What would you do in the "Strangeverse"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:17:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  What would you do in the "Strangeverse"
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What would you do in the "Strangeverse"  (Read 204 times)
Motorcity

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 21, 2021, 11:13:14 PM »

Many people here are fans of alternate history. A common theme is someone from the future coming and urging a historical figure to avoid the upcoming apocalypse. He gives him a mind control ring, teleporter, and a device that allows one to create any element he desires.

https://www.alternatehistory.com/wiki/doku.php?id=timelines:the_strangerverse

Imagine this happens to you, on Jan 1, 2020, along with future knowlegde from July 4th 2021. What do you do?

1. I would get rich by using the element device to create gold. I would also invest in crypto currency lol.

2. I would run for congress in my congressional district. It is a R 30+ district, but I don't think Democrats have ever ran a serious campaign. We had a Democrat up until 2010. I would use the gold to fund my campaign while using the mind control ring to win votes

3. I would teleport and make several trips to Maine and North Carolina so that Democrats win the senate seats in these states. I would go around with the mind control ring to help Gideon and Cunnigham.

4. I would go to Georgia and help Ossoff and Warnock win outright in November. This would require the mind control ring to get all the other Democrats like Liberman to drop out

5. Maybe help flip a few more house districts that were really close

6. Once in congress, I would push for Biden to go farther and more progress. Like wiping out all student loans

7. I would use the mind control ring to get Manchin and Sinema to kill the filibuster and vote for progressive items. Same for any other senator that might be problematic like Feinstein or Warner.

8. In congress, I lead the push for the following items

-public option
-free college
-caps on drug prices and free insulin
-ban gerrymandering
-funding for cancer research
-infrastrcutre
-child and eldery care tax credits
-PRO Union Act
-modernizng welfare to make it easier to apply and get
-citizenship for illegal imigrants
-boosting teacher pay
-lower Medicare age and extra benefits
-funding to prevent cyber attacks, EMP, metor, super volcano, climate etc
-small business and farm support
-commission to investigate automation's effect on workers

9. With all this pass, Democrats are very popular in 2022. Of course I would campaign in some key house and senate districts to make sure, with the mind control ring

10. Any items taken up in court, I use the mind control ring on the judge

11. I  convinced Breyer to retire from the Supreme Court

12. After 2024, I'll either retire or join the state department and work on Israeli-Palestine peace
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2021, 05:30:27 PM »

Many people here are fans of alternate history. A common theme is someone from the future coming and urging a historical figure to avoid the upcoming apocalypse. He gives him a mind control ring, teleporter, and a device that allows one to create any element he desires.

Imagine this happens to you, on Jan 1, 2020, along with future knowlegde from July 4th 2021. What do you do?

1. I would get rich by using the element device to create gold. I would also invest in crypto currency lol.

2. I would run for congress in my congressional district. It is a R 30+ district, but I don't think Democrats have ever ran a serious campaign. We had a Democrat up until 2010. I would use the gold to fund my campaign while using the mind control ring to win votes

3. I would teleport and make several trips to Maine and North Carolina so that Democrats win the senate seats in these states. I would go around with the mind control ring to help Gideon and Cunnigham.

4. I would go to Georgia and help Ossoff and Warnock win outright in November. This would require the mind control ring to get all the other Democrats like Liberman to drop out

6. Once in congress, I would push for Biden to go farther and more progress. Like wiping out all student loans

7. I would use the mind control ring to get Manchin and Sinema to kill the filibuster and vote for progressive items. Same for any other senator that might be problematic like Feinstein or Warner.

-public option
-free college
-ban gerrymandering
-infrastrcutre
-PRO Union Act
-boosting teacher pay

9. With all this pass, Democrats are very popular in 2022. Of course I would campaign in some key house and senate districts to make sure, with the mind control ring

12. After 2024, I'll either retire or join the state department and work on Israeli-Palestine peace

You know covid is coming. What do you do?
Motorcity

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2021, 05:33:07 PM »

-public option
-free college
-ban gerrymandering
-infrastrcutre
-PRO Union Act
-boosting teacher pay

Nothing really tbh

My life didn't change at all from COVID except I had to wear a mask because I was essential. Maybe buy some stock in Zoom
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2021, 06:01:20 AM »

-public option
-free college
-ban gerrymandering
-infrastrcutre
-PRO Union Act
-boosting teacher pay

Nothing really tbh

My life didn't change at all from COVID except I had to wear a mask because I was essential. Maybe buy some stock in Zoom
Yeah. Have an anti cruise ship blog to work on in your spare time.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies