SB 30-15: Comptroller Reform Act (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 06:52:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 30-15: Comptroller Reform Act (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SB 30-15: Comptroller Reform Act  (Read 3004 times)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« on: June 14, 2021, 12:35:21 PM »

I am busy for the next week but I will be free after and start to work on a serious proposal if this has a yes vote.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2021, 07:38:30 PM »
« Edited: July 22, 2021, 08:08:56 PM by lfromnj »

Anyway I more wanted this as a preliminary resolution to start work but it seems enough people are vaguely interested that I can try to throw out a more fleshed out proposal over this weekend.  Basically my goal was to avoid doing any work for an idea which people aren't interested in at all.

Here is an improved version of my previous income tax proposal. The only numbers required to plug in are the percentage of the bracket and what would the amount of money that is collected be under our current system. These are the red rows in my sheet.The excel sheet automatically applies a penalty with a Laffer Curve that maximizes revenue out around 75% using a basic formula I used. This can be adjusted to be lower or higher.

*The Laffer curve is mostly a myth in that Reagan's claim of 28% raising revenue would be false but in general it is a correct economic concept although the exact point can be debated.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2021, 09:59:06 AM »

Again the laffer curve has been assumed to exist by any economist. Its not really a "right wing" myth. Anyhow the formula can easily be changed by congress to  accommodate for a higher point on the Laffer curve being the maximum rate.

I plan to include other changes such as spending multipliers.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2021, 03:18:10 PM »
« Edited: July 23, 2021, 03:27:41 PM by lfromnj »

A promising idea, but in a hypothetical scenario where the CG, probably the only person in the country with a working knowledge of how the system works, were to suddenly go on hiatus, deregister from Atlasia, or otherwise disappear from the forum, how do we conduct a steady transfer of power?

Thats the thing though, I plan to make the model as simple as possible for any CG. It only requires input of what was already calculated.  I think I will shoot for 4 to 6 categories as a draft. My goal is also to try to keep the format relatively unideological such that congress can change any of the numbers in the end.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2021, 07:47:17 PM »

It's hard to get people to do this job as is, I don't think requiring them to use formulas is going to raise the amount of people interested in it.

My goal is such that inputting it can all be done within 10-15 minutes. It actually gives feedback to the comptroller work and makes budget/economic balancing more legitimate but also structured.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2021, 12:06:36 PM »
« Edited: July 24, 2021, 07:38:00 PM by lfromnj »

Chiming in here, there is an obvious problem. No one wants to be responsible for this. I think we need to alleviate the burden. Differences vs IRL need to be made easily accessible.

I don't think anyone is expecting anything that close to IRL. The goal is just for an economy with more tradeoffs.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2021, 10:50:11 AM »

Yeah should have posted it but just drop it. Going into college with a part time internship and other stuff makes this too much for me.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies