wxtransit for National Senate (June 18-20) - Victory and Next Steps
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:29:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  wxtransit for National Senate (June 18-20) - Victory and Next Steps
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: wxtransit for National Senate (June 18-20) - Victory and Next Steps  (Read 951 times)
terkeypie
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2021, 06:01:02 PM »

Have a good race
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2021, 06:37:27 PM »

Thank you man!
marcuszodiak
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.00, S: -2.00

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2021, 09:55:00 PM »

Endorsed!!!!
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2021, 10:08:26 PM »

Endorsed!
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2021, 10:42:35 PM »

Thank you, your endorsement is much appreciated!

Thank you pmasta, good to see you around man!
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2021, 03:48:49 PM »

Closing Speech

June 18, 2021

Well everyone, we've made it!

This campaign was quite short by my previous standards, but we still were able to make our case to the people and advocate for change! We've released bold proposals to the issues that are plaguing this forum, such as an implementation of direct democracy and a reimagining of the NPC elections system.

I'm proud of what we've been able to do, but I'm even more proud of what we'll be able to do next if I am able to earn the honor of becoming your Senator. As I've said in the past, Atlasia is at an inflection point, and the next few months could be the deciding factor of the course of our nation. We need strong, active leadership that is not afraid to shy away from bold changes, and over the past weeks, I believe I've been able to make my case that I fit that bill.

And now, our fate, and the fate of our nation, lies in your hands.

It is now up to the people to decide our next government, and what kind of mandate that government will receive in our newly-elected Senate.

All I ask is that you consider a first preference for wxtransit if you truly want change in this great nation. I am not beholden to any party, person, or ideological wing (aside from meme centrism, of course Tongue), so just know that I am actively seeking your support no matter what party you're from, whether it be Labor, the Federalists, the DA, the Liberals, Peace, or another party.

We need to think beyond party identification and outside the box if we want to restore our nation and bring back the kind of activity that Atlasia was a hallmark for.

I believe I have made my case that I will champion those ideals.

So no matter what party you're from, even if you are a party chair, I am making a direct appeal to you: if you support candidate quality, background, and qualifications; if you want to see our nation become more active and more fun; if you aren't afraid to be the generation that thought outside the box to save our nation -- take the chance. Vote [1] for wxtransit on your National Senate ballot. You won't regret it.

Join the Alliance for Change, and get out and vote! Polls are open from now until Sunday the 18th at midnight! https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=451857.0

wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2021, 01:01:16 AM »

Soon, I will post a formal speech addressing tonight's results and my next steps. For now, I'd just like to say a big thank you to everyone who helped support me along the way during the campaign and to every person who voted for me, whether it be first preference or eleventh. Additionally, I'd like to send my congratulations to the other fine seventeen people elected to the Senate tonight, including my colleague Weatherboy whom I am excited to serve alongside!

And let's all get some rest! Thank you everyone, and God bless Atlasia!
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2021, 01:10:52 AM »

Congratulations! I'm glad you returned to Atlasia and look forward to what you'll continue to contribute to the Senate.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2021, 06:55:53 PM »
« Edited: June 21, 2021, 06:59:51 PM by Senator-elect wxtransit »

Victory Speech in Metarie, La.

June 21, 2021

Hello Metarie!

We did it, y'all!

Normally, we would be holding our victory rally back in Dallas, but y'all have been so welcoming, I couldn't help but stay longer in this great state!

Before I get started, I want to thank everyone who played a part in this campaign. From DA leadership to those of you who signed up yesterday to distribute flyers, you are a valued member of our team and played a part in helping us cross the line last night. With your help, we have become the first centrist party in post-reset history to win two seats on the national ballot!

Y'all -- this past election has been unlike any other. With the help of our good friend Tarrance and all of you fine Louisianians, we have turned the tide against Labor and delivered a tied Senate!

And this time for change environment won't simply go away now. Y'all want to take it even further -- and Tarrance will do just that! Not only will he repeal Boisseau's Betrayal and make the lives of working-class Louisianians easier, but he also will fight for every citizen of the Pelican State and ensure your voices are heard!

As for me, my time in Congress will commence again. As I did three years ago, I will continue to fight for the people and ensure your voices are heard. I will sponsor the voices of the people and fight for bold change to a system that desperately needs it. I will not be beholden to party machines but instead be beholden to your voice. And, most importantly, I will fight to bring back activity to this great country!

There are several pressing matters that must be taken care of when Weatherboy and I swear in to the new Senate. First, a new rules package must be passed. I hope to see bipartisan (or is it quintipartisan?) dialogue over the coming days and weeks between all of our eighteen members so that we can agree to a rules package that ensures the good functioning of government in the interests of the people. Additionally, the matter of leadership in the new chamber should be established next. I will not be running for President pro tempore of the new Senate, as I believe that my time would be more efficiently spent getting out to the heartlands of Atlasia, hearing your voices, and campaigning for our great DA candidates up and down the ballot. However, as I stated in my campaign, I ran to serve in the new Senate to enact change, set precedents, and lead with an example of activity.

As such, I would like to state my availability to serve as a deputy to the chair in the new Senate. I believe that my standards of activity set during my roles as Speaker of the Lincoln Assembly, Deputy Speaker of the House, and House Minority Leader all serve as examples of the standard I hope to lead no matter my role in the new chamber.

Finally, I will be opening a new office soon. I want the people to know that my office will always be open to hear your views, concerns, and/or proposals. I was elected by you to serve in this great chamber, and I am beholden to you for my mandate.

For now, I will be signing off. But soon, we will get started on enacting the change that I laid out in my platform during this election.

Thank you Louisiana, the South, and the nation, for entrusting me with this mandate. Let's get to work.

God bless Atlasia!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies