Buffalo, NY - The Comeback Kid
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:43:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Buffalo, NY - The Comeback Kid
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16]
Author Topic: Buffalo, NY - The Comeback Kid  (Read 21421 times)
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: November 05, 2021, 01:51:28 AM »

iF DeMs NoMiNaTeD a TRUE PROGRESSIVE™ iN ViRgiNiA, ThEy WoULd HaVe WoN!!!

You're right. An entrenched machine candidate who can turn out the vote would have won in Virg...

Oh.

But a Sanders clone would've done better, not likely considerably worse?

"Something something neoliberal something something DLC Clinton hack".

Generally anyone who would have campaigned on a cohesive vision besides "Youngkin is Literally Trump". I saw the same playbook get rolled out in my state and we lost our State House majorities because of it. We have anti-vaxxers dictating COVID policy in New Hampshire because Democrats didn't articulate anything besides anti-Trumpism.

Maybe Lee Carter wouldn't have won, but I'm thinking someone like a Tom Perriello. JFC, one of the Lincoln Project goons probably would have done better than McAuliffe because they wouldn't have gotten complacent and allowed Youngkin to get the jump!

I respectfully suggest you are conflating a candidate's ideological appeal with campaign tactics.

For example,, if Lee Carter was the nominee, he could have run the most tactically flawless campaign in Virginia history,  and still would've lost by at least 10 points, likely closer to 15.

I'm not conflating anything. I'm saying that I believed campaign tactics were why McAuliffe lost.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #376 on: November 10, 2021, 01:41:49 PM »

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/11/08/buffalo-mayor-progressives-dems-520327

Well, this is just delightful. Demanding reprisals against the loser of a controversial race is ridiculous enough, but demanding them against the winner?
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #377 on: November 10, 2021, 06:10:25 PM »

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/11/08/buffalo-mayor-progressives-dems-520327

Well, this is just delightful. Demanding reprisals against the loser of a controversial race is ridiculous enough, but demanding them against the winner?

Uhhh wut

I don’t like brown after her scab work using, but as a party they should have 0 acceptance for someone who ignores the results of a primary
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies