Rate CO-07 for 2022
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:13:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Rate CO-07 for 2022
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ...
Safe D

Likely D

Lean D

Tossup

Lean R

Likely R

Safe R

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 57

Author Topic: Rate CO-07 for 2022  (Read 906 times)
coloradocowboi
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2021, 05:44:32 PM »

Are there any good candidates like state senators or reps in the area?

Mike Coffman could run here for the Republicans, and he'd easily be their strongest recruit, and probably the only person who could make the seat anywhere near competitive in 2022. The other significant possibility is Kevin Priola.

For the Democrats, there's a much deeper current bench. I think the strongest candidates would be Rachel Zenzinger, Naquetta Ricks, Brianna Titone, Lindsey Daughtery, and Mike Weissman. I also wouldn't be shocked if Andrew Romanoff attempted to run here as well.

Not a single one of these people live in the district lol except maybe Titone, but the incumbent congressman who has won in a swing district before does. Perlmutter is likely to run here, especially once the commission has finessed it to his liking.

One reason I rated this district Safe D even though it isn’t on paper is because the Repub bench here is v weak. They are gonna nominate some clown like Tim Neville and lose badly. It’s just what they do.

Even if they nominated someone competent, it’s not a good seat for them. DougCo is moving left fast and Jeffco is largely gone.

Feel like Van Winkle could be a more palatable (but still insane) candidate, maybe even by virtue of not being Neville. He's term-limited and there is some movement to draft him[/i] even if he's drumming it up himself.

I think it's rly presumptuous to assume that Tim Neville is that unpopular with GOP primary voters. He would wreck van Winkle and pi** away the seat. I don't think either would beat Perlmutter tho anyway.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies