in January, what do you think would have happened?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2021, 05:49:57 PM »

No. That isn’t possible, inspite what you kooks may think.

If we'd had a Republican controlled Congress certifying the election in January, what do you think would have happened?

Considering only eight or so Republican senators voted to object- and that many Democrats have done this in every Republican victory since 2000, nothing would change.

People have a short term memory.

Yea, people DO have a short term memory.

For example, I remember that more GOP senators were expected to object to the certification but backed down after Trump’s attempted coup.  I remember there was a split second where Republicans cared about America again.

Republicans will do what they think will give them lasting power.  At the time it seemed the coup would be unpopular even among their voters.  Now that they know it’s actually quite popular with their base, and that they still need Trump, I fear what might happen should the GOP retake Congress in 2022 and a Democrat wins the presidency in 2024.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies