Opinion of the Dropouts: MT Treasurer
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:20:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of the Dropouts: MT Treasurer
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Huh?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 105

Author Topic: Opinion of the Dropouts: MT Treasurer  (Read 4116 times)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2021, 02:34:57 PM »

The fact that 39 people voted HP is a sign that the forum is going downhill.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2021, 02:37:26 PM »

I wasn’t a fan of all his takes but he definitely was an FF .
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2021, 08:25:19 PM »

Obvious trolls aside, probably the least valuable poster on the forum. Maybe the statewide elections boards are beyond saving, but if he's gone it can only help.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2021, 08:35:05 PM »
« Edited: June 21, 2021, 08:49:19 PM by Southern Deputy Speaker Punxsutawney Phil »

Say what you want about MT Treasurer, but his takes on Joe Manchin and about how poorly GOPers have acted strategically were right on the money, AND miles more sound that those of most other people on the forum. I don't care for the fact he was a GOP partisan unhappy about those realities - and because of that view, at least I won't miss the forest for the trees on this matter.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2021, 11:38:49 PM »

The fact that only 39 people voted HP is a sign that the forum is going downhill.
fixed
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2021, 01:56:05 PM »

I don't know if I would go far enough to call him an HP since he has at least had some redeemable pieces of astute analysis that often went against Atlas' conventional wisdom, but I can't say that I'm torn up about him being gone for the time being. His meme posts grew thin rather quickly and had a negative effect on the Congressional/Statewide boards on the whole (to the point where I felt like I couldn't post there). It's also clear that he has a malicious view of the Democrats/left (that colors much of his "analysis"), as well as some clearly misguided views about the way left-leaning voters function.

With that said, I think he is only part of a larger problem on the Congressional and Statewide Boards that it is an environment that rewards meme posts at the expense of more high-effort content. There needs to be something to improve the quality standards of those and discourage others from engaging in tiresome shitposting. I frequently see comments about how other boards (like International Politics and R&P) are of a higher quality because of their userbases/efforts by moderators to keep them of a certain standard while heaping scorn on the Congressional/Statewide boards (Xahar's hyperbolic comment above being an example). It's ridiculous that we can't impose higher standards for the Congressional/Statewide boards when those are elections that so many users care deeply about and want to have longer, quality discussions.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2021, 02:31:55 PM »

To be fair, there isn't a whole lot of moderator action on the R&P board. It's just that most users who opt to post there are usually more interested in serious discussions than memeing.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2021, 05:51:25 PM »

I'm sorry to see him go, although his explanation would suggest that was a sensible decision. This place is worse without him and without his memes.

Moments like these demanded them.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2021, 08:27:44 PM »

I'm sorry to see him go, although his explanation would suggest that was a sensible decision. This place is worse without him and without his memes.

Moments like these demanded them.
The proper response to Chris Cillizza saying something stupid is not to derail threads and spam multiple pages of meme nonsense when no one on the forum buys it anyway. His "method" of dealing with such things is a good example of "cutting off your nose to spite your face."
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2021, 08:42:42 PM »

The take I'm not understanding at all is the notion that his memes somehow provided a countermeasure of sorts to bad takes and #analysis. I do not possible see how they did and even if they did somehow it would be like a gang member shooting another gang member in a crowd so in response the other gang sprays fire and kills the shooter along with a ton of innocent bystanders. Perhaps the best analogy is that they were a sort of Dr. Strangelove-style doomsday device in that they rendered entire threads unusable wastelands or discussion of certain races almost impossible, but even then the analogy would only work if they served as a deterrent, which they did not, and especially not against people like Cillizza who do not post here. In that case the analogy would be if the Polish Army's response to Germany invading would be to start massacres in Warsaw.
here2view
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.13, S: -1.74

P P P
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2021, 10:24:02 PM »

Massive FF, he was one of the best electoral predictors here. Gave a lot of good insight, especially for Montana politics. I'll miss that if he doesn't return.

I honestly didn't find the memes that bad, but that's very likely because I haven't been that active here since the election (I'm a teacher so I had no time, especially this year, from September until last week.)
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2021, 02:31:15 PM »

he retired?
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2021, 03:49:32 PM »

It turned out to be a temporary break.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »