June 2021 Poll: Who will be the GOP nominee
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:49:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  June 2021 Poll: Who will be the GOP nominee
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ?
Donald Trump

Ron DeSantis

Josh Hawley

Tom Cotton

Ted Cruz

Rick Scott

Mike Pence

Tim Scott

Kristi Noem

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 120

Author Topic: June 2021 Poll: Who will be the GOP nominee  (Read 2773 times)
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2021, 06:28:44 PM »

Look, Trump’s going to run again if for no other reason than that Twitter will have to let him access the presidential account. That alone is motivation enough.

Seriously though, something the previous presidential election cycle rammed into me is that it’s very difficult to tell early on who will even run in the first place. If you had told me this early into the election from 2016 that Donald Trump would not only perform well in the primary but win the general I’d have assumed you fell asleep watching a “Back To The Future” marathon.

Anyway, I voted “other”.

I think Twitter would just ban the Presidential account preemptively if Trump wins.

Or just delete any tweets sent out from that account that are obviously from him, as they did from Jan. 8th-20th.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2021, 06:42:02 PM »

I'm not entirely certain, but as of now I think it will be Trump still. I think he'll finagle his way out of legal trouble and with that out of the way there is truly nothing that will stop him from attempting to pull a Grover Cleveland in a rematch with Biden.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2021, 05:52:51 AM »

Trump or DeSantis
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2021, 06:00:35 AM »

DeSantis is overrated and will probably flame out early.
Tom Cotton will probably be the Nominee

Possible but Cotton did not vote to object to the election results. If it is a Senator, Cruz, Hawley and Rick Scott may get a headstart.
Former Crackhead Mike Lindell
Randall
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2021, 06:36:50 AM »

Trump if he makes it that far. DeSantis is the Republicans want to win. Mike Lindell if they want to burn it all down. The Avenging Demon option.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2021, 09:38:22 AM »
« Edited: June 08, 2021, 09:42:09 AM by SN2903 »

Gov. Ron DeSantis -after Donald Trump's latest appearance, it should be crystal clear to all that he no longer has the mental capacity (if he ever did) of running for President, let alone serving as President.  He is close to being medically declared insane as it is.   I am not worried about him.  Trump is done.  
Yeah he didn't sound good , but I still don't think he is done. You can never count Trump out. I want DeSantis for the nomination but my gut is Trump comes back and beats Harris for a 2nd term.
Would vote for Hillary Clinton over Joe Biden.
UnvaccinatedNcircumcised
Rookie
United States

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2021, 12:11:23 PM »

Why is there  agreement between SN2093 and an Atlas Democrat that "Trump didn't sound well/okay/healthy" at the recent NCGOP dinner. I didn't notice that he sounded better or worse than usual. The man is nearly 75 and stood up speaking for 2 hours straight. How exactly did he appear to sound worse than normal at this event?
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2021, 12:18:26 PM »
« Edited: June 08, 2021, 12:25:18 PM by SN2903 »

Why is there  agreement between SN2093 and an Atlas Democrat that "Trump didn't sound well/okay/healthy" at the recent NCGOP dinner. I didn't notice that he sounded better or worse than usual. The man is nearly 75 and stood up speaking for 2 hours straight. How exactly did he appear to sound worse than normal at this event?
His speeches/apperances since the election have lacked the same energy as even the 2020 rallies. He is still a very strong speaker especially for his age but I am comparing it to his speechces in past years. I do think if he does announce though he will ramp up the energy.
Former Crackhead Mike Lindell
Randall
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2021, 02:39:49 PM »

Why is there  agreement between SN2093 and an Atlas Democrat that "Trump didn't sound well/okay/healthy" at the recent NCGOP dinner. I didn't notice that he sounded better or worse than usual. The man is nearly 75 and stood up speaking for 2 hours straight. How exactly did he appear to sound worse than normal at this event?
His speeches/apperances since the election have lacked the same energy as even the 2020 rallies. He is still a very strong speaker especially for his age but I am comparing it to his speechces in past years. I do think if he does announce though he will ramp up the energy.

His conference speeches have always been stiff. I'd say the rallies will be the real indicator. No script - with a live and reactive crowd. We'll see then.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2021, 03:12:45 PM »

His conference speeches have always been stiff. I'd say the rallies will be the real indicator. No script - with a live and reactive crowd. We'll see then.
Yes I agree
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2021, 06:55:30 PM »

Assuming that Trump doesn't run, the most likely nominee is DeSantis. If Trump gives DeSantis his endorsement, it will be game over for other potential Republican candidates.
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2021, 05:43:31 AM »

Look, Trump’s going to run again if for no other reason than that Twitter will have to let him access the presidential account. That alone is motivation enough.

Seriously though, something the previous presidential election cycle rammed into me is that it’s very difficult to tell early on who will even run in the first place. If you had told me this early into the election from 2016 that Donald Trump would not only perform well in the primary but win the general I’d have assumed you fell asleep watching a “Back To The Future” marathon.

Anyway, I voted “other”.

I think Twitter would just ban the Presidential account preemptively if Trump wins.

Are they allowed to do that? That account represents the United States - Trump's banned account was him in a personal capacity. To some people it's a distinction without a difference but to me it raises far more questions about censorship which unlike Trump's ramblings would be fairly legitimate.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2021, 10:10:00 AM »

Toss-up between Trump and DeSantis.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2021, 06:59:38 PM »

Anyway, I voted “other”.

Absolutely not. Social media cut sweetheart deals for Trump throughout the 2020 campaign and banned him just after Democrats secured a trifecta. They are fairly transparent in favouring the government of the day to avoid hard reforms.
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2021, 07:28:09 PM »

I don't think Trump will run, so most likely DeSantis. If not Cruz.
KYRockefeller
Rookie

« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2021, 01:09:28 PM »

I think DeSantis is the current frontrunner BUT I don't discount the possibility of another unheralded candidate coming out of nowhere to make a challenge either.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2021, 01:16:54 PM »

Biden is blowing every R out of the water due to vaccinations that's why Trump relented and if Rs don't win in 2022, Trump is out anyways and possibly DeSantis whom is really only 5 pts ahead of Crist
xavier110
United States
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2021, 01:55:07 PM »

Why….wouldn’t Trump run? Why do people think he’ll be prosecuted? He’s obviously running and winning.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2021, 02:36:12 PM »

Why….wouldn’t Trump run? Why do people think he’ll be prosecuted? He’s obviously running and winning.

You're sort of asking three different questions here.

"Will Trump run?" is up for debate since he clearly hated being President and is getting older and unhealthier.

"Will Trump win?" is relatively uncontroversial here, most if not all posters seem to agree that if Trump does run, he will win the nomination.

"Will Trump be prosecuted?" is irrelevant to the discussion since he can legally run from prison, and being prosecuted could make him a martyr.
Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2021, 03:53:10 PM »

Junior Chimp

« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2021, 04:32:49 PM »

The Republican Nominee will be either a former President (Trump) or a Governor.

This is how it always has been. The Republican Party always nominates a Governor (Reagan, George W. Bush), a former Governor (Mitt Romney) or a sitting VP (George H. W. Bush).

McCain was a massive fluke and aberration IMO.

So Tom Cotton, Ted Cruz, Josh Hawley or Marco Rubio can already pack their bags.

The Republican Base tremendously hates Washington so they will nominate someone outside of D. C.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies