More than 1 million nonbinary adults live in the US, study finds (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:08:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  More than 1 million nonbinary adults live in the US, study finds (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: More than 1 million nonbinary adults live in the US, study finds  (Read 3489 times)
The Simpsons Cinematic Universe
MustCrushCapitalism
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -2.78

« on: June 26, 2021, 01:05:58 PM »

Ultimately, if you give people a choice, as artificial and concocted as it might be, you'll always get a number of people who choose Option #2. This is being marketed very well on university campuses, more commonly to women than to men. I think given more freedom more people will choose to live lives that defy gender expectations somewhat, and you see that trend across the world, but in many places people talk about it in a different way, rather than pulling new genders out of a hat.

In progressive discourse, you will sometimes have people claiming this or that culture recognizes 3 genders - men, women, and then some foreign word. And you go to translate that foreign word and find out it means "false women" or something. I think that's a good example of what I'd call "progressive Orientalism."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies