Is DeSantis a stronger candidate then Trump was in 16 or 20 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:14:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is DeSantis a stronger candidate then Trump was in 16 or 20 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is DeSantis a stronger candidate then Trump was in 16 or 20  (Read 2503 times)
MargieCat
United States

« on: June 11, 2021, 02:59:36 AM »

I don't know why people assume he'd magically carry the blue wall states of Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania meanwhile resurrecting the old Romney sun belt coalition.

Truth is, he might end up doing neither.

He is less likable than Trump and wouldn't hit the rural numbers. I also don't think he'd improve in the suburbs because his attitude is similar to Trump's. Suburbanites that were disgusted by Trump's behavior aren't going to love DeSantis.
MargieCat
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2021, 12:32:17 AM »

I’d say so as he’d probably able to have Trump’s appeal in the Midwest plus have the appeal of  downballot republicans in the sunbelt meaning I think he definitely wins

I don't get why you would think the generic Governor of Florida would have any appeal in the Midwest. Trump was the crazy billionaire businessman who would be politically incorrect and run the country like his successful businesses (at least that is the story MAGA crowd bought). Desantis is just another boring Republican from the south.   
Those are my thoughts.

Other than the already red midwestern states like Ohio, Iowa, Indiana, etc, I don't know why people assume he'd win in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennyslvania.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies