Is DeSantis a stronger candidate then Trump was in 16 or 20 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:16:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is DeSantis a stronger candidate then Trump was in 16 or 20 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is DeSantis a stronger candidate then Trump was in 16 or 20  (Read 2526 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« on: June 11, 2021, 07:34:17 AM »

I'm not sure why people think the same college+ whites in the suburbs who were turned off by Trump wouldn't be completely turned off by DeSantis as well?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2021, 07:55:00 AM »

I'm not sure why people think the same college+ whites in the suburbs who were turned off by Trump wouldn't be completely turned off by DeSantis as well?

Because DeSantis is smarter, saner and has a much cleaner personal life?

How many people did Trump actually turn off that way?

Exactly. DeSantis is toxic to the suburbs/college+ whites in the same way Trump was - how they act. DeSantis is a buffoon, and also just a jerk. Trump's messy personal life was just one more thing on top of everything else, but it wasn't really the catalyst for why he was so toxic in the suburbs and to college+ whites.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2021, 11:25:34 AM »

Exactly. DeSantis is toxic to the suburbs/college+ whites in the same way Trump was - how they act. DeSantis is a buffoon, and also just a jerk. Trump's messy personal life was just one more thing on top of everything else, but it wasn't really the catalyst for why he was so toxic in the suburbs and to college+ whites.

He's a jerk because he called out the media for a blatant character assassination attempt?

Frankly, I believe the media are the most destructive force in our country today. Anyone who stands up to them gets points from me.

DeSantis is literally a 'own the libs' meme come to life. He doesn't do anything to better the lives of his constituents, it's all culture war stuff and him being a smart alec to reporters, the media, Democrats, his opposition, etc.

He doesn't even try and be diplomatic or fair.

His last major events were dealing with Critical Race Theory and Transgender athletes. Pretty clear he's being purposeful on what he's choosing to focus on - and none of it is tangibly important to people's actual lives. Just more Fox News fodder.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2021, 03:08:04 PM »

He's a jerk because he called out the media for a blatant character assassination attempt?

Frankly, I believe the media are the most destructive force in our country today. Anyone who stands up to them gets points from me.

DeSantis is literally a 'own the libs' meme come to life. He doesn't do anything to better the lives of his constituents, it's all culture war stuff and him being a smart alec to reporters, the media, Democrats, his opposition, etc.

He doesn't even try and be diplomatic or fair.

His last major events were dealing with Critical Race Theory and Transgender athletes. Pretty clear he's being purposeful on what he's choosing to focus on - and none of it is tangibly important to people's actual lives. Just more Fox News fodder.

In addition to my previous question, I would also like to see your justification for the above bolded statement as well.

Has he ever done anything that is bipartisan? Has ever tried to work with the Democrats in Florida? I literally just pointed out that the last two bills he signed were essentially just Fox News culture war BS.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies