“Anti-Trump” Republicans only: Does it upset you that… (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:28:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  “Anti-Trump” Republicans only: Does it upset you that… (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: “Anti-Trump” Republicans only: Does it upset you that…  (Read 955 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« on: June 11, 2021, 11:50:40 AM »
« edited: June 11, 2021, 11:53:53 AM by Old School Republican »

Does it bother democrats that many democratic governors did nothing while massive riots happened over the summer and their were no consequences for the Democratic Party for that .

January 6th yes was worse than the riots which is why the January 6th rioters are facing more prison time and they should but the GOP as a whole was less complicit in that then the democrats were in what happened over the summer . Trump was complicit which is why he should have been impeached for it but Cuomo , Waltz and others should have been impeached for what happened over the summer as well.

To answer your question yes it bothers me that the gop will face no consequences for not impeaching Trump but the reason for that is because of how godawful your party has been and I’m not interested in voting for a party as godawful as the modern Democratic Party at all .

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2021, 12:07:33 PM »

Does it bother democrats that many democratic governors did nothing while massive riots happened over the summer and their were no consequences for the Democratic Party for that .

January 6th yes was worse than the riots which is why the January 6th rioters are facing more prison time and they should but the GOP as a whole was less complicit in that then the democrats were in what happened over the summer . Trump was complicit which is why he should have been impeached for it but Cuomo , Waltz and others should have been impeached for what happened over the summer .

I dunno why the riots always get linked to Dems. Our party is just very bad at responding to these attacks (bad messaging). The riots were caused by a group of agitators who wanted to fill their sad lives with using a legitimate protest against police brutality for their own purposes, that hurt the overall cause for more justice. All major politicians of the Democratic Party have condemned the results over and over again, especially Biden who was as the our nominee the de facto head of the party. Harris, Sanders and congressional leaders Schumer & Pelosi did the same.

Majority of GOP officials, meanwhile, just gave a lukewarm condemnation of 1/6 in its immediate aftermath, before embracing their orange buffoon again. So I'm very sorry, that's not remotely comparable.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2021, 02:52:37 PM »

Do red avatars feel insecure about their moral standing? What would be the point of this thread if not to shore it up in one's own eyes?
This is a deflection

The Republicans would face consequences for Jan 6th if the Democrats didn't go far left on social issues,  and were actually sincere about rebuilding our institutions.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2021, 09:06:26 PM »

General MacArthur is a deeply partisan hack who time and time shows he doesn’t care one bit about facts but is just a total shill for his team .

I on the other hand supported the impeachment of Trump for January 6th , so he absolutely has no moral high ground to lecture me on this at all . He is mainly interested in gaslighting half the nation by lying and saying we supported the riots which is absolutely false in every single way . He is someone who unironically compared another poster to the tailban as well so yah he’s not a good person
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2021, 11:24:05 PM »

Your party is going to get away with causing 1/6 without experiencing any consequences whatsoever?

I would if they did, but I think their may be some type of consequence for them in the midterms. Democrats should use January 6 everywhere to remind the voters that the party that ended the Civil War is now the party that supports insurrection. It should have some type of impact. I do find it outrageous that they just try to brush of January 6 and still insist the election was stolen. They should most certainly face consequences, and big ones.
Which post WW2 republicans would you vote for with hindsight? For me the list is Nixon, Ford, Trump. Could consider Eisenhower.

For me the last Republican I would consider supporting is Gerald Ford and maybe George H.W. Bush or Bob Dole. Before that I would back Nixon and Eisenhower.

You wouldn’t back the GOP in 1984?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies