January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread

<< < (3/733) > >>

Torie:
"with Trump being held unaccounted"

He's missing? Did he flee to Moscow? /\

That video posted above (and thanks to the poster that put it up) that the NYT produced is at once riveting and terrifying. I want Trump to be behind bars one way or the other, really, really bad. He has no redeeming value. Calling posters here HP's is hyperbolic jive, calling him one is an understatement.

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers:
Clyburn said as a former Prez Trump doesn't have to testify, before the Commission even began, and the Senate, Klobuchar and Blunt already issued a joint report on the Insurrectionists

The insurrection was a big deal but it was against the rich Politicians not is, that's why the fencing is down, the Rs demanded it and in order for Pelosi to secure more funding for Cops she has to FOLD, PELOSI FOLDED ON THE FENCING NG NO DOUBT, SHE WANTED THE FENCING UP, SHE SAID MANY TIMES

THE COMMISSION TAKES AWAY FROM Covid 19 hearings, the FBI already said there isn't enough evidence to charge anyone with inciting a riot only the ones that actually went inside the Capital

China needs to pay us back for all the Covid deaths

GeorgiaModerate:
Quote from: Joe Republic on July 11, 2021, 03:17:41 PM

Things are going very well and sane and normal and HOW DARE YOU for this particular defendant:

Quote from: https://www.thedailybeast.com/pizzeria-owner-pauline-bauer-mounts-truly-bizarre-defense-for-jan-6-riots

A Pennsylvania woman who allegedly stormed the Capitol and told a police officer to “bring Nancy Pelosi out here now… we want to hang that f—king bitch” has filed court documents claiming to be a divinely empowered entity immune from laws.

Pauline Bauer, a Pennsylvania pizzeria owner, is accused of multiple counts of violent entry, disruptive conduct, and obstruction of Congress after she allegedly broke into the Capitol on Jan. 6. Prosecutors allege that Bauer tried organizing buses to transport people to D.C. for a rally that preceded the riot, and that while in the Capitol rotunda she told police that she wanted to kill House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

But in what experts describe as an inadvisable legal strategy, Bauer has demanded to represent herself in court, appeared to threaten a court clerk with prison time, and declared herself a “self-governed individual” with special legal privileges.

Bauer does not simply appear in court, she clarified during a June 11 proceeding via Zoom. “I am here by special divine appearance, a living soul,” she told a judge that day, while stating that she did not want an attorney.

“I do not stand under the law,” she said. “Under Genesis 1, God gave man dominion over the law.”

So she's going with an insanity defense?

Joe Republic:
Quote from: GeorgiaModerate on July 11, 2021, 03:40:54 PM

She remains an avid Trump supporter who can’t understand how or why any of this is happening.  At this point, "insanity" is in the eye of the beholder.

Badger:
Quote from: GeorgiaModerate on July 11, 2021, 03:40:54 PM

Quote from: Joe Republic on July 11, 2021, 03:17:41 PM

Things are going very well and sane and normal and HOW DARE YOU for this particular defendant:

Quote from: https://www.thedailybeast.com/pizzeria-owner-pauline-bauer-mounts-truly-bizarre-defense-for-jan-6-riots

A Pennsylvania woman who allegedly stormed the Capitol and told a police officer to “bring Nancy Pelosi out here now… we want to hang that f—king bitch” has filed court documents claiming to be a divinely empowered entity immune from laws.

Pauline Bauer, a Pennsylvania pizzeria owner, is accused of multiple counts of violent entry, disruptive conduct, and obstruction of Congress after she allegedly broke into the Capitol on Jan. 6. Prosecutors allege that Bauer tried organizing buses to transport people to D.C. for a rally that preceded the riot, and that while in the Capitol rotunda she told police that she wanted to kill House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

But in what experts describe as an inadvisable legal strategy, Bauer has demanded to represent herself in court, appeared to threaten a court clerk with prison time, and declared herself a “self-governed individual” with special legal privileges.

Bauer does not simply appear in court, she clarified during a June 11 proceeding via Zoom. “I am here by special divine appearance, a living soul,” she told a judge that day, while stating that she did not want an attorney.

“I do not stand under the law,” she said. “Under Genesis 1, God gave man dominion over the law.”

She's a sovereign citizen. I can tell from the language.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page