Is DeSantis a stronger candidate then Trump was in 16 or 20 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:15:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is DeSantis a stronger candidate then Trump was in 16 or 20 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is DeSantis a stronger candidate then Trump was in 16 or 20  (Read 2496 times)
Biden his time
Abdullah
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« on: June 11, 2021, 07:20:00 AM »
« edited: June 11, 2021, 07:34:38 AM by UNBEATABLE TITAN WAYNE MESSAM »

Yes, most certainly much stronger IMO. He is generally more likable than Trump. He can turn out the rurals but he knows how to behave in front of the mainstream media, and he's signed on to a few bipartisan bills and done a few of those meetings to get a moderate image.

You go outside of your hyperpaetisan circle and you find that most Floridians, even Democrats, don't think he's that bad, and seeing the COVID numbers and the economic performance, even I can't help but agree on some level.

The other difference though is that Biden 2024 is also likelier to be stronger than Biden 2020 or Clinton 2016 due to a healthier economy, also being more likable, and incumbency, so DeSantis being stronger doesn't mean he's gonna necessarily win (in fact I think he's likely to lose).
Biden his time
Abdullah
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2021, 08:26:26 AM »

Yes, most certainly much stronger IMO. He is generally more likable than Trump. He can turn out the rurals but he knows how to behave in front of the mainstream media, and he's signed on to a few bipartisan bills and done a few of those meetings to get a moderate image.

You go outside of your hyperpaetisan circle and you find that most Floridians, even Democrats, don't think he's that bad, and seeing the COVID numbers and the economic performance, even I can't help but agree on some level.

The other difference though is that Biden 2024 is also likelier to be stronger than Biden 2020 or Clinton 2016 due to a healthier economy, also being more likable, and incumbency, so DeSantis being stronger doesn't mean he's gonna necessarily win (in fact I think he's likely to lose).

So maybe he could be closer to Mitt Romney 2012. A respectable statesman who comes off as giving something to everyone who runs a well-oiled campaign but ultimately loses by a small but convincing amount (Kerry also comes to mind).

Maybe we'll even come full circle!

In 2028, Alex Jones is president and OSR has a signature with "DeSantis/Haley 2024" and "If only we'd elected them".  Angry  Angry  Angry
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies