“Anti-Trump” Republicans only: Does it upset you that… (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:17:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  “Anti-Trump” Republicans only: Does it upset you that… (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: “Anti-Trump” Republicans only: Does it upset you that…  (Read 996 times)
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: August 30, 2021, 07:10:01 PM »
« edited: August 30, 2021, 07:15:25 PM by GeneralMacArthur »

This is a pretty pathetic deflection.  It's literally the dictionary definition of whataboutism.

However, it's not even good for what it is.  You're trying to say that Democrats bear responsibility for riots that they roundly condemned.  And your evidence is:

1) Kamala Harris posting a link to a freedom fund that was for protesters, not for rioters.  Conservatives kept lying about this over and over and over again, including plenty of blue avatars on this very forum, and it's really the lie that never goes away.  I wouldn't be surprised if you yourself have already had a half-dozen different people send you the fact check on this, which you've brushed away because you really want it to be true that Kamala Harris bailed out the Wendy's arsonist.

2) Anarchists didn't "overrun a major city" they occupied one block of Seattle and about half of Cal Anderson Park.  Trust me, I literally live about four blocks away from where CHAZ was and could hear the live music from my house.  So Inslee is correct in your video.

I want to go a little deeper here, though, because another talking point conservatives love to bring up is that Dem politicians were cool with CHAZ.  And that was true, for the first 72 hours or so.  When CHAZ started, most of us were of the mindset that it was just going to be a couple days of live music, speeches and public art.  Which is what it was.  The popular joke around here was that it was replacing Capitol Hill Block Party, which is a music festival that usually takes place in the same location around the same time but was cancelled for COVID.  That was when you got Jenny Durkan's "maybe we'll have a summer of love" comment.

Eventually it became a horrendous mess because of the same local Seattle city politicians I s--t on all day long in the Washington politics thread -- not any serious member of the Democratic Party.  Lorena Gonzalez led the city council in pushing back against Jenny Durkan's attempts to reinstate SPD, sweep the park and arrest the protesters.  Lorena Gonzalez is technically a Democrat, but I would put her in the Tlaib/Omar box of "truly loathsome people I wish I didn't have to share a party with", as I'm sure you would with MTG, Gaetz and their ilk.  Anyway Durkan was also a Democrat and much higher-profile than Gonzalez, and Durkan was very aggressively pro-SPD and anti-CHAZ, so much so that the anarchists started calling her "gas mask Jenny" and there are still nasty cartoons of her littered all over our streetposts.

3) Pelosi's full answer was a minute and a half long and quite good.  She says she disagrees with the mob tearing down the statue.  The Blaze cropped the quote in their tweet to make it sound like she agreed with them.  So you just got fooled.  I would say it's because you were too lazy to spend 90 seconds watching a clip, but I think the truth is that you're so hungry for reasons to be angry at Democrats (since it validates your continued identification as a Republican, which must get harder every day as your party is now the party of anti-vaxxers who shove horse worm goo up their butts) that you saw the obviously partial quote and just decided to believe it even though deep down you knew it was probably nonsense.

So in total, you've got a fake story, a Dem saying something correct, and a phony out-of-context quote.  And that's your entire evidence for your "Dems supported the rioters" talking point.  Which is your whataboutism that gives you an excuse to not condemn your own party for supporting a vicious mob attacking the capitol to try and overturn a democratic election.  Seems pretty pathetic when you lay it all out like that, doesn't it?

...doesn't it?
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2021, 11:54:06 PM »

General MacArthur is a deeply partisan hack who time and time shows he doesn’t care one bit about facts but is just a total shill for his team .

I on the other hand supported the impeachment of Trump for January 6th , so he absolutely has no moral high ground to lecture me on this at all . He is mainly interested in gaslighting half the nation by lying and saying we supported the riots which is absolutely false in every single way . He is someone who unironically compared another poster to the tailban as well so yah he’s not a good person

If you think my comparison of BG-NY to the Taliban was unironic then your irony compass is irreparably broken, just like your party's moral compass.

Also I'll note that you didn't respond to anything in my post debunking your entire response to the topic of this thread.  That doesn't surprise me one bit.  Just stooping to personal insults when you can't actually engage in conversation.

I could list you dozens, if not hundreds, of cases of elected Republican officials condoning or supporting 1/6.  But I'm not going to waste my time, because you don't care.  You know that what you're saying is a lie.  But you say it anyway because you have to.  The alternative is admitting that your entire party is a rancid stinking husk.  What's one little lie to yourself, if it saves you from having to reckon with that enormous, horrible reality?  No evidence or fact is going to convince you, because your belief isn't based on reality.  It's based on a judgment call that you'd rather keep telling yourself lie after lie, day after day, year after year, than face up to the actuality of the party around which you've built your identity.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2021, 11:07:05 AM »

General MacArthur is a deeply partisan hack who time and time shows he doesn’t care one bit about facts but is just a total shill for his team .

His 3 points debunking your Tweets were correct though.

You're wasting your time, he's not going to reply again.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies