January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread

<< < (324/722) > >>

emailking:
Trump lawyers in talks with Justice Department about January 6 criminal probe

Former President Donald Trump's legal team is in direct communication with Justice Department officials, the first sign of talks between the two sides as the criminal probe into January 6, 2021, accelerates, sources familiar with the matter tell CNN.

The talks revolve around whether Trump would be able to shield conversations he had while he was president from federal investigators

In recent weeks, investigators have moved aggressively into Trump's orbit, subpoenaing top former White House officials, focusing on efforts to overturn the 2020 election and executing searches of lawyers who sought to aid those efforts.

---

At this stage, the conversations are focused mostly on whether any communications that witnesses from the Trump West Wing had with the former president can be kept from a federal criminal grand jury under Trump's claims of executive privilege, the people said.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/04/politics/trump-justice-department-january-6-criminal-investigation/index.html

NewYorkExpress:
The January 6 Committee and Federal Investigators are going after Alex Jones next

The attorney representing two Sandy Hook parents in the Alex Jones defamation case said Thursday that numerous federal and state investigators, including the House panel investigating the January 6, 2021, insurrection, have asked him to hand over text records mistakenly sent to him by the right-wing conspiracy theorist's law firm.

"I am under request from various federal agencies and law enforcement to provide (the records)," Mark Bankston, the plaintiffs' attorney, told Judge Maya Guerra Gamble. "Absent a ruling from you saying you cannot do that ... I intend to do so immediately following this hearing."

"I believe that there is absolutely nothing, nothing, that Mr. Reynal has done to fulfill his obligations to protect his client and prevent me from doing that," he said, referring to Jones' attorney, Andino Reynal.

Sandy Hook family attorney exposes Alex Jones' dishonesty during brutal cross-examination
"I've been asked by the January 6 committee to turn the documents over," Bankston added later.

Bankston declined to specify to CNN which other investigators outside of the House committee expressed interest in obtaining Jones' text records.

Bankston revealed in court on Wednesday that Reynal's firm, in an apparent mishap, sent him two years of cell phone records that included every text message Jones had sent.

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers:
I am tired of Garland slowness Lake is going after Hobbs on Election fraud he needs to indict now, otherwise there is a possibility Lake can get elected, Trump says since DOJ isn't going after him, he has done nothing wrong, I am tired of Garland impatience, he has sat on this info since Jan 2021

Trump says since DoJ hasn't charged him he is going after CNN fir unfounded claims of Criminal charges and deformation and we already know Garland is a member of Federalist society that's why I don't watch hearings

The reason why Trump is an Election denier the RNC is paying his legal bills, but the insurrection isn't going after us, they are going after Biden, this is different than Kennedy and many of the assassinations there were mass murders thru the 1980s and of course 911 but this domestic terrorist attack is going after Biden, if Lake wins there won't be a certificate of Election fot Kelly in 22 or Sinema or Biden in 24

Also in the sixties when Russia was at Cold War we were under international terrorist as well as Nuke war threat , again this domestic terrorist isn't going after us it's against Voting Rights

HisGrace:
If olawakandi had been the prosecutor Trump would have been impeached.

GeorgiaModerate:

Approximately two years' worth of text messages sent and received by right-wing conspiracy theorist Alex Jones have been turned over to the House select committee investigating the January 6 insurrection, a person familiar with the matter told CNN on Monday.

The messages were handed over to the committee by Mark Bankston, the attorney who represented two Sandy Hook parents who successfully sued Jones in Texas and won nearly $50 million in a civil trial that concluded last week.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/08/politics/alex-jones-january-6/index.html

Some background for those not following the Jones defamation trial: in one of the all-time great legal blunders, his lawyer accidentally sent Bankston (the plaintiffs' lawyer) a digital copy of the entire contents of Jones's phone.  Bankston promptly notified the other lawyer of the accidental transmission, but Jones' lawyer failed to request its return or destruction within the time period legally mandated by Texas (where the trial took place), at which point Bankston was legally in possession of the information.  It was promptly subpoenaed by the J6 committee, and Bankston announced that he would cooperate with all such requests. 

Jones was involved in organizing the Jan. 6 rally that led to the march on the Capitol.  He was present on the Capitol grounds egging on the protestors, though he did not enter the building.  It's been reported that the information contained on the phone includes texts with key members of Trump's inner circle.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page