Loudoun Co. school board meeting on critical race theory/trans policy turns chaotic, 2 ppl arrested
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:50:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Loudoun Co. school board meeting on critical race theory/trans policy turns chaotic, 2 ppl arrested
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Loudoun Co. school board meeting on critical race theory/trans policy turns chaotic, 2 ppl arrested  (Read 1028 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2021, 01:21:40 PM »

I assume I'm not the only one who read the Communist Manifesto as a high school history assignment ... does that mean Mississippi public schools TEACH COMMUNISM!!! ?
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2021, 01:29:05 PM »

This episode and these courageous parents give me a glimmer of hope that Youngkin might actually pull it off. And it also shows me that this, THIS, is how we can STOP thy bleeding in the suburbs!

Of course, I don’t want to be mistaken for a wishcaster. I said might, Atlasian mob!

No, Youngkin has no chance against T-Mac. But yes, I do think the GOP is onto something here by focusing on these issues; it very well could be their best strategy to win enough of the suburbs back to have a good 2022.
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2021, 01:32:28 PM »

This episode and these courageous parents give me a glimmer of hope that Youngkin might actually pull it off. And it also shows me that this, THIS, is how we can STOP thy bleeding in the suburbs!

Of course, I don’t want to be mistaken for a wishcaster. I said might, Atlasian mob!

No, Youngkin has no chance against T-Mac. But yes, I do think the GOP is onto something here by focusing on these issues; it very well could be their best strategy to win enough of the suburbs back to have a good 2022.

That’s exactly my point. I clarified it in that very statement, that I was partially exaggerating on purpose for comedic effect. If Youngkin wins I’ll be truly shocked.

My real point is that the anti-CRT movement might actually help in the suburbs.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2021, 01:32:43 PM »

I live in a suburb and starting fights at school board meetings only makes things worse for conservatives. Normal voters don't support this behavior.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2021, 01:36:10 PM »

The only thing that loser can pull off is his clothes to pay Trump in kind for an endorsement. This parents are the dying gasps of a dying power structure. Your time is up.

This is genocidal rhetoric.

Your time in control is up. If that offends you then that is your issue.

CRT is overwhelmingly unpopular with the American people, including independents, college educated Whites and many non-Whites (particularly Hispanics and Asians).

So I don’t understand how this means that our time in control is somehow up. I’d also be courteous enough to remind you that your party controls all three branches of government but literally cannot get anything passed, (which is good for our nation!).

In 10 years this country will be less white and conservative than it ever has been. The white grievance rhetoric is on it's last leg, because fewer people are buying that. That's why white conservatives are increasingly resorting to violence to make their points.

Why are non-Whites trending conservative and why do many of them clearly dislike CRT?

And why are you so viciously bigoted against White conservatives, or conservatives of any races? I would note that the radicals on the far left burnt down a ridiculous amount of cities and private property last summer, lest you forget.

Last I checked non-whites don't like racism. The outrage over critical race theory is just anger over the fact that being racist is no longer the standard. I don't like conservatives because they are destructive and non-white conservatives are more racist that white ones in some ways.
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2021, 01:38:13 PM »
« Edited: June 23, 2021, 01:41:16 PM by TheTarHeelGent »

The only thing that loser can pull off is his clothes to pay Trump in kind for an endorsement. This parents are the dying gasps of a dying power structure. Your time is up.

CRT is overwhelmingly unpopular with the American people, including independents, college educated Whites and many non-Whites (particularly Hispanics and Asians).

So I don’t understand how this means that our time in control is somehow up. I’d also be courteous enough to remind you that your party controls all three branches of government but literally cannot get anything passed, (which is good for our nation!).

In 10 years this country will be less white and conservative than it ever has been. The white grievance rhetoric is on it's last leg, because fewer people are buying that. That's why white conservatives are increasingly resorting to violence to make their points.

Why are non-Whites trending conservative and why do many of them clearly dislike CRT?

And why are you so viciously bigoted against White conservatives, or conservatives of any races? I would note that the radicals on the far left burnt down a ridiculous amount of cities and private property last summer, lest you forget.

Last I checked non-whites don't like racism. The outrage over critical race theory is just anger over the fact that being racist is no longer the standard. I don't like conservatives because they are destructive and non-white conservatives are more racist that white ones in some ways.

I hope you enjoy losing more non-White voters.

And CRT is racism being taught in public schools. That’s why non-Whites and Whites oppose it- most non leftist Americans are against racism, which is being fed by anti-American marxists who are destructive to America.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2021, 01:43:42 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2021, 01:46:30 PM »

And CRT is racism being taught in public schools. That’s why non-Whites and Whites oppose it- most non leftist Americans are against racism, which is being fed by insane marxists who are destructive to America.

Non-white voters ruined Trump's re-election, so I'm not worried about Democrats losing non-white voters. Incorporating real history into the curriculum is not racist, it is just inconvenient for the people who teach their children that there is no racism in the country.
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2021, 01:49:36 PM »

And CRT is racism being taught in public schools. That’s why non-Whites and Whites oppose it- most non leftist Americans are against racism, which is being fed by insane marxists who are destructive to America.

Non-white voters ruined Trump's re-election, so I'm not worried about Democrats losing non-white voters. Incorporating real history into the curriculum is not racist, it is just inconvenient for the people who teach their children that there is no racism in the country.

If you actually paid attention to demographic trends, you’d understand that Trump gained among non-White voters and did significantly better among them than in 2016, while losing white college educated voters.

Make what you want of that, but clearly, non-White voters were not what “ruined” Trump’s re-election.

And pitting White kids against non-Whites is racist, and any teacher who teaches that should have their teaching license revoked, effective immediately.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2021, 01:51:31 PM »

Last I checked non-whites don't like racism.

Clearly you've never been to Japan.
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2021, 01:56:39 PM »

To add to that, I don’t know if the aforementioned previous poster (who clearly knows oh-so much about how non Whites think) has ever been to the more diverse parts of NYC, Chicago, LA or Miami, or any region that has a high percentage of AA’s, Hispanics, and Asians.....

There is a lot of racism and contempt that many non-White groups hold towards other ethnic minority groups. Look at how Palestinians and Arabs in NY harass Jews, or how much Hispanics in any major city tolerate BLM.

“Intersectionality” is a delusional only white liberals could come up with.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2021, 02:01:09 PM »

If you actually paid attention to demographic trends, you’d understand that Trump gained among non-White voters and did significantly better among them than in 2016, while losing white college educated voters.

Make what you want of that, but clearly, non-White voters were not what “ruined” Trump’s re-election.

And pitting White kids against non-Whites is racist, and any teacher who teaches that should have their teaching license revoked, effective immediately.

Whatever gains he made clearly were not enough to win and his numbers were far, far worse than George W. Bush's 2004 numbers so overall the numbers are not impressive.

The fact that you see teaching about racist events in history as pitting students against each other shows exactly why all history needs to be taught. Denying that racist events have ever happened in this country is lunacy.
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2021, 02:02:23 PM »

Whatever gains he made clearly were not enough to win and his numbers were far, far worse than George W. Bush's 2004 numbers so overall the numbers are not impressive.

The fact that you see teaching about racist events in history as pitting students against each other shows exactly why all history needs to be taught. Denying that racist events have ever happened in this country is lunacy.

Every student in high school has learnt about racist events in the past. Denying that is lunacy.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2021, 02:05:14 PM »

"Intersectionality" was coined by a black woman.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimberle_Williams_Crenshaw

Crenshaw introduced the theory of intersectionality in 1989 in her paper written for the University of Chicago Legal Forum, "Demarginalizing the Intersection of Race and Sex: A Black Feminist Critique of Antidiscrimination Doctrine, Feminist Theory and Antiracist Politics". The main argument of this black feminist paper is that the experience of being a black woman cannot be understood in terms of being black and of being a woman considered independently, but must include the interactions between the two, which frequently reinforce each other.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2021, 02:06:27 PM »

That's irrelevant because my point is about being a victim of racism, not perpetrating it. Do you really think anyone in Japan would like being beaten up and blamed for COVID?
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2021, 02:07:34 PM »

Crenshaw introduced the theory of intersectionality in 1989 in her paper written for the University of Chicago Legal Forum, "Demarginalizing the Intersection of Race and Sex: A Black Feminist Critique of Antidiscrimination Doctrine, Feminist Theory and Antiracist Politics". The main argument of this black feminist paper is that the experience of being a black woman cannot be understood in terms of being black and of being a woman considered independently, but must include the interactions between the two, which frequently reinforce each other.

*A black woman who assimilated into white liberal culture.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2021, 02:10:24 PM »

Would you say Clarence Thomas and Ben Carson have assimilated into white conservative culture?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2021, 02:11:16 PM »

To add to that, I don’t know if the aforementioned previous poster (who clearly knows oh-so much about how non Whites think) has ever been to the more diverse parts of NYC, Chicago, LA or Miami, or any region that has a high percentage of AA’s, Hispanics, and Asians.....

There is a lot of racism and contempt that many non-White groups hold towards other ethnic minority groups. Look at how Palestinians and Arabs in NY harass Jews, or how much Hispanics in any major city tolerate BLM.

And conservatives are very much in support of racial division because it benefits their politics. I know about all of this and I've seen articles by conservatives for years trying to create further discord between minorities so they can increase racially polarized voting.
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2021, 02:32:13 PM »

Would you say Clarence Thomas and Ben Carson have assimilated into white conservative culture?

That's actually a very interesting question, but no.

White leftist culture, atleast as I define it, isn't as simple as your opinions on taxes, economics, or even being liberal on social/racial issues. As I see it, it defines a specific set of self-hating whites who are either indoctrinated, or project whatever personal issues they have into self-hatred for themselves or left-wing ideology.

Thomas and Carson are two successful African-American men who are "assimilated" into American culture. Liberal or Conservative has nothing to do with it, and neither does "white or black". There is also no such thing as "White conservative culture", because conservatives do not see race, but Americans. There is no such concept as "White conservative or Black conservative" to us, it is alien. We are all Americans first. We do not think about race all day.

Therefore, it isn't possible for Thomas or Carson to assimilate into "white conservative culture" because such a thing does not exist.

Conservatives are not akin to racialist, alt-right reactionaries (who are certainly right-wing racialists), and I don't consider classical liberals to be akin to cultural marxists or racial leftists, which is what white leftist culture falls into.
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2021, 02:41:06 PM »

White leftist culture, at least as I define it, isn't as simple as your opinions on taxes, economics, or even being liberal on social/racial issues. As I see it, it defines a specific set of self-hating whites who are either indoctrinated, or project whatever personal issues they have into self-hatred for themselves or left-wing ideology.

Thomas and Carson are two successful African-American men who are "assimilated" into American culture. Liberal or Conservative has nothing to do with it, and neither does "white or black". There is also no such thing as "White conservative culture", because conservatives do not see race, but Americans. There is no such concept as "White conservative or Black conservative" to us, it is alien. We are all Americans first. We do not think about race all day.

Therefore, it isn't possible for Thomas or Carson to assimilate into "white conservative culture" because such a thing does not exist.

Conservatives are not akin to racialist, alt-right reactionaries (who are certainly right-wing racialists), and I don't consider classical liberals to be akin to cultural marxists or racial leftists, which is what white leftist culture falls into.

Refusing to see race enables racism in a society which has historically been racialized and segregated. "Not seeing color" is a cute idea, but the world isn't at the point yet where we can turn a blind eye to past wrongdoings and pretend that they don't affect the present. Your derangement over the teaching of racial issues in schools belies that assertion, anyway.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2021, 02:46:24 PM »
« Edited: June 23, 2021, 02:49:28 PM by Horus »

White leftist culture, at least as I define it, isn't as simple as your opinions on taxes, economics, or even being liberal on social/racial issues. As I see it, it defines a specific set of self-hating whites who are either indoctrinated, or project whatever personal issues they have into self-hatred for themselves or left-wing ideology.

Refusing to see race enables racism in a society which has historically been racialized and segregated. "Not seeing color" is a cute idea, but the world isn't at the point yet where we can turn a blind eye to past wrongdoings and pretend that they don't affect the present. Your derangement over the teaching of racial issues in schools belies that assertion, anyway.

As a supporter of cash reparations for ADOS, I would tend to agree. But there is also the risk of going too far the other way and seeing race in everything, which defeats the entire purpose of being anti racist. Any decent person wants a future where skin color is as irrelevant as eye color, but some "anti-racist" educators (looking at you Robin DeAngelo) seem to view it as some spiritual, almost holy concept and have no desire for such a world. They find problems, but don't seem to want solutions. That is also unhealthy and while it is obviously far less of an issue than systemic racism against minorities, it is still a cause for concern.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2021, 03:43:23 PM »

White leftist culture, atleast as I define it, isn't as simple as your opinions on taxes, economics, or even being liberal on social/racial issues. As I see it, it defines a specific set of self-hating whites who are either indoctrinated, or project whatever personal issues they have into self-hatred for themselves or left-wing ideology.

First off, there isn't one person that doesn't see race. You can clearly see which race a person is when you meet them. Second, there is such a thing as white conservative culture. Almost every Black Republican mostly talks about how black people who are Democrats are on a plantation which is the standard talking point that conservatives use.
LtNOWIS

« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2021, 03:48:03 PM »

For what it's worth, I think this was astroturfed, not "organic." The GOP mailing lists in Fairfax County were recruiting people to show up and cause a scene. I got a nice e-mail in big bold letters saying to show up but not to share it on social media, only via e-mail to fellow conservatives.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2021, 04:06:50 PM »

It's clear these people have no idea what CRT is, nor do they care (imo). This whole thing is a foil for parents expressing what they really want to express: they want a white-washed, white supremacist history and social studies taught to their kids, anything that deviates from that will result in this type of behavior.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2021, 04:15:33 PM »

Was Loudon County schools even teaching anything related to CRT?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies