Democrats, despite Trump's policies and views, what can you say about him as a person?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:15:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Democrats, despite Trump's policies and views, what can you say about him as a person?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Democrats, despite Trump's policies and views, what can you say about him as a person?  (Read 885 times)
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2021, 03:59:28 PM »

I liked him on the Apprentice. When I went to New York for the first time in 2005, one of the first places I visited was Trump Tower. It was his choices, not mine, that lost him that goodwill and support from me.
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2021, 04:02:38 PM »

He's an egomaniac with no moral convictions or principles. Better than his politics though.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2021, 04:35:57 PM »

I think trump has behaved as a role model....as someone who nobody with a conscience or a moral compass should aspire to be like.

He set the guidelines.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2021, 04:42:04 PM »

A rare example of somebody who embodies all seven of the deadly sins, with a few other ones thrown in for good measure.
Motorcity

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2021, 07:02:21 PM »

He’s a awful human being. He is racist, elitist, and xenophobic. He’s also a fascist and has no problem destroying democracy to install himself as dictator. He mocks the disabled. He’s a traitor who would sell this country to Russia. He turns a blind eye to human rights abuses and had committed them here at home. He is a divided.

He is a unfaithful husband and abusive father who lusts after his own daughter
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2021, 07:23:56 PM »

Uh Trump policies are what was good about him , not how he was as a person

Pretty much everyone who was a Republican literally told me “OK. He’s an asshole, but he has some really good ideas and brings in a new way of thinking.”
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2021, 04:28:42 AM »

He did change the map, MI, WI and PA can flip back and forth between D to R but at the same time the Sunbelt can vote D, due to R state Legislatures serve as a check on D's.

The D's aren't gonna win the Majority of state Legislatures anytime soon but Govs and Federal races and Prez, despite only winning GA the Ds can win in the Sunbelt that's why TX isn't slam dunk R for Rs even in Redistricting.

We all thought it was a fluke Trump won MI, WI and PA but Craig and Bartlette and Rs snatching OR are real possibility, while D's are competetive in KS, AZ, OH, SC and FL

That's is the change that he made that can be long lasting and we have not had an Election two maps in a row

So throw out 304 blue wall, D's can keep the House by winning in TX House seats, Rs want you to believe that D's can't win anymore
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2021, 08:44:28 AM »

Here's the passage by Washington Post journalist Yasmeen Abutaleb and Damian Paletta in "Nightmare Scenario," out Tuesday:

Trump had tried to joke about the virus for months, sometimes even mocking people who had become ill. ... At one meeting several months [before Trump got sick], NEC director Larry Kudlow had stifled a cough. The room had frozen.. ... Trump had waved his hands in front of his face, as if to jokingly ward off any flying virus particles, and then cracked a smile. "I was just kidding," he'd said. "Larry will never get COVID. He will defeat it with his optimism." ... "John Bolton," he had said ... "Hopefully COVID takes out John."

Great guy 😁
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2021, 08:55:21 AM »

Not a Democrat, but was a Democrat during the election and always vote for Democrats, so here's my take.

His behavior makes a lot more sense than liberals like to give him credit for. Yeah, he bashes people pretty hard, but that's only after they've bashed him first. He actually starts off pretty nice to everyone, even political opponents. He assumes the best in people, which is actually a liberal trait. But if you go after him, he'll go after you ten times harder. That's basically what every person's id wants to do anyways. He just doesn't filter it out.

This is ridiculous and blatantly untrue. What the hell did that disabled reporter, just as one example off the top of my head, do to him to deserve that mockery? In what way shape or form did he “start off pretty nice” to Hillary Clinton? And on and on and on and on…

And all that stuff about Trump being like an old school New Deal politician is also wrong. Trump literally didn’t even have a platform last time, no coherent policies whatsoever. It was 100% cult of personality. The comparison to Jimmy Carter pleading with voters in 1980 to vote for his policies over Reagan’s personality makes absolutely no sense.
Yeah also what did Obama ever do to Trump to make him start the birther crap in the first place?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2021, 09:25:33 AM »

From the beginning, way back in the 1980's when he first hit my radar screen, I viewed him as a charismatic amoral narcissistic braggart. I was enraged when my mother, not knowing any better, gave me one of his books for Xmas, which went into the trash can when I returned home, without ever opening the cover. This perception of mine in the ensuing decades had no delta function. His ability to metastasize himself into a worldwide plague however was beyond the realm of my imagination. And like Dracula, it is hard to successfully put a stake in him and dispatch him into the dust heap of history.

My politics evolved, my party affiliation evolved, but my perception of Trump stayed the same.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2021, 09:38:17 AM »

I guess he's kinda funny sometimes
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2021, 09:53:51 AM »

Trump somehow manages to embody virtually every negative character trait imaginable.  I can't think of a single negative character trait that Trump doesn't possess.

I did find him very funny during the primaries.  But I also found Joe Pesci's character in Goodfellas funny, and that's the last person I'd want to be president.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2021, 10:03:49 AM »

Mr. Trump is an abhorrent person. The lying, the cheating, the ignorance, the hypocrisy, the showing off and the greed. The sexist and racist stuff. I could go on and on. I wouldn't even like him if he was a Dem.

It's almost like a comical figure with that many negative virtues coming together. In a sense, Mr. Trump represents all negative stereotypes about America: A racist, sexist and greedy super capitalist who doesn't care about the rest of the world or knows anything about it.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2021, 01:15:14 PM »

One word ... A$$hole.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2021, 03:55:53 PM »

He is associated with McMahon, But nice McMahon wife is an R and ran unsuccessfully in 2010/2012

He doesn't memorialize Covid victims what did he say after he lost, the Stock Market is doing well

Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2021, 03:59:34 PM »

An asshole, but often a funny one. He was born for entertainment, not politics lol
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2021, 08:14:48 PM »

He epitomizes all of the worst aspects and impulses of humanity.

By the way, it's hilarious that SirWoodbury inadvertently created a thread this therapeutic for people like us.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2021, 08:18:59 PM »

I wasn't a fan of Donald Trump's personality even when he was a liberal Democrat 15 years ago. Donald Trump is basically little more than a common criminal and was connected to organized crime bosses such as John Gotti, Michael Franzese, and Francesco Cali.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2021, 08:31:29 PM »

Not sure what the point is here, if anything the question should be the opposite since some Dems criticized Trump's character to the neglect of criticizing his policies. There is no conception of ethics worth considering where Trump is not a repellent individual personally.
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2021, 08:39:50 PM »

I am no Democrat, but rather a staunch partisan hack who will vote R no matter who in 99% of cases, and someone who will NEVER vote for any Democrat.

It should therefore come as no shock to anyone that I voted for Trump in 2020 (my first election I was eligible to vote in). But I don't particularly like him or view him as a role model, and I do not see him as a "great" person. I don't find him evil, but I don't find him to be a man of exceptional character by any means either. He's entertaining but I can see why some would personally find him repulsive- I certainly got that impression at times too.

TLDR: He's an asshole who I agreed with more than the other assholes running for office.

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies