SR 105-08: ROCROCROC Resolution (Adopted)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:29:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SR 105-08: ROCROCROC Resolution (Adopted)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: SR 105-08: ROCROCROC Resolution (Adopted)  (Read 740 times)
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2021, 09:38:06 AM »

Aye
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2021, 11:03:51 AM »

AYE
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2021, 10:00:34 PM »

I'd prefer we use diplomatic routes to try to resolve this, a war with China is really not in our interest, and despite being one of the most neo-con people in this game, I warned against it from the start. Not objecting, but I don't just think demanding that China do X is really a smart approach, honestly, at this point, the only way this can probably be averted would be to withdraw Taiwan recognition and return to the One China Policy which mostly kept peace in East Asia. China was never going to tolerate a Taiwan recognition, and this should've been noted at the time.

“Swift prioritization of diplomatic measures” is right there in the bill.

It wasn’t a brightly flashing neon-colored sign mounted on the Empire State Building, though, so should I change that?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2021, 10:02:53 PM »

I'd prefer we use diplomatic routes to try to resolve this, a war with China is really not in our interest, and despite being one of the most neo-con people in this game, I warned against it from the start. Not objecting, but I don't just think demanding that China do X is really a smart approach, honestly, at this point, the only way this can probably be averted would be to withdraw Taiwan recognition and return to the One China Policy which mostly kept peace in East Asia. China was never going to tolerate a Taiwan recognition, and this should've been noted at the time.

It wasn’t a brightly flashing neon-colored sign mounted on the Empire State Building, though, so should I change that?

We're already voting on the resolution. If you want me to suspend the rules for new amendments, I will do so, but we really need to pass something quick.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2021, 10:04:26 PM »

We're already voting on the resolution. If you want me to suspend the rules for new amendments, I will do so, but we really need to pass something quick.

That was tongue-in-cheek, just to be clear. Tongue

Also, AYE!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2021, 10:38:54 PM »

Aye
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2021, 11:46:56 PM »

Vote on Final Senate Passage of the ROCROCROC Resolution:

Aye (15): S019, Scott, Western Democrat, OBD, Kuumo, Pericles, AGA, KoopaDaQuick, Spark, Old School Republican, S019, FalterinArc, Weatherboy, Joseph Cao, North Carolina Yankee
Nay (1): DeadPrez,
Abstain (1): discovolante

Didn't Vote (1): tack50

The resolution is adopted.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2021, 11:47:53 PM »

A RESOLUTION

To reaffirm Taiwan's security and give China the what-for

Be it resolved by the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia assembled,

SECTION I.

1. This resolution may be referred to as the Reaffirmation Of Commitments and Response Objecting to China's Recent Oppugnant Conduct (ROCROCROC) Resolution.

SECTION II.

Whereas, the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia finds the following:

1. that the People's Republic of China (or "China") has long exhibited antagonism toward the Republic of China (or "Taiwan");

2. that China has recently escalated this aggressive behavior with the clear aim of intimidating Taiwan and its inhabitants;

3. that China's recent aggression has taken the form of military exercises addressed toward Taiwan, repeated cyberattacks on its major cities, naval blockades, and verbal declarations of further military intent, among others;

4. that Taiwan and its people are seriously endangered due to the escalation of military threats by the Chinese government, and that China's actions continue to destabilize the region as a result;

SECTION III.

Therefore, be it resolved:

1. that the Republic of Atlasia:
   a. Continues to work against all attempts to subvert democratic values and self-determination,
   b. Reaffirms its full commitment to ensuring the safety and security of the people of Taiwan,
   c. Formally condemns China's actions as detailed in Section II,
   d. Recommends that China cease its belligerence toward Taiwan immediately, and
   e. Stresses its commitment to peace first and foremost and its current readiness to employ diplomatic channels toward a resolution of this conflict;

2. that the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia recommends swift prioritization of diplomatic measures toward this goal by the President, the Secretary of State, and the National Security Council.

Passed 15-1-1-1 in the Atlasian Senate assembled,

Scott, President pro tempore
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies