January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:55:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 ... 145
Poll
Question: Will Trump be convicted in his DC January 6 case?
He will be convicted

He won't be convicted

He should be convicted

He should not be convicted

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 66

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread  (Read 132674 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1850 on: October 13, 2022, 09:04:00 PM »

“I hope he comes, I’m going to punch him out ... I’m going to punch him out, I’m going to go to jail, and I’m going to be happy.”--Queen Nancy.

LMAO.
That would have been great if captured on video. Pelosi very hard, slapping his orange face.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1851 on: October 13, 2022, 09:23:00 PM »

For anyone interested, here is a longer version of the video when VP Pence was discussing the OK to go back into both chambers, and the ability to reconvene in one hour.

The video is 2-1/2 minutes long.

https://us.cnn.com/videos/politics/2022/10/14/jan-6-pence-call-pelosi-exclusive-ac360-vpx.cnn
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1852 on: October 14, 2022, 03:11:51 AM »

Trump is not gonna testify that is a waste of time because Rs are favs to take the H not the Senate and ACB, Kavangh and Gorsuch and Alito and Thomas particularly Alito and Gorsuch we need Kruger and Child's to eliminate to reaffirm the Roberts vote like Ginsberg did are protecting Rs with their Gerrymandering

They should have asked for Pence which would have been volunteering not a supeona now if Ds kept the H after the midterms then they should supeona Trump
Yoda
United States

« Reply #1853 on: October 14, 2022, 05:04:36 AM »

This footage of Pelosi & Schumer in their secure locations is insane, holy sh*t

It certainly is. I've been watching coverage of the hearing for the better part of two hours now. Apparently, it was a documentarian - who I assume is a congressional staffer or aide - who recorded that footage on her phone. She certainly had considerable foresight in doing so, as it is historical footage that will be shown in documentaries and films in the years ahead. And it's very revealing how the congressional leaders had to take responsibility for getting law enforcement resources to the Capitol, while Trump sat on his laurels for hours and did nothing.

Did nothing to quell the violent sedition he initiated.

Given that we do not have the White House call logs, we do not know precisely what Mr. Trump did during that time. "Nothing" would be the least damaging action that does not contradict available evidence, but said evidence is hardly conclusive - it covers a range of possibilities, from "nothing" to "actively aided an attempt to overthrow the government of the United States".

I keep forgetting that the call logs have a 7 hour gap where they were likely using burner phones. That alone should be an absolutely enormous scandal all on its own.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1854 on: October 14, 2022, 09:21:19 AM »

https://cdn.nucleusfiles.com/27/27b7896f-01c5-4609-93c7-742e5cb22e96/830-am-final-january-6th-committee-letter14446.pdf

Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #1855 on: October 14, 2022, 09:23:19 AM »

THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION OF 2020 WAS RIGGED AND STOLEN!

What a strong opener!
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1856 on: October 14, 2022, 09:25:59 AM »
« Edited: October 14, 2022, 09:29:31 AM by brucejoel99 »

Ah, but you see, it's:

"PEACEFULLY AND PATRIOTICALLY"

So he checkmated us
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1857 on: October 14, 2022, 09:37:16 AM »

Trump is really losing it.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1858 on: October 14, 2022, 09:42:06 AM »

Did the part of "Antifa" in his statement, sound like something Fuzzy helped him to write?
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1859 on: October 14, 2022, 09:45:42 AM »

Did the part of "Antifa" in his statement, sound like something Fuzzy helped him to write?

Doubtful, because BLM would also have been mentioned.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1860 on: October 14, 2022, 10:03:59 AM »

This is true.
Smiley
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1861 on: October 14, 2022, 10:20:35 AM »

This is true.
Smiley

Also, Fuzzy writes better than that mess.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1862 on: October 14, 2022, 10:30:35 AM »

One wonders if Trump ran that deranged rant by his lawyers before sending it, and if he did, what they had to say about it.

Yes, this paranoid jeremiad does remind me of Humphrey Bogart rolling the marbles between his fingers while describing the ship wide conspiracy against him to cover up the strawberry heist in the The Caine Mutiny. Who ate the missing Trump ballots? Sane or insane!!??
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1863 on: October 14, 2022, 11:26:13 AM »

One wonders if Trump ran that deranged rant by his lawyers before sending it, and if he did, what they had to say about it.

I've seen enough: in a huge victory for the eventual prosecution, former Pres. Donald Trump (R) did not run this 14-page-long letter written single-spaced like a serial killer by a lawyer before submitting it to the Jan. 6th Committee.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1864 on: October 14, 2022, 11:57:35 AM »
« Edited: October 14, 2022, 01:50:53 PM by Torie »

I've seen enough: in a huge victory for the eventual prosecution, former Pres. Donald Trump (R) did not run this 14-page-long letter written single-spaced like a serial killer by a lawyer before submitting it to the Jan. 6th Committee.

The thing is, is that while the twitter squib says 14 pages, when reading it with its most infra dig gratuitous capitalizations of words as if that lends gravitas to the array of words he bellowed out, I counted only 3.5 pages, and then Trump's signature, and I do not recall any reference to attachments. I find the twitter world to be most irritating. There ought to be a law ... .
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1865 on: October 14, 2022, 12:50:02 PM »

brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1866 on: October 14, 2022, 07:50:23 PM »

Yoda
United States

« Reply #1867 on: October 15, 2022, 10:37:14 PM »

I'm sorry, what the hell did I just read?!? The SS was giving security updates to the Oathkeepers?!?!?
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #1868 on: October 15, 2022, 10:56:28 PM »

I'm sorry, what the hell did I just read?!? The SS was giving security updates to the Oathkeepers?!?!?

Well when you put it that way it sounds less surprising.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1869 on: October 15, 2022, 10:57:17 PM »

This is beyond f***** up and smells like a God damn coup in the making, chapter 3,974.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1870 on: October 16, 2022, 09:26:26 AM »

This is beyond f***** up and smells like a God damn coup in the making, chapter 3,974.

Makes you wonder if this (at least one of the reasons) is why the Secret Service suddenly started deleting information from phones. What other embarrassing evidence is there (would have been found) ?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1871 on: October 16, 2022, 10:44:30 AM »

Trumpsters might want to reconsider ganging up on the FBI after reading this:

Chilling Memo To FBI Official Warned Of Sympathy In Bureau For Jan. 6 Rioters
A "sizable percentage of the employee population felt sympathetic to the group that stormed the Capitol,” a person wrote in an email to Paul Abbate.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #1872 on: October 16, 2022, 05:50:12 PM »

Makes you wonder if this (at least one of the reasons) is why the Secret Service suddenly started deleting information from phones. What other embarrassing evidence is there (would have been found) ?

IMO any agents who deleted their text message from the 5th and 6th need to be fired at a minimum, if not prosecuted. From a national security perspective, you simply have to assume those agents are compromised. They simply cannot be allowed to be around POTUS or any other elected officials, cabinet secretaries, etc.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1873 on: October 16, 2022, 07:03:20 PM »

Trumpsters might want to reconsider ganging up on the FBI after reading this:

Chilling Memo To FBI Official Warned Of Sympathy In Bureau For Jan. 6 Rioters
A "sizable percentage of the employee population felt sympathetic to the group that stormed the Capitol,” a person wrote in an email to Paul Abbate.

Let's not forget that Trump supporters in the FBI may have had some influence on Comey reopening the email investigation. But I can't blame Trump supporters for turning on an institution or entity that they sued to have solidarity with, that's what Trump does all the time when someone's usefulness runs out for his interests. Monkey see; monkey do. They're only emulating their God-Emperor.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1874 on: October 17, 2022, 08:12:51 AM »

Prosecutors want Bannon to be sentenced to six months

Federal prosecutors want Steve Bannon, a former top adviser to former President Donald Trump, to be sentenced to six months in prison for contempt of Congress, according to a recommendation filed Monday.

In addition to serving time, the government is seeking $200,000 in fines.

“For his sustained, bad-faith contempt of Congress, the Defendant should be sentenced to six months’ imprisonment – the top end of the Sentencing Guidelines’ range – and fined $200,000 – based on his insistence on paying the maximum fine rather than cooperate with the Probation Office’s routine pre-sentencing financial investigation,” prosecutors wrote in their court filing on Monday.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/17/politics/steve-bannon-sentencing/index.html
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 ... 145  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies