Who will run for KY-SEN if Paul retires to run for governor?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:20:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Who will run for KY-SEN if Paul retires to run for governor?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who will run for KY-SEN if Paul retires to run for governor?  (Read 468 times)
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 20, 2021, 10:07:04 PM »

He has expressed support for term limits, so who will run if he doesn't run for reelection?
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2021, 11:02:24 PM »

Paul expresses support for a lot of things he turns out to be a total hypocrite on. I don’t expect this to be an exception.

But in any case, my money is on Savannah Maddox to be the GOP nominee for governor in 2023. She’s a state rep and Northern Kentucky Tea Party type in the same mold as Paul, Thomas Massie, and Matt Bevin, but young and female. Like Paul and Massie, she has a tendency to be a grandstanding contrarian pain in the ass who votes against and tries to derail every sensible piece of legislation or act of the Governor out of “principle.” She’s made a name for herself in the state by doing this and “triggering the libs.”

If Paul does end up running for Governor, which again I highly doubt, I could see her running for Senate instead.

Notice I didn’t mention Daniel Cameron; I am almost certain he’s holding out to be Mitch McConnell’s successor when he likely retires in 2024 (a role he’s been groomed for), and so won’t bother running for Governor (higher risk of losing) or, probably, Senate yet in the unlikely event it’s open next year.
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2021, 11:21:03 PM »

Sen. Paul has already told reporters in his state that he plans on running for re-election next year, and that he will not impose a term limit on himself. He says he wants to impose term limits on all members of Congress at the same time, but does not believe in limiting himself if a constitutional amendment is not adopted. https://www.wbko.com/2021/02/25/sen-rand-paul-discusses-upcoming-plans-for-re-election-2022/ The only Class 3 Senators who have not yet announced whether they are running for re-election next year are Chuck Grassley, Patrick Leahy, and Ron Johnson.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2021, 05:36:10 AM »

Paul expresses support for a lot of things he turns out to be a total hypocrite on. I don’t expect this to be an exception.

But in any case, my money is on Savannah Maddox to be the GOP nominee for governor in 2023. She’s a state rep and Northern Kentucky Tea Party type in the same mold as Paul, Thomas Massie, and Matt Bevin, but young and female. Like Paul and Massie, she has a tendency to be a grandstanding contrarian pain in the ass who votes against and tries to derail every sensible piece of legislation or act of the Governor out of “principle.” She’s made a name for herself in the state by doing this and “triggering the libs.”

If Paul does end up running for Governor, which again I highly doubt, I could see her running for Senate instead.

Notice I didn’t mention Daniel Cameron; I am almost certain he’s holding out to be Mitch McConnell’s successor when he likely retires in 2024 (a role he’s been groomed for), and so won’t bother running for Governor (higher risk of losing) or, probably, Senate yet in the unlikely event it’s open next year.

I feel a statewide official like Ball or Quarles is more likely to run. Maddox can very well be Massie’s successor, though.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies