2022 Districts by 2020 Pres. result
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:01:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2022 Districts by 2020 Pres. result
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2022 Districts by 2020 Pres. result  (Read 1187 times)
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 15, 2021, 10:57:53 PM »

So far we don't have this data and won't until maybe the end of the year but I would say it will look something like this:
     R- D
CA 7-45
WA 3-7
OR 1-5
HI 0-2
AK 1-0
CO 3-5
NV 1-3
AZ 4-5
NM 0-3
WY 1-0
ID 2-0
UT 4-0
MT 2-0
ND 1-0
SD 1-0
NE 2-1
KS 3-1
OK 5-0
TX 25-13
MN 4-4
IA 4-0
IL 3-14
WI 6-2
IN 8-1
MI 6-7
OH 12-3
PA 8-9
MO 6-2
AR 4-0
LA 5-1
TN 7-2
MS 3-1
AL 6-1
WV 2-0
KY 6-0
FL 20-8
GA 9-5
SC 6-1
NC 9-5
VA 4-7
MD 0-8
DE 0-1
NJ 3-9
NY 3-23
CT 0-5
RI 0-2
MA 0-9
VT 0-1
NH 0-2
ME 1-1

This would produce a 224-211 Biden split, the exact same as the 2020 election result. I think this is pretty realistic and it's possible we could even get Biden up to 226-229 in the final count.

1) TX really is going to be defensive for the GOP, they have so many marginal seats right now there is little option but to pack the existing Dems, try to add the 2 new seats. Even making Vela's seat red will be offset by a new blue Austin seat. Trump won all of the marginal seats by like 0-5%.

2) Dems need to gerrymander NY, there is a major opportunity to turn 4 Trump districts into Biden +10 ones. This is how they keep the House, offset losses in NC GA FL IN KY with pickups here.

3) MD-1, NM-2, IL-13 seem possible if not likely to go from Trump to Biden districts.

4) MO, TN might just keep existing maps, Wasserman indicated Rs don't seem willing to crack KC. I will assume for this that they don't crack KC or Nashville but do crack Louisville and Gary in KY/IN. Also assuming KS decides to pack the 3rd district instead.

5) I give GOP 20-8 in FL but 19-9 or 18-10 is realistic based on the compactness law.

6) AZ commission might make it 5-4 R but for commission or court drawn states I'll assume no change maps until proven otherwise.

7) GOP could overrule the IA commission and make IA-3 a Des Moines to Johnson City Biden seat, in either event, any changes they make gets Axne safer to sure up 1 and 2.

8. Dems have potential upside in court decisions and commissions, I would not be shocked if they got a 5th district in Minnesota, more friendly maps in Wisconsin and some combo of a 6th in CO, 8th in WA, and another competitive one in VA along with decent MI/PA maps. NJ Supreme Court tiebreaker could make it a 10-2 Biden with Kim getting bluer. Sleeper is OH Supreme Court to make the map more like 10-5 instead of 12-3.

The main take is I don't believe the GOP is getting congressional maps that will be a walk in the park for them. Nor do I believe a split outcome where Dems win PA, WI senate seats but lose House is terribly likely and the above explains why.
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: 2.26

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2021, 10:41:43 PM »

Yeah no this is delusionally optimistic.

For starters how are you getting NY down to 3 Trump seats that's definitely a dummymander upstate. It's more likely to be 21-5
KS has already said they're going for 4-0 as well as Tennessee for splitting Nashville. Missouri is more up in the air but I highly doubt Wasserman has any actual inside knowledge. Texas is very easy to do 26-12, NC will likely by 11-3, GA will probably go for 10-4 which is also pretty easy. Ohio Republicans will probably go for 13-2 I doubt they draw out one of their incumbents and you can do that following all the redistricting rules. The Oregon legislature has agreed on 4-2 apparantely. While Michigan and Pennsylvania probably lose a Trump district it probably moves the other swing ones in his direction so I would flip those. I think NE said they would go for 3-0. With the commission, VA will probably wind up being 6D-5R and Arizona 5R-4D. If MD goes 8-0 and IL goes 14-3 I don't see Republicans holding back.

Also I doubt any VRA lawsuits will be decided before the midterms since it's going to take so long to draw these maps due to the slow census. I see it ending up Trump 230 Biden 205 after redistricting
DPKdebator
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: 3.65

P P P

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2021, 11:00:23 PM »

The NHGOP will almost certainly go for a 1-1 map.
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2021, 12:05:46 AM »

For starters how are you getting NY down to 3 Trump seats that's definitely a dummymander upstate. It's more likely to be 21-5
KS has already said they're going for 4-0 as well as Tennessee for splitting Nashville. Missouri is more up in the air but I highly doubt Wasserman has any actual inside knowledge. Texas is very easy to do 26-12, NC will likely by 11-3, GA will probably go for 10-4 which is also pretty easy. Ohio Republicans will probably go for 13-2 I doubt they draw out one of their incumbents and you can do that following all the redistricting rules. The Oregon legislature has agreed on 4-2 apparantely. While Michigan and Pennsylvania probably lose a Trump district it probably moves the other swing ones in his direction so I would flip those. I think NE said they would go for 3-0. With the commission, VA will probably wind up being 6D-5R and Arizona 5R-4D. If MD goes 8-0 and IL goes 14-3 I don't see Republicans holding back.

Also I doubt any VRA lawsuits will be decided before the midterms since it's going to take so long to draw these maps due to the slow census. I see it ending up Trump 230 Biden 205 after redistricting

NC isn’t going 11-3…even Biden won 2 R districts  on their old 10-3 map. NC Supreme Court also is still 4-3 D.

GA won’t be more than 9-5, anything more would f**k the GOP in 4-6 years. Metro Atlanta isn’t getting better for them and I think Rs will be happy with giving McBath a safe seat.

Don’t discount how many TX Rs need to be shored up. 2, 3, 6, 10, 21, 22 were all Trump by 3 or less and 24 was Biden +5. Keeping these members is a priority for GOP, probably making 7,32 safe Dem.

Wasserman had an NY map with 23-3 Biden and 22 of them Biden +10 or higher and Katko’s seat winnable if he were to ever retire.

NH might draw a winnable R seat but it still might be like a 50-48 Biden one.

Ohio Supreme Court very likely won’t allow 13-2, packing Cincinnati makes more sense for Rs anyway. 
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2021, 07:46:04 AM »
« Edited: June 19, 2021, 08:26:17 AM by Devils30 »

NC isn’t going 11-3…even Biden won 2 R districts  on their old 10-3 map. NC Supreme Court also is still 4-3 D.

GA won’t be more than 9-5, anything more would f**k the GOP in 4-6 years. Metro Atlanta isn’t getting better for them and I think Rs will be happy with giving McBath a safe seat.

Don’t discount how many TX Rs need to be shored up. 2, 3, 6, 10, 21, 22 were all Trump by 3 or less and 24 was Biden +5. Keeping these members is a priority for GOP, probably making 7,32 safe Dem.

Wasserman had an NY map with 23-3 Biden and 22 of them Biden +10 or higher and Katko’s seat winnable if he were to ever retire.

Ohio Supreme Court very likely won’t allow 13-2, packing Cincinnati makes more sense for Rs anyway.  

The Chief Justice of the NC Supreme Court (a Republican) will assign the initial three judge panel that hears redistricting claims. It is almost certain they will drag their feet long enough to kick the can past 2022, when the GOP will have the opportunity to flip 2 supreme court seats. I think it is up for debate if NC goes 11-3 or 10-4, but the NC GOP has been aggressive in the past, and I've drawn a 11-3 map where every NC seat was 56% Trump in 2020 (56% McCain was the target they used in 2010).

10-4 wouldn't be taking Atlanta down to 3 seats, it would be trying to cut Sanford Bishop (or making his seat a mostly a Metro Atlanta seat while including Columbus or Macon).

I drew a 27-12 map (back when we thought there'd be 39 seats) where every GOP seat was Trump +20 in 2020 numbers (except for a few of the fajitas which were somewhat lower, but still over Trump +10 and went Trump in 2016 as well). 32 will be needed to become a Dem sink, but the GOP can cut a Houston seat in all likelihood (Kevin Brady's seat can be divided up to help shore up a lot of Republicans now that he's retiring). I haven't bothered drawing a new 26-12 map, but I assume my task is easier because the Dem sinks can grow and the GOPs can take what would have been the 27th seat.

Don't have any particular thoughts on NH and NY (beyond that it is pretty illogical to presume NY would go 23-3, but TN GOP wouldn't cut the Nashville seat), but with Ohio, it absolutely makes sense for the GOP to go for the Cincinnati based seat. If you are smart with which suburbs you take, you can get that seat up to ~Trump +7 (and the other Cincy area seats can be Trump +19 so there's no dummymander risk). If the Ohio Democrats refuse to sign off on the map, it only lasts for four years anyways, then needs to get redrawn. The GOP can then re-evaluate the state of trends after 2024 and decide if a Cincinnati sink makes sense then. If Democrats decide to sign off on the map in hope #trends wins the seat eventually, that will probably quash any potential court challenge (not that I think a court challenge is likely to prevail anyways) and in the end, its better to have a seat that might fail at the end of the decade rather than automatically lose it for the entire decade.

A lot of incumbents don’t want to have a 75% new district bc they fear losing to a MAGA challenger. That’s probably the biggest factor. 11-3 in NC and 10-4 in GA will have major voting rights act issues. That’s why I expect Dems to keep GA-6 NC-2,6.

I’m not saying Rs won’t win the House, just saying the Dems can create more Biden won districts in NY and probably put the number around 221-226.
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2021, 10:48:51 AM »

Devils has just about everything going right for Dems; Coastal Elitist has just about everything going right for the GOP. Both are way too optimistic for their side; the end result will be somewhere in between.
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2021, 11:38:30 AM »

NC isn’t going 11-3…even Biden won 2 R districts  on their old 10-3 map. NC Supreme Court also is still 4-3 D.

The Chief Justice of the NC Supreme Court (a Republican) will assign the initial three judge panel that hears redistricting claims. It is almost certain they will drag their feet long enough to kick the can past 2022, when the GOP will have the opportunity to flip 2 supreme court seats. I think it is up for debate if NC goes 11-3 or 10-4, but the NC GOP has been aggressive in the past, and I've drawn a 11-3 map where every NC seat was 56% Trump in 2020 (56% McCain was the target they used in 2010).

10-4 wouldn't be taking Atlanta down to 3 seats, it would be trying to cut Sanford Bishop (or making his seat a mostly a Metro Atlanta seat while including Columbus or Macon).

I drew a 27-12 map (back when we thought there'd be 39 seats) where every GOP seat was Trump +20 in 2020 numbers (except for a few of the fajitas which were somewhat lower, but still over Trump +10 and went Trump in 2016 as well). 32 will be needed to become a Dem sink, but the GOP can cut a Houston seat in all likelihood (Kevin Brady's seat can be divided up to help shore up a lot of Republicans now that he's retiring). I haven't bothered drawing a new 26-12 map, but I assume my task is easier because the Dem sinks can grow and the GOPs can take what would have been the 27th seat.

Don't have any particular thoughts on NH and NY (beyond that it is pretty illogical to presume NY would go 23-3, but TN GOP wouldn't cut the Nashville seat), but with Ohio, it absolutely makes sense for the GOP to go for the Cincinnati based seat. If you are smart with which suburbs you take, you can get that seat up to ~Trump +7 (and the other Cincy area seats can be Trump +19 so there's no dummymander risk). If the Ohio Democrats refuse to sign off on the map, it only lasts for four years anyways, then needs to get redrawn. The GOP can then re-evaluate the state of trends after 2024 and decide if a Cincinnati sink makes sense then. If Democrats decide to sign off on the map in hope #trends wins the seat eventually, that will probably quash any potential court challenge (not that I think a court challenge is likely to prevail anyways) and in the end, its better to have a seat that might fail at the end of the decade rather than automatically lose it for the entire decade.

A lot of incumbents don’t want to have a 75% new district bc they fear losing to a MAGA challenger. That’s probably the biggest factor. 11-3 in NC and 10-4 in GA will have major voting rights act issues. That’s why I expect Dems to keep GA-6 NC-2,6.

I’m not saying Rs won’t win the House, just saying the Dems can create more Biden won districts in NY and probably put the number around 221-226.
Ok yet Democrats will be willing to change their seats and risk primary challenges that doesn't make sense. Also I looked back at Wasserman's map and he didn't base it off 2020 numbers because DRA doesn't have those. He based it off 2012-2016 composite which is not reliable to make a current map. He also didn't provide a partisan breakdown and margins for the districts he drew but looking at the map it's obvious that the dem seats in upstate are weak. Also you really think the Republican courts will strike down Republican maps when courts like PA's willingly draw biased maps for Democrats come on. Also like I said before it's highly unlikely any court cases will be decided in time. It won't be anywhere close to 226 for Democrats after redistricting. If Democrats are willing to go all out in NY, IL and MD like you say then expect Republicans to go all out in states they control.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2021, 11:59:37 AM »

I’m guessing there will probably be around 220 Trump 2020 districts.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2021, 12:30:12 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2021, 12:35:47 PM by Spectator »

I don’t think it will be that pronounced. Dems probably squeeze one or more out of each of Maryland,  Illinois, Oregon, Colorado, New Mexico and New York. California’s redistricting commission seems heavily biased in a Democrats’ favor too, so something like 47 or 48 Biden districts there wouldn’t surprise me either compared to the current 46. Geography really favors Democrats in California.

Conversely, I only think Republicans will try and squeeze one out of Georgia instead of two. Then the Indiana and Tennessee cracks. I don’t think they’re going to draw any Dems out in Texas, but all the new seats will be Republican. North Carolina might be R+2. Florida will be brutal at 20-8 would be my guess.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2021, 12:42:31 PM »

I don’t think it will be that pronounced. Dems probably squeeze one or more out of each of Maryland,  Illinois, Oregon, Colorado, New Mexico and New York. California’s redistricting commission seems heavily biased in a Democrats’ favor too, so something like 47 or 48 Biden districts there wouldn’t surprise me either compared to the current 46. Geography really favors Democrats in California.

Conversely, I only think Republicans will try and squeeze one out of Georgia instead of two. Then the Indiana and Tennessee cracks. I don’t think they’re going to draw any Dems out in Texas, but all the new seats will be Republican. North Carolina might be R+2. Florida will be brutal at 20-8 would be my guess.

11-3 or even 10-4 in NC is a recipe for having a 7-7 map forced later in the decade if Dems regain the court.
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2021, 02:04:19 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2021, 02:18:27 PM by Devils30 »

11-3 or even 10-4 in NC is a recipe for having a 7-7 map forced later in the decade if Dems regain the court.

Same could happen later in the decade in GA depending on how elections unfold. Cracking Gary and Louisville is a lot easier than cracking Nashville, KC, the latter 2 present some real VRA issues. FL also has the amendment mandating towns/counties stay intact so that might limit things to 19-9 or 18-10 GOP. I totally expect NY Dems to gerrymander the state and at least get 21-22 Biden districts.

As far as being realistic or not...what is so absurd about my numbers?

CA- Biden won 46-7,  45-7 here
FL- 20-8 Trump
WI- 6-2 Trump here, it is absurd if a court puts part of Dane in WI-3?
PA- 9-8 Biden seems like something the PA Supreme Court will draw
MI- Don't expect 8-6 Trump with commission, 7-6 Biden seems logical?
AZ- I expect 5-4 either way
IA- if Rs make IA-1,2 redder, it will make IA-3 a Biden district.
KS- Rs margins have been shrinking, given trends in Johnson and the close 2018 in KS-2 they might be fine with KS-3 as a Dem sink. Legislature has plenty of splits among Rs so Kelly could veto if enough dissent.
MN- Would anyone be shocked if 4-4 became 5-3 Biden if a court draws them to reflect the state?
NY- GOP has more than they should here, 21-22 Biden makes sense at very least.

TX, GA, NC, FL are great for Republicans. But you have to realize they ALREADY have gerrymandered majorities (minus court drawn FL) so you're basically talking about the marginal gain of adding to a gerrymander, not a 2012 style change like NC.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2021, 02:24:29 PM »

Oregon Democrats have essentially given the Oregon Republicans veto power over congressional maps in return for a promise not to stall legislation by quorum busting. Oregon is far, far, more likely to go 4-2 than it is to go 6-0.

If it goes 4-2, Dems are going to demand that there four seats (especially OR-04) are made safe.
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2021, 02:27:07 PM »

Oregon Democrats have essentially given the Oregon Republicans veto power over congressional maps in return for a promise not to stall legislation by quorum busting. Oregon is far, far, more likely to go 4-2 than it is to go 6-0.

If it goes 4-2, Dems are going to demand that there four seats (especially OR-04) are made safe.

I think 4-1-1 with OR-6 being a Trump 2016-Biden 2020 district could be the compromise.
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2021, 02:57:34 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2021, 03:06:39 PM by Devils30 »

The court as is might just strike it down and draw a 9-5 map then....I don't see a 4-3 D court allowing 10-4, after 2022 is another story.

For FL it might make sense for Rs to just draw a 57% Biden district out of Duval County to protect against future trends.

Dems giving up control of this in VA, CO was a nightmare, something driven more from the ivory tower than designed to help the party win. That said, if either commission went 8-3 or 6-2 shouldn't stun anyone.

Don't also forget the OH Supreme Court is 4-3 R and one of the Rs ruled the GOPs 2011 maps illegal in a then dissenting opinion.
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2021, 03:07:29 PM »

Unless you think the court will egregiously split Pittsburgh you're going to end up with 9 Trump seats in PA based on a fair map. Also in MI a fair map has at least 7 Trump seats even if some are marginal. Minnesota is likely to be 4-4 to do 5-3 you'd have to gerrymander. With a fair commission, AZ should have 5 Trump seats as well since the abomination of AZ-1 likely gets changed.  Go and draw the maps that will be under a commission and you'll see what I mean.

I don't get the assumption that democratic courts will gerrymander for dems while Republican courts will strike down R maps.

Also it was already explained with NC that the chief justice who's a Republican can appoint a panel and drag the case along for a while.
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2021, 04:11:30 PM »

Unless you think the court will egregiously split Pittsburgh you're going to end up with 9 Trump seats in PA based on a fair map. Also in MI a fair map has at least 7 Trump seats even if some are marginal. Minnesota is likely to be 4-4 to do 5-3 you'd have to gerrymander. With a fair commission, AZ should have 5 Trump seats as well since the abomination of AZ-1 likely gets changed.  Go and draw the maps that will be under a commission and you'll see what I mean.

I don't get the assumption that democratic courts will gerrymander for dems while Republican courts will strike down R maps.

Also it was already explained with NC that the chief justice who's a Republican can appoint a panel and drag the case along for a while.

Pittsburgh was already split in the 2018 remap and PA-17 is a solid swing district that probably remains similar in 2022. No, 9 Trump districts is not a fair map in a state Biden won, 9-8 Biden is the fairest and I think it's reasonable to expect something like this. Yes, the 9th Biden district might be PA-1 which obviously won't flip unless Fitzpatrick retires. A Dem gerrymander would be 12-5, 11-6...9-8 Biden that was 9-8 Trump 2016 is a fair map.

No MI map "has to have at least 7 Trump seats." Biden won the state by around 3%, a fair map is probably something like 5-5-3 with 7-6 Biden. I wouldn't expect the MI commission or PA courts to help the GOP out.

AZ fair map would be 5-4 Biden (albeit with a very very marginal 5th seat) considering he won the state. The current map is actually pretty fair even if it was unfair in 2012 and helped Dems.

MN, WI are really wildcards, you just don't know what the courts do or if Evers makes a deal in WI with the legislature. MN gerrymander would be 6-2 not 5-3.

My problem with you is that you seem to think the GOP is just entitled to the majority of seats in MI, PA, AZ. I really would not be shocked if they end up pretty disappointed in the first two.

Also don't forget that a lot of the people involved in the commissions will not forget the post-election shenanigans Trump tried. If you think the audit in AZ is legit I would advise you to not bother responding.

Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2021, 04:14:58 PM »

With how well Biden did throughout NH, this would be very difficult to achieve, and neither would they need to either to win one of the seats; NH is far more Republican downballot than it was with Trump’s abysmal 2020 performance in the state.
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2021, 04:21:22 PM »

With how well Biden did throughout NH, this would be very difficult to achieve, and neither would they need to either to win one of the seats; NH is far more Republican downballot than it was with Trump’s abysmal 2020 performance in the state.

It's not that easy to draw a safe GOP district because the Dems have a big vote sink around Portsmouth surrounded by Republican towns. Hard to pack those Ds with Hanover, Manchester, Concord and be a contiguous district.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2021, 04:22:26 PM »

It's not that easy to draw a safe GOP district because the Dems have a big vote sink around Portsmouth surrounded by Republican towns. Hard to pack those Ds with Hanover, Manchester, Concord and be a contiguous district.

Agreed, but it’s still not too much hassle to draw a district in which the GOP would be favoured in 2022.
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2021, 04:27:52 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2021, 04:31:31 PM by Coastal Elitist »

Unless you think the court will egregiously split Pittsburgh you're going to end up with 9 Trump seats in PA based on a fair map. Also in MI a fair map has at least 7 Trump seats even if some are marginal. Minnesota is likely to be 4-4 to do 5-3 you'd have to gerrymander. With a fair commission, AZ should have 5 Trump seats as well since the abomination of AZ-1 likely gets changed.  Go and draw the maps that will be under a commission and you'll see what I mean.

Pittsburgh was already split in the 2018 remap and PA-17 is a solid swing district that probably remains similar in 2022. No, 9 Trump districts is not a fair map in a state Biden won, 9-8 Biden is the fairest and I think it's reasonable to expect something like this. Yes, the 9th Biden district might be PA-1 which obviously won't flip unless Fitzpatrick retires. A Dem gerrymander would be 12-5, 11-6...9-8 Biden that was 9-8 Trump 2016 is a fair map.

No MI map "has to have at least 7 Trump seats." Biden won the state by around 3%, a fair map is probably something like 5-5-3 with 7-6 Biden. I wouldn't expect the MI commission or PA courts to help the GOP out.

AZ fair map would be 5-4 Biden (albeit with a very very marginal 5th seat) considering he won the state. The current map is actually pretty fair even if it was unfair in 2012 and helped Dems.

MN, WI are really wildcards, you just don't know what the courts do or if Evers makes a deal in WI with the legislature. MN gerrymander would be 6-2 not 5-3.

My problem with you is that you seem to think the GOP is just entitled to the majority of seats in MI, PA, AZ. I really would not be shocked if they end up pretty disappointed in the first two.

Also don't forget that a lot of the people involved in the commissions will not forget the post-election shenanigans Trump tried. If you think the audit in AZ is legit I would advise you to not bother responding.

I don't think they're entitled and I don't think you know what fair means. Fair has nothing to do with partisanship it's about keeping COIs together. Here's what I drew for each of these states and you can't really dispute that these are fair. PA-17 already voted for Trump and it's going to have add more Trumpy areas to it. By a Trump seat I'm counting anything that voted for Trump by 1 vote. The current map keeps Pittsburgh whole I don't know what you're talking about. I've drawn maps of every state based on who's in charge I know what they look like.

PA: https://davesredistricting.org/join/4420d891-e8b0-4f67-afa8-4fba2e3f4389
MI: https://davesredistricting.org/join/6224c684-9016-40c3-9b4d-17d661e30d6a

In my PA map 6 and 8 probably flipped to Biden but 7 stayed with Trump to be the 9th district. MI-6 on my map likely flipped to Biden making Michigan 7-6 for Trump.
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2021, 05:27:31 PM »

I don't think they're entitled and I don't think you know what fair means. Fair has nothing to do with partisanship it's about keeping COIs together. Here's what I drew for each of these states and you can't really dispute that these are fair. PA-17 already voted for Trump and it's going to have add more Trumpy areas to it. By a Trump seat I'm counting anything that voted for Trump by 1 vote. The current map keeps Pittsburgh whole I don't know what you're talking about. I've drawn maps of every state based on who's in charge I know what they look like.

In my PA map 6 and 8 probably flipped to Biden but 7 stayed with Trump to be the 9th district. MI-6 on my map likely flipped to Biden making Michigan 7-6 for Trump.

Your PA map is still a GOP leaning court drawn type of map....I doubt they will split Chester County for PA-6 in order to make it redder. I do think commissions like MI will consider competitiveness as well.
The Undefeatable Debbie Stabenow
slightlyburnttoast
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -5.43

P P
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2021, 02:09:00 AM »
« Edited: June 20, 2021, 02:13:48 AM by The Undefeatable Debbie Stabenow »

Just because you drew one remotely plausible 7-6 R-D map doesn’t mean that every fair map is bound to have at least 7 Trump seats; there are plenty of plausible 6-7 R-D options, including options that have a more compact southern Macomb/Oakland district than yours, keep the city of Detroit intact, and/or keep Kalamazoo and Battle Creek (a very frequently cited COI) together.
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2021, 12:46:07 PM »

I would not be surprised if we get a Grand Rapids area seat that Biden won by single digits and makes Meijer need to think hard about switching parties.
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2021, 09:37:26 AM »

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1406980736629026818

This NH-1 would be a 50-49 Biden district but give Rs a good shot at capturing it. Of course Rockingham is one of the state's most Dem trending areas so who knows what it would look like in several years.
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2022, 10:30:45 PM »

Delusionally pessimistic!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies