Buffalo, NY - The Comeback Kid
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 10:50:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Buffalo, NY - The Comeback Kid
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16
Author Topic: Buffalo, NY - The Comeback Kid  (Read 22193 times)
Perlen vor den Schweinen
kongress
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: November 02, 2021, 08:49:32 PM »

Yeah, early reports are that Walton is heavily behind write-ins. This one might be interesting or it might be over early.

I suspect this race will make primary losers in non-competitive races be a lot less shy about fighting to stay in office. I was kind of surprised Lacy Clay didn't.

If you're talking about running someone in Clay's position in the general, then it's because all states but NY, CT, and IA have sore-loser laws.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #326 on: November 02, 2021, 08:52:32 PM »

Yeah, early reports are that Walton is heavily behind write-ins. This one might be interesting or it might be over early.

I suspect this race will make primary losers in non-competitive races be a lot less shy about fighting to stay in office. I was kind of surprised Lacy Clay didn't.

If you're talking about running someone in Clay's position in the general, then it's because all states but NY, CT, and IA have sore-loser laws.

I'm pretty sure he could run a write-in campaign like Brown did? That's how Lisa Murkowski won after losing the primary.

Of course, that's much trickier in a Presidential year Congressional race than an off-year Mayoral race, so I'm not shocked he just took his pension and retired.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #327 on: November 02, 2021, 08:52:36 PM »

Maroon avatars celebrated prematurely when Walton won the primary.

Write-ins up 65-35 with the early vote counted.

This thing looks over
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #328 on: November 02, 2021, 09:07:06 PM »
« Edited: November 02, 2021, 10:01:28 PM by Your Vote Is A Muscle »

Yeah, this is extremely over.

Not by tricks or hack judges or whatever - Brown simply took the race seriously. Not a lot to be mad about here, an endorsement from Hochul or whatever wouldn't have flipped this race.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #329 on: November 02, 2021, 09:21:36 PM »

iF DeMs NoMiNaTeD a TRUE PROGRESSIVE™ iN ViRgiNiA, ThEy WoULd HaVe WoN!!!
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #330 on: November 02, 2021, 09:26:41 PM »

Well no, most of the local party leadership aligning with the Republicans and their donors would not have occurred in Virginia.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #331 on: November 02, 2021, 09:30:50 PM »

You're right. An entrenched machine candidate who can turn out the vote would have won in Virg...

Oh.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #332 on: November 02, 2021, 09:31:15 PM »

Only 21% in according to the NYT???

Scroll down to the Mayoral Elections....

Not an expert on Buffalo but could well be that the EV is heavily from the White Cop / Firefighter type neighborhoods on the Southside?

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/11/02/us/elections/results-nyc-mayor.html
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #333 on: November 02, 2021, 09:31:41 PM »

Not by tricks or hack judges or whatever - Brown simply took the race seriously. Not a lot to be mad about.

It's pretty sad that voters ignored his obvious corruption and failings as a mayor, but I guess it's their fault that Buffalo will continue to be mired in poverty as one of the worst American cities. It's been funny to see our worst hacks like Ray LOLfield and Generic Macaroni embrace this terrible candidate because le evil left, though. It just means we can take them even less seriously from now on.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #334 on: November 02, 2021, 09:33:13 PM »

Not by tricks or hack judges or whatever - Brown simply took the race seriously. Not a lot to be mad about.

It's pretty sad that voters ignored his obvious corruption and failings as a mayor, but I guess it's their fault that Buffalo will continue to be mired in poverty as one of the worst American cities. It's been funny to see our worst hacks like Ray LOLfield and Generic Macaroni embrace this terrible candidate because le evil left, though. It just means we can take them even less seriously from now on.

Hoes Mad
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #335 on: November 02, 2021, 09:35:00 PM »

Hoes Mad

You realize that Byron Brown is against everything in your signature and will make those things harder to achieve, right?
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #336 on: November 02, 2021, 09:40:17 PM »

Only 21% in according to the NYT???

Scroll down to the Mayoral Elections....

Not an expert on Buffalo but could well be that the EV is heavily from the White Cop / Firefighter type neighborhoods on the Southside?

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/11/02/us/elections/results-nyc-mayor.html

You're right. Local media has it 59 Write in, 41 Walton with 96% in (WGRZ)
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #337 on: November 02, 2021, 09:49:21 PM »

I'm sorry you actually had to win a competitive general election after a sneak primary victory. This must be a very trying time for you.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #338 on: November 02, 2021, 09:55:43 PM »

I'm sorry you actually had to win a competitive general election after a sneak primary victory. This must be a very trying time for you.

"Sneak primary election" do you even hear yourself? If the roles were reversed, you'd be crying and shidding your pants right now like you usually do because a progressive refused to accept their primary loss.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #339 on: November 02, 2021, 09:56:38 PM »

"Sneak primary election" do you even hear yourself? If the roles were reversed, you'd be crying and shidding your pants right now like you usually do because a progressive refused to accept their primary loss.

Take all the time you need. I know it hurts.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #340 on: November 02, 2021, 09:57:07 PM »

And with that said, CNN calls it for Mayor Brown.

Thank you all for joining me for a thread I never expected to surpass 2 pages! lmao
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #341 on: November 02, 2021, 10:00:10 PM »

Map of results.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #342 on: November 02, 2021, 10:00:40 PM »

The coalition of Kander2020 and Ray LOLfield, two pathetic trolls, to support the write-in Republican is hilarious, but not unexpected. Hopefully Clown gets indicted for the things he's currently under investigation for.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #343 on: November 02, 2021, 10:01:56 PM »

That's right. Everything we don't like is a Republican.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #344 on: November 02, 2021, 10:04:09 PM »

Kinda like how everything you don't like is anti-Semitic, except this is based on reality (Republicans backing Brown) and not your own paranoid delusions.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #345 on: November 02, 2021, 10:08:50 PM »

Kinda like how everything you don't like is anti-Semitic, except this is based on reality (Republicans backing Brown) and not your own paranoid delusions.

My lord, dude. Cope.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #346 on: November 02, 2021, 10:09:36 PM »

The coalition of Kander2020 and Ray LOLfield, two pathetic trolls, to support the write-in Republican is hilarious, but not unexpected. Hopefully Clown gets indicted for the things he's currently under investigation for.

You done yet?
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #347 on: November 02, 2021, 10:10:45 PM »

Huge victory for Carl Paladino, Douglas Jemal, and the NY Republican Party. Major loss for Buffalo.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #348 on: November 02, 2021, 10:11:10 PM »

My lord, dude. Cope.

Go back to being a Republican, there's no point pretending to be a Dem anymore. You're probably cheering on Ciatarelli too.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #349 on: November 02, 2021, 10:12:40 PM »

You done yet?

You done with your current shtick of pretending to be a Dem?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies