Is this map even possible in 2024?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 03:33:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is this map even possible in 2024?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: I fully understand it is not likely or probable, but is it insane to concede that, while Virginia and Colorado continue to swing firmly Democratic, the 224 Republican nominee is able to do well enough in the suburbs to flip Georgia, Nebraska, NE-02, and t
Yes, it is possible in 2024, but don't hold your breath.

No, It is NOT possible in 2024

Only if the nominee is...________________ [FILL IN BLANK]

It is 2004 all over again, Virginia, New Mexico, and Colorado would flip before Oregon.

New Mexico will flip before Oregon

Minnesota will flip before any of the "tilt blue" states in this map

New Mexico will flip before any of the "tilt blue" states in this map

Colorado will flip before any of the "tilt blue" states in this map

Virginia will flip before any of the "tilt blue" states in this map

In your dreams; there is a better chance of Dem'24 flipping WV than this insanity

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 29

Author Topic: Is this map even possible in 2024?  (Read 1269 times)
Would vote for Hillary Clinton over Joe Biden.
UnvaccinatedNcircumcised
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 26, 2021, 12:02:19 AM »
« edited: May 26, 2021, 12:10:38 AM by Changed Out of Respect »

I would LOVE for someone to show me the [img/].png hyperlink format to post a direct picture of 270towin maps instead of having to link the site.

https://www.270towin.com/maps/yQlv2
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2021, 01:30:25 AM »

In 2020 Oregon voted to the left of Colorado, New Mexico voted to the left of Virginia, and New Hampshire voted to the left of Minnesota. Is there any particular reason to think that will change in 2024? It's possible, but incredibly unlikely.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2021, 04:11:58 AM »

Biden is likely to win OH, NC or IA not shrink the battleground in 2024 he doesn't have a 46.9% Approvals like Trump he has a 59%Approvals
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2021, 07:10:43 AM »

Without flip Oregon, Minnesota, and MAYBE New Mexico and that's probably the Republican ceiling in 2024 provided the current Democratic coalition doesn't collapse and we just see the Democrats running on a bad record and worse campaign.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2021, 02:19:59 PM »

I don't see a situation where Oregon flips to the Republicans in 2024.

I guess if you flip Oregon it would in fact be a "ceiling" for Republicans in terms of electoral votes but even then I struggle with NM and ME at large.
UnvaccinatedNcircumcised
Rookie
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2021, 02:41:04 PM »

I guess if you flip Oregon it would in fact be a "ceiling" for Republicans in terms of electoral votes but even then I struggle with NM and ME at large.
But even in this "ceiling" scenario, would Dems still be able to hold MN [just barely, hence the light blue shade], as well as a CO and VA [safely, by large margins hence the dark blue color].

I can see struggling with NM, though I don't think ME-AL is off the table. Maine was close in 2016.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2021, 02:42:03 PM »

Replace OR with MN.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2021, 03:23:34 PM »

I'm a believer in New Mexico potentially being in play for the right Republican, but I'm really having a hard time seeing Oregon.  Minnesota would be a better reach state, as would (despite their trends) Colorado and Virginia.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2021, 05:08:28 PM »

But even in this "ceiling" scenario, would Dems still be able to hold MN [just barely, hence the light blue shade], as well as a CO and VA [safely, by large margins hence the dark blue color].

I can see struggling with NM, though I don't think ME-AL is off the table. Maine was close in 2016.

Good points about MN and ME. I guess CO and VA would also be part of the GOP's electoral ceiling as well, though my gut tells me those states are veering towards safe D even though that doesn't mean they're actually safe states.
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2021, 05:11:54 PM »

Not possible. Oregon is far too "locked" to flip. It's the only non-southern state that comes close to Minnesota's level of frozen-ness.
UnvaccinatedNcircumcised
Rookie
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2021, 05:26:50 PM »

Not possible. Oregon is far too "locked" to flip. It's the only non-southern state that comes close to Minnesota's level of frozen-ness.
Solid point. The Republican ceiling in OR is probably 48-49%.
lord_moxley
Rookie

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2021, 09:11:29 PM »

Biden is likely to win OH, NC or IA not shrink the battleground in 2024 he doesn't have a 46.9% Approvals like Trump he has a 59%Approvals
Maybe if Majorie Taylor Greene is the nominee but other than that Iowa is TFG and Ohio is borderline TFG. North Carolina is very possible though no matter the nominee
Terlylane
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2021, 09:38:48 PM »

Oregon and New Mexico can't flip in 2024.
TodayJunior
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2021, 01:47:11 PM »

I'm a believer in New Mexico potentially being in play for the right Republican, but I'm really having a hard time seeing Oregon.  Minnesota would be a better reach state, as would (despite their trends) Colorado and Virginia.
Even CO and VA are locked out for the same reasons as Oregon/MN. Ditto New Mexico. However, if the state parties can demonstrate they can win a senate seat or governor election, that could be evidence to support their ability to be competitive in the future, but not for 2024. Too soon.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2021, 03:44:12 PM »

That would be more likely - though I'm curious to know which Republican could carry Minnesota (which eluded even Trump and Reagan), New Mexico (a Democratic state at this point) or Maine (still a blue state despite ME-02's waywardness). Although Maine could flip if Collins is the nominee (a big if). New Hampshire is the only one that may occur, assuming the nominee is someone with home-grown appeal, like Gov. Chris Sununu. I think only Sununu and maybe some other New England Republican (Collins, Scott, Baker) could flip New Hampshire.
UnvaccinatedNcircumcised
Rookie
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2021, 09:09:05 PM »

That would be more likely - though I'm curious to know which Republican could carry Minnesota (which eluded even Trump and Reagan), New Mexico (a Democratic state at this point) or Maine (still a blue state despite ME-02's waywardness). Although Maine could flip if Collins is the nominee (a big if). New Hampshire is the only one that may occur, assuming the nominee is someone with home-grown appeal, like Gov. Chris Sununu. I think only Sununu and maybe some other New England Republican (Collins, Scott, Baker) could flip New Hampshire.
Tom Cotton?  John Kennedy?[/b]
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2021, 07:30:37 PM »

Extremely unlikely. Putting aside the fact that the election will not be that one sided, Oregon will not flip before Minnesota.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2021, 07:59:54 PM »

Zero chance. Oregon voted to my state's left for f***'s sake. I also think that ME-AL, Minnesota, and New Hampshire will remain fools' gold for Republican presidential candidates.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies