More than 1 million nonbinary adults live in the US, study finds (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:42:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  More than 1 million nonbinary adults live in the US, study finds (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: More than 1 million nonbinary adults live in the US, study finds  (Read 3362 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« on: June 23, 2021, 01:24:56 PM »
« edited: June 23, 2021, 02:37:23 PM by Joe Republic »

For everyday society, gender is still essentially a Venn diagram with two giant circles.  The overlap between the two circles is small but slowly growing as they drift closer together.  People in that overlap (a) are only recently learning that this label exists to help describe their identity, and (b) are coming out as such in greater numbers as the label gains mainstream acceptance.

I can personally admit that the first time I ever heard of it and truly learned what it was, my first thoughts for a while were a dismissive "huh, that’s kinda weird".  But then flashback to fifteen years ago and that was also my personal feeling towards gay people getting married.  Attitudes change.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2021, 01:25:41 PM »

Is there really such a thing as a gender binary? I'm not convinced. What makes a person male or female?

Their chromosomes and genatalia.

No, he said gender.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies