More than 1 million nonbinary adults live in the US, study finds (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:26:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  More than 1 million nonbinary adults live in the US, study finds (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: More than 1 million nonbinary adults live in the US, study finds  (Read 3480 times)
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: June 26, 2021, 03:14:44 AM »

Until someone can even give a semi-coherent definition on what “non-binary” means, I’ll remain convinced it’s more or less just a way for people to make themselves sound more different and oppressed.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2021, 03:16:48 PM »

It's also not circular reasoning any more than it's circular reasoning to define Republican as someone who identifies with the Republican party

Nope. Putting aside the fact that “Republican” technically has an extremely objective definition (someone who is registered the Republican Party), if someone asked me what the Republican Party was, I could respond with “The Republican Party is an American political party which tends to promote policies such as…” In other words, I could tell you what the Republican Party is. Meanwhile, if I you told me, “a woman is someone who identifies as a woman,” then the term woman becomes so meaningless one would wonder why it even exists. At that point, we might as well just refer to sex, but doing so would be considered “transphobic.”
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies