Is Joe Biden an Awful Father?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:19:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Is Joe Biden an Awful Father?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Bad dad or no?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: Is Joe Biden an Awful Father?  (Read 361 times)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 15, 2021, 01:58:38 PM »

With Hunter Biden being constantly in the news for his f•••ups and his job offers brought to him on a golden spoon, we might as well ask the question these stories have been softly implicating for a while. Is Joe Biden a “bad father”? Did he fail his son and/or his other children? Or from outside factors the reason Hunter is the way he is?

Personally, no dirt has arisen to implicate Joe Biden of physical or emotional abuse of any kind. However, implicitly, context could bring relevant information. Joe Biden was raised in a working class white family, where fathers are not supposed to have emotional moments with their sons and are raised to be “manly” and not show emotions. Joe was a politician at the time in the 1970s, meaning not only was his workload high, but he had points of absence in being a true “family man” or “man of the family” for a reasonable amount of time.

However, what is possibly implicit is not solid, and given the way American worklife removes relatives from being primary socializers for young people and transfers that responsibility to teachers and peers at school, more of this story disassociates itself from Joe Biden in Hunter’s life. His peers and surrounding community, as a wealthy son of a senator, often leads to screwups due to lack of being grounded in reality where cash can’t cover for you.

An interesting preponderance of the world around both father and son. I can’t decide on the poll so if anyone has anything, please feel free to share.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2021, 03:13:49 PM »

What a disgusting question.

Biden was willing to resign from the Senate to take care of his children after their mother and sister died, and they were hospitalized.

Biden took the Amtrak from DC to Delaware so he was able to tuck his boys in for bed.

When his son was in rehab, he texted him “Good morning my beautiful son. I miss you and love you. Dad.”

What an awful, ugly question to ask. What exactly are you hoping to accomplish?
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2021, 04:02:39 PM »

Absolutely not.

He greatly took care of his sons after a family tragedy and is one of the most honorable human beings in politics these days. Just because Hunter has some issues doesn't say anything about Joe Biden's qualities as father.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2021, 04:05:57 PM »

To get to the root of the implications of Republican figureheads continuing to boost Hunter Biden’s life in the spotlight.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2021, 04:46:06 PM »

To get to the root of the implications of Republican figureheads continuing to boost Hunter Biden’s life in the spotlight.

The root is that Republicans are awful people with no shame.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2021, 04:51:53 PM »

Beau seemed to have turned out great, Ashley seems fine too. And you can’t blame Joe for Hunter’s problems. “The sins of the father are not the sins of the son” and vice versa. I mean the man went out of his way to spend time with his surviving children after a terrible tragedy, clearly he did far more than most politicians. Hunter having problems with addiction and such does not necessarily reflect on Joe by any means. You can be the best dad in the world and it won’t always stop things like that.
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2021, 04:57:36 PM »

This is the same Joe Biden who was prepared to resign from the Senate before he even served to care for Beau and Hunter.
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2021, 05:17:44 PM »

He might have been a bit too nepotistic
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2021, 05:46:39 PM »

Sometimes the greatest parents end up producing sh**thead children, so I don’t really think we can say so based on Hunter Biden, his other children seemed to have been well functioning enough, and let be honest here Hunter Biden lost his mother in car accident he was in as small child, you could easily imagine that it that which made him turn out as he have done.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2021, 06:06:47 PM »

i would rather we not go there. politics has gotten personal enough the last 30 years or so
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2021, 07:45:50 PM »

Beau seemed to have turned out great, Ashley seems fine too. And you can’t blame Joe for Hunter’s problems. “The sins of the father are not the sins of the son” and vice versa. I mean the man went out of his way to spend time with his surviving children after a terrible tragedy, clearly he did far more than most politicians. Hunter having problems with addiction and such does not necessarily reflect on Joe by any means. You can be the best dad in the world and it won’t always stop things like that.

I'd also add that suffering from addiction is not a moral failing on Hunter's part.
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2021, 09:52:55 PM »
« Edited: June 22, 2021, 10:12:25 PM by Antarctic-Statism »

I don't see how this is relevant to politics. He's done awful things as an American politician, but to attack his personal life is bad faith politicking- especially for someone whose personal life is full of terrible tragedies. As for why Republican figureheads are attacking his personal life, I think you know the answer to that- American politics are a mudslinging sideshow. Smear campaigns are the law of the land. The more they can get us to focus on larger-than-life personalities (and less on boring old policy issues), the better.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2021, 10:58:15 PM »
« Edited: June 22, 2021, 11:03:56 PM by CentristRepublican »

No. Hunter Biden is a separate issue - don't blame his father for hiss issues; his other two children turned out to be great people. Look at Beau Biden, who died while serving his country's military, and look at the fact that Biden nearly resigned from the Senate in 1973 to care for his sons after his wife and daughter died. Read Promises to Keep if you don't believe me (it may be a bit 'biased' to Biden given that he wrote it but the essence is still the same). He allowed his sons to visit his Senate office and spent time with them. He took long commute to say good night to his sons every night. Yes, there was a lot of work (he was a US Senator!), but that didn't make him love his sons any less. That's like saying that every time there's a failiure in the world, it's his parents' fault. And Hunter isn't necessarily a 'failiure' - yes, he is shady, but a lot of that is just right-wing mudslinging and exaggeration to fluster Biden (which always works). If you think Biden is a terrible father, consider this - he was so shaken by his son's death that he refused to run for president in 2016, even though he could have easily won, and consider all of the above facts. He may have his quirks, even as a father, but he's not a terrible dad. If you want an example of that, look at Biden's predecessor as president.

I agree with these:
Absolutely not.

He greatly took care of his sons after a family tragedy and is one of the most honorable human beings in politics these days. Just because Hunter has some issues doesn't say anything about Joe Biden's qualities as father.
What a disgusting question.

Biden was willing to resign from the Senate to take care of his children after their mother and sister died, and they were hospitalized.

Biden took the Amtrak from DC to Delaware so he was able to tuck his boys in for bed.

When his son was in rehab, he texted him “Good morning my beautiful son. I miss you and love you. Dad.”

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies