If Trump had conceded, do Republicans win the Georgia runoffs?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:23:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  If Trump had conceded, do Republicans win the Georgia runoffs?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Split

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 77

Author Topic: If Trump had conceded, do Republicans win the Georgia runoffs?  (Read 1109 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2021, 09:25:41 AM »

Tbh, I fail to see how that would have changed Dem enthusiasm at all, which was the main factor in the elections turning out as they did. Nither do I see how a defeated GOP would have been more motivated to get out to the polls. Even if some delusional Trump hacks thought their orange buffoon would continue as prez through whatever maneuver, he would still have needed Perdue and Loeffler to win. So no, Warnock and Ossoff would have won regardless.

Perhaps Perdue and Loeffler would have won if Biden lost the election. 1992 and 2008 runoffs are hardly valid comparisons as the GA and its electorate of these years is vastly different from today.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2021, 09:33:04 AM »

Demographic change was the single biggest reason Dems won the GA runoffs, Trump conceding doesn't affect that.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2021, 06:31:06 AM »

Demographic change was the single biggest reason Dems won the GA runoffs, Trump conceding doesn't affect that.

Georgia didn't change that much between the November election that Perdue sort of won and the January election that he lost.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2021, 06:33:19 AM »

Georgia didn't change that much between the November election that Perdue sort of won and the January election that he lost.

Democratic organizing was clearly stronger in the second round than the first. The GOP had a incumbency advantage in the first round for one of the seats that Loeffler did not have because she was an appointee.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2021, 07:53:48 AM »

I don’t know the answer, but it seems like Republicans think so.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2021, 02:11:42 PM »

Raphael Warnock still wins, whereas David Perdue narrowly defeats Jon Ossoff. Raphael Warnock would still lose to Herschel Walker in 2022, while David Perdue would get curb-stomped by Lucy McBath in 2026 (Trump or DeSantis midterm).
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2021, 03:49:11 PM »

Remember Trump said nothing about sympathy for Covid victims, didn't Memorialize them, that's why he lost not just because he refused to concede
UncleSam

« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2021, 03:46:30 PM »

I think R turnout would’ve been higher, probably enough to save Perdue. Hard to say though, I don’t think Warnock was losing regardless of this.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2021, 03:50:47 PM »

I think R turnout would’ve been higher, probably enough to save Perdue. Hard to say though, I don’t think Warnock was losing regardless of this.

You know it was Xmas time and Trump made statements about 2K cheques but said nothing about condolences of Covid victims that's why bringing him back in 2024 won't work
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2021, 09:51:06 PM »

nope.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2021, 10:03:45 PM »

You know it was Xmas time and Trump made statements about 2K cheques but said nothing about condolences of Covid victims that's why bringing him back in 2024 won't work

Maybe there is a good point in here-since Covid deaths went from around 1 thousand daily to 3 thousand daily by the time of the runoffs.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies