Buffalo, NY - The Comeback Kid (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:42:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Buffalo, NY - The Comeback Kid (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Buffalo, NY - The Comeback Kid  (Read 21419 times)
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« on: June 23, 2021, 09:26:40 AM »

Excellent news coming out of New York's most important city!
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2021, 02:03:28 PM »

https://twitter.com/DaveMcKinley2/status/1410623496284213254?s=19

The local party establishment is fully behind Walton, Brown's write-in campaign is just a joke vanity campaign from a man who's overdosed on copium. It'd be an upset if he could secure 10% of the vote
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2021, 09:40:00 AM »

Buffalo City Council considering shift to council-manager model of governance, eliminating the position of Mayor.

I was in South Buffalo the other day and was surprised by the number of "write in Byron Brown" signs I saw. Strange that he lost given I didn't see any signs for the other candidate. I haven't seen a centrist case of "yard signs aren't votes" before.
South Buffalo is the only part of the city the Republicans are ever competitive, shouldn't be surprising that the Republican candidate who's more moderate and has a higher stature than the average sacrificial lamb they pick would win there
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2021, 09:27:16 AM »

I don't think Suozzi has much cred at the other end of the state from where he works, and it's more a attempt to position himself against Hochul. But it's this race which is impacted so...
The one thing everyone in Buffalo agrees on is that we should sink Long Island. This development is devastating for Brown
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2021, 07:54:18 PM »

With how close the race naturally seems, there's a non-zero chance we get a chaos scenario where Brown + Carlisle + Myles + Misc. Write-Ins > India Walton, though Walton still ends up winning the race.
I would be pretty surprised if Walton came within 10 points
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies