Would Republicans openly and outright steal a election?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:10:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Would Republicans openly and outright steal a election?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Would Republicans openly and outright steal a election?  (Read 870 times)
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2021, 12:11:57 AM »

Florida 2000 wasn't stolen--Gore was an idiot for not seeking a statewide recount in the first place, leaving enough subjectivity to the vote that it would come down to a purely partisan SCOTUS vote.

That doesn't mean it wasn't stolen.
1.There were the voters deliberately and improperly removed from the voter rolls.

2.The only reason the Supreme Court stepped in in the first place is because the Republicans ran down the clock on the recount, which was partly orchestrated through things like the Brooks Brothers riot.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2021, 12:34:55 AM »

They would try, but it would fail. There is no law or constitutional amendment that would allow for ignoring election results, so the high court would strike any such actions down.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2021, 12:46:04 AM »

They would try, but it would fail. There is no law or constitutional amendment that would allow for ignoring election results, so the high court would strike any such actions down.

Their plan is to take both Houses of Congress next yr and put in place for 2024 in position to object to Certificate of Elections

The reason why it failed last time was the House was D, that's why we still need to keep the H in 2022 so we have wave insurance for DC Statehood for 2024
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2021, 12:46:25 AM »

Yes, they would.  But I think they would try and say there was fraud, even if there wasn’t.

Absolutely this. Just look at last year's election we're a strong majority of Republican voters and elected officials absolutely positively convinced themselves there was voter fraud that changed the election outcome based on internet BS that the weekly world news wouldn't stoop to print.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2021, 07:29:03 AM »

I'd like to link my thread from a few days ago.......

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=451932.0

Just gonna leave it there.  I mean, technically, yes, climate change is probably the biggest threat....but nothing can happen on combatting that if Republicans are involved, so doesn't that then make them a bigger threat?  And if they cheat their way into election victories, wouldn't that make them a bigger threat too?
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2021, 07:38:08 AM »

They would have to stop the steal next time.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2021, 08:11:55 AM »

The cynic says that every election is a stolen but whether they will just retroactively cancel an election and just take over?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2021, 08:43:09 AM »

Just to come back to this for a bit - no. The Democrats tried to steal it with white supremacist militias like Wade Hampton’s Red Shirts, and then used the chaos they created to extract concessions out of the winner.
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2021, 08:54:50 AM »

No. That isn’t possible, inspite what you kooks may think.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2021, 09:01:17 AM »

The Georgia Governor's race wasn't stolen. The state just wasn't there yet for Democrats in 2018. They needed two more years of demographic change and further GOP slippage with white college voters in order to finally break through.

If Republicans (who still control the legislature and all statewide offices) were so determined to "rig" elections there, don't you think they would have done the same for president and Senate?
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2021, 09:33:09 AM »

The Georgia Governor's race wasn't stolen. The state just wasn't there yet for Democrats in 2018. They needed two more years of demographic change and further GOP slippage with white college voters in order to finally break through.

If Republicans (who still control the legislature and all statewide offices) were so determined to "rig" elections there, don't you think they would have done the same for president and Senate?

I do not want to hear a single utterance (or even a mere whimper) from Democrats droning about the conspiracies spread about 2020, when they continue to insufferably mewl about Abrams, Gore, and Hillary losing free and fair elections.

Not. One. Murmur. NOT ONE!
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2021, 09:39:14 AM »

Is water wet?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2021, 01:17:03 PM »

I do not want to hear a single utterance (or even a mere whimper) from Democrats droning about the conspiracies spread about 2020, when they continue to insufferably mewl about Abrams, Gore, and Hillary losing free and fair elections.

tfw you think you’re giving a very cool political speech
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2021, 01:20:41 PM »

If you wanna argue 2000 is stolen, you can only argue it was stolen from Lieberman and not Gore because if the SCOTUS wasnt involved then the election gets thrown to congress and the House elects Bush as President and Lieberman as Vice President.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2021, 01:23:58 PM »

If we'd had a Republican controlled Congress certifying the election in January, what do you think would have happened?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2021, 01:26:12 PM »

It's no less or more suspicious than what happened in Florida.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2021, 01:32:42 PM »

if they thought that there was a decent chance that they could get away with it, yes, of course some would.  So would some Democrats.  Just like the PRC would take Taiwan if they thought they could get away with it.  Just like Iran would remove Israel from the map if they thought they could get away with it.  Many humans would be willing to do some pretty horrible things if they thought they could get away with it.  Many of us don't mind doing bad things, they just hate to get caught doing bad things.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2021, 01:44:31 PM »

if they thought that there was a decent chance that they could get away with it, yes, of course some would.  So would some Democrats.  Just like the PRC would take Taiwan if they thought they could get away with it.  Just like Iran would remove Israel from the map if they thought they could get away with it.  Many humans would be willing to do some pretty horrible things if they thought they could get away with it.  Many of us don't mind doing bad things, they just hate to get caught doing bad things.

With those qualifiers, sure.
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2021, 02:30:27 PM »

If we'd had a Republican controlled Congress certifying the election in January, what do you think would have happened?

Considering only eight or so Republican senators voted to object- and that many Democrats have done this in every Republican victory since 2000, nothing would change.

People have a short term memory.
Motorcity

« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2021, 03:37:54 PM »

While I do think Republicans would openly and outright steal an election, I don't think 2018 GA was "stolen" this way

Yes, I do think Republicans stole 2018 race. They purged 500,000 Georgians from the voter rolls for "moving out of state", when 340,000 merely moved locations within the state and didn't update

Another purge, 107k voters were purged for not voting for x amount of elections

This is wrong and its called ratf''''''

That said, its not what I am talking about. I don't think more raw votes were cast for Stacy Abrams. I do think she would have won without the purges, but we will never know how many voters came to the voter location and realized they were no longer registered

What I am talking about is more raw votes being cast for the Democrats and the Republicans ignore it. They use some BS excuse and just declare the republicans the winner. Would this happen?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2021, 05:49:57 PM »

Considering only eight or so Republican senators voted to object- and that many Democrats have done this in every Republican victory since 2000, nothing would change.

People have a short term memory.

Yea, people DO have a short term memory.

For example, I remember that more GOP senators were expected to object to the certification but backed down after Trump’s attempted coup.  I remember there was a split second where Republicans cared about America again.

Republicans will do what they think will give them lasting power.  At the time it seemed the coup would be unpopular even among their voters.  Now that they know it’s actually quite popular with their base, and that they still need Trump, I fear what might happen should the GOP retake Congress in 2022 and a Democrat wins the presidency in 2024.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2021, 05:53:55 PM »

And how could we forget this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_North_Carolina%27s_9th_congressional_district_election
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies