FT 20.03 Denver Mayoral NPC Elections Resolution (Voting) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:11:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  FT 20.03 Denver Mayoral NPC Elections Resolution (Voting) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FT 20.03 Denver Mayoral NPC Elections Resolution (Voting)  (Read 519 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« on: June 12, 2021, 10:43:31 PM »

So, currently we have two mayoral elections, as does Lincoln and the South. But both our cities are in the same state. Simply put, one state should not have three campaigns in one cycle.

I am proposing Denver, right here in our Commonwealth's capital, as an alternative city to San Francisco. GM Peanut has said that he will honor the wishes of the region.

I understand there has been disagreement over which new city should be used. Phoenix has been proposed as an alternative, as has Minneapolis. But replacing San Francisco with a smaller city will make the game more interesting for the parties to tailor their campaigns.

I hope that, even if Denver is not the preferred city of this body, we can all agree that no state should have two NPC mayoral campaigns.

Thank you.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2021, 11:56:27 PM »

Chiming in here to suggest something. Perhaps we could hold a two question referendum on first, whether San Francisco should be replaced and second on what city to replace it with. I think similar to the flag referendum, this could be a fun low stakes way for people to engage with the game while also guaranteeing the choice of city is the choice of a majority of Frèmonters.

I'm definitely open to this. But if that's the direction we're going, this has to be passed ASAP so that Truman can add this to the ballot next weekend.

Input from MPs would be highly appreciated.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2021, 05:50:05 PM »

FWIW: Here are the results of my FT city survey. If the election weren't next week, I'd even say let the people nominate any city they want, but we don't have time for that.

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2021, 09:44:45 PM »
« Edited: June 14, 2021, 10:04:20 PM by Scott🦋 »

So given's Truman's opposition to referendums, how about we re-compromise and just have Parliament select the city via IRV?

EDIT: And since Truman doesn't care much either way and presumably wants this off his table ASAP, I'll even tally the results. Tongue
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2021, 05:25:18 PM »

Are we still considering this? I don't follow NPC elections much, so I am not sure when San Francisco or its replacement would vote next.

Not for the next several months, because San Francisco's last election was last month.

Still, at this point I would urge Parliament to either pass the resolution as-is or select a city via IRV, since a referendum is out of the question.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2021, 12:55:07 PM »

Bump.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2021, 10:42:29 PM »

We're at a tie and this needs action. This is probably a lost cause though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies