Would Republicans openly and outright steal a election? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:19:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Would Republicans openly and outright steal a election? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Would Republicans openly and outright steal a election?  (Read 884 times)
Motorcity

« on: June 23, 2021, 04:09:54 PM »

No excuse given. No failed ballots or messed up machines. No late mail votes not counted

A republican governor and state state legislature of a swing state outright ignore the vote and declare X the winner, despite getting less votes. Suppose they changed the law of said state.

Alternativly, republican majorities in congress reject the electoral college count and vote to declare X president

Is this possible? Could anything be done to stop it?

This is a scary thought. I do think had Trump won last November this is how 2024 would have played out.

I don't think the military would step in. Nor would corporate America, if the Democrat is a Bernie Sanders type progressive.

Even if Americans take to the streets in the largest demostrations ever seen, nothing would happen. Look at the George Floyd protests

Only hope would be all our international allies withdrawing their ambassadors and reconizing the Democratic president. But we already know countries like Israel or Brazil or Poland won't do that
Motorcity

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2021, 04:46:03 PM »

GWB didn't win Florida and the Supreme Court helped steal a President election. Mitch McConnell stole a Supreme Court Justice seat. Republican state legislators are passing ridiculous bills to control elections in an almost entirely partisan manner.

Yes, I believe they would.

Yes. Without a second thought.

The Republicans, of course, would say there was "massive fraud," and the Insane 43% would follow right along and believe them.
Yes, they would.  But I think they would try and say there was fraud, even if there wasn’t.
Suppose Scott Walker won in 2018

Would Republicans in AZ, GA, WI try to steal the election?
Motorcity

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2021, 03:37:54 PM »

While I do think Republicans would openly and outright steal an election, I don't think 2018 GA was "stolen" this way

Yes, I do think Republicans stole 2018 race. They purged 500,000 Georgians from the voter rolls for "moving out of state", when 340,000 merely moved locations within the state and didn't update

Another purge, 107k voters were purged for not voting for x amount of elections

This is wrong and its called ratf''''''

That said, its not what I am talking about. I don't think more raw votes were cast for Stacy Abrams. I do think she would have won without the purges, but we will never know how many voters came to the voter location and realized they were no longer registered

What I am talking about is more raw votes being cast for the Democrats and the Republicans ignore it. They use some BS excuse and just declare the republicans the winner. Would this happen?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies