Our Long, National Nightmare... Has Only Begun
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:18:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Our Long, National Nightmare... Has Only Begun
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Our Long, National Nightmare... Has Only Begun  (Read 371 times)
BaconCat
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 26, 2021, 01:53:28 AM »
« edited: June 27, 2021, 10:41:50 PM by BaconCat »

The day was September 22nd, 1975. It was 3:30 PM. President Gerald Rudolph Ford was leaving a meeting he had just been to with the World Affairs Counsel of San Francisco. It was a meeting on international affairs, and a frankly exhausting one at that. He never wanted to be in this President thing, but he had been thrust in, and he felt he may as well do the best he can. He had already announced his plan to seek a second term. The foreign policy was his weakest point. The Reaganites seemed to find his ideology revolting. Reagan had not yet officially announced his candidacy, but everyone knew it was going to happen. He had to be prepared for the fight of his life. Already he knew he’d have to axe Rockefeller, despite not wanting to. He was leaving the building, and headed toward his vehicle. He saw a crowd, and decided to wave. He had to act welcoming, after all, he only had this job cause he had ascended to it after the last guy was a total crook. But he never expected that a new President would suddenly ascend in this moment as well. In the crowd, among others, was a women named Sara Jane Moore. She pulled out a gun. Instantly, his heart sank, and he also felt Deja vu. Just 3 weeks prior, he had nearly been assassinated in the same state. He survived due to her not handling the gun correctly, which she claimed was intentional, but he knew that was horse sh**t. As this gun was aimed at him, he froze. The secret service headed forward, but before they could do anything, a shot was fired. It nearly missed, hitting only 6 inches away from missing. It hit him in the head, and he began bleeding and became unconscious. The secret service then tackled her, grabbed the gun, and she was promptly arrested. A commotion erupted over the incident. He was rushed to the hospital. The American people prayed he would be alright.

PRESIDENT FORD PRONOUNCED DEAD, ROCKEFELLER SWORN IN AS PRESIDENT

(Shows a picture of Rockefeller swearing in on the bible in the Senate gavel chair, with Betty Ford next to him, ala the LBJ swearing in picture (but no blood on Betty) on one side, and Happy Rockefeller on the other.)

Washington, D.C. - At 3:30 PM today, President Ford was shot after exiting the World Affairs Counsel. The hospital attempted to save him, but it was a fatal wound to the brain, and within 4 hours, he was pronounced dead. Learning the news, while in the Vice Presidential office looking over upcoming legislation, Vice President Rockefeller was told the news and taken out of the room, and sworn in as President.

“Hello, my fellow Americans. This is my first televised address as President of the United States. This should be an exciting moment for me. I’ve ran for President not once, not twice, but three times before. This has been a dream of mine for a while.” the new President said in his first televised address, which he called upon immediately following his swearing in. “But… I can’t believe it had to happen like this. Today, yet another wound has struck our nation’s government. Over the past few years, our government has gone through turmoil. From a President resigning for the first time ever, to the first pardoning of a President, the rage has been building up towards our leadership. And, while I greatly disagree with the criticisms of this white house, I can understand where people are coming from. But why did it have go this far!? Regardless of your thoughts on the man, or if you felt the pardon was corruption to the core, President Ford was a great, honest man. If you didn’t like him, you should have voted him out. But this… this is an atrocity. I think, we should take this moment, as a nation, in prayer. (silence for about 45 seconds). I hereby declare, that, as President, I will do my best to finish Ford’s goal of carrying the nation past the horrors of Watergate. Thank you, and god bless America”.

President Rockefeller approval ratings:
Approve:71%
Disapprove:17%
Unsure:12%

Would you support President Rockefeller running for re-election?
Approve:45%
Disapprove:14%
Unsure:41%

BaconCat
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2021, 10:40:46 PM »

Ok I’m thinking about it more and I don’t know that it’s the best time for me to write this. I kinda came up with this on the spot and planned certain things out but nows not the time. I’ll continue hopefully within a few months at most but for now:hiatus
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies