wxtransit for National Senate (June 18-20) - Victory and Next Steps
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:48:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  wxtransit for National Senate (June 18-20) - Victory and Next Steps
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: wxtransit for National Senate (June 18-20) - Victory and Next Steps  (Read 950 times)
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 10, 2021, 05:54:39 PM »
« edited: June 21, 2021, 07:38:15 PM by Senator-elect wxtransit »

Atlasia is entering a period of change.

With the approval of the Fifth Constitution, our nation has taken a bold step to help rekindle activity and interest into the game. I fully support this move, and am humbled to have the opportunity to be in the game during this pivotal moment.

Change does not get accomplished solely by the stroke of a pen, however. Without leaders who are prepared to back up such bold steps with action, in a few months we could be back at the same place we found ourselves -- stagnation, declining interest, and a fun situation for absolutely no one. We need leaders who are prepared to set major precedents that will influence the game for years to come, particularly concerning activity and a willingness to seek out daring solutions to the problems that face our nation.

Based on my experience in both houses of Congress and as a leader of various reformist movements that have proposed bold solutions for our nation in the past, I believe I can serve as one of such leaders in our new Senate.

As a politician that held a near-perfect attendance record during my time in Congress, I am prepared to represent our nation with a standard of activity. As your Senator, I will never take my office for granted -- your mandate will be my guiding cause, and that purpose will be reflected in my presence in the chamber.

I am prepared to fight to ensure that all Atlasians are represented, whether you be from the left, right, or center. I have always been elected on broad, diverse coalitions of change, from members of all sides and from all parties supporting me in the past. I come from a party that stands for providing an alternative, and I will live up to our purpose. As a voice from the Democratic Alliance, I will be beholden to one interest and one interest only -- the people. I will always strive to represent the unheard voices that cry out for change.

As your Senator, my office and DMs will always be open to your suggestions, and my guarantee is that your citizens' proposals will always be heard by me. We need bold ideas during this time of transition, and the boldest ideas often come from outside of the established order.

I am prepared to embrace the change our nation needs to reach new heights. The change our nation needs to restore the activity we so desperately need.

I specifically propose:
-A Citizens' Alliance of all actively-participating citizens (i.e. meeting certain activity standards) not currently holding office that will serve as a forum for direct democracy. Specifically, this forum, which would meet several times a month, would have the power to propose and consider initiatives that, if approved by a majority of the group, would be guaranteed consideration in the Senate.
-Soliciting public comments to study ways in which NPC elections could influence activities within the game (for one example, the appointment of real in-game officials based on NPC results), as to create higher stakes and more interest into such elections and ultimately make the game as a whole more interesting.
-Greater engagement with our Discord users by creating a server for public comments from private citizens on Senate bills, serving to not only empower more citizens to participate in the workings of our institutions but also to tie the real-time nature of Discord into the more procedural nature of the Senate, benefiting both platforms instead of the increasingly one-sided nature of the Discord-Forum relationship.

These ideas are certainly not definitive and are open to suggestions from you, the people. These are here to generate discussion, and, if supported by the people, would be championed by me in the Senate.

In the Senate, I will serve as the advocate for our citizens, elected by an alliance of old and new, left and right. An alliance ready to seek out new ideas for the betterment of our nation.

Are you ready for something different?

Join the Alliance for Change.

Endorsements:
Weatherboy (DA-SC)
Jimmy7812 (F-PA)
AustralianSwingVoter (DA-UT)
Spiral (P-MO)
UlmerFudd (F-TX)
LouisvilleThunder (F-KY)
Rep. Joseph Cao (F-IL)
thumb21 (L-NC)
Sestak (P-MT)
Politics Fan (DA-FL)
Federalist Party
AGA (Lib-NY)
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2021, 06:02:42 PM »

yoooooooooooooooo

...bruh moment
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 06:21:31 PM »

Citizen's Alliance

🤔

Anyway, endorsed!
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2021, 06:29:21 PM »

Guess my meme centrism wasn't subtle enough, huh?

Also thanks for the endorsement WB!
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2021, 06:40:24 PM »

Endorsed!
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2021, 06:43:30 PM »

Endorsed!
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2021, 06:45:01 PM »

Endorsed, old friend.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2021, 09:17:43 PM »

Thank you ASV!

Thank you for the endorsement Jimmy!

Sprial, good to see you again! Cheesy Thank you for the endorsement!
UlmerFudd
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.17

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2021, 09:34:47 PM »

endorsed
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2021, 10:34:51 PM »

Thank you for the endorsement man!
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2021, 11:05:09 PM »

Endorsed!
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2021, 11:53:17 PM »

Endorsed! Glad to see you back.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2021, 12:53:06 AM »

Thank you both, your endorsements are much appreciated!
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2021, 01:39:31 AM »

Well, well. This'll be interesting. Best of luck Transit!
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2021, 01:53:04 PM »

Well, well. This'll be interesting. Best of luck Transit!

That it will Wink Thank you for the word of encouragement Peanut!
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2021, 06:24:25 PM »

My address to the Federalist Convention

June 12, 2021

Distinguished Federalists,

Over the past week since I have returned to this forum, I have noticed a sharp decrease in activity on both AFE and Discord from how I remember it being back in 2019. As essentially a time traveller from that period, the difference in engagement has been striking to me, and from conversation with friends and colleagues from both sides of the aisle, it appears this problem has become systemic.

I have no doubt that the Fifth Constitution will help address several underlying issues that have contributed to the decline in activity, and my greatest hope is that I can revisit this era in a year’s time and note how the forum has been revived. However, we need officials who can back up such hopeful aspirations with concrete leadership and bold ideas to help restore the kind of engagement that AFE has fostered in the past.

It is my strongest belief that legislation alone cannot fix systemic issues, and I know I am not alone in this assessment.

This observation is at the heart of why I have decided to run for Senate. During my terms in the House and the Senate, I garnered a reputation of not only being an active legislator, but one that was not afraid to shy away from bold solutions to help fix our nation’s problems. In addition, my office was always open to any Atlasian left unheard who had solutions to our biggest issues. I was, and will be, a champion for every Atlasian.

We are at an inflection point in the history of this forum. As our nation begins to transition to the Fifth Constitution, we will enter an era of precedent-setting that will determine our trajectory years from now. We must set precedents of activity and ingenuity to help restore a culture of engagement. Our elected leaders need to be able to think creatively to respond to our nation’s problems, and I have entered this race as I believe I can serve as one of such leaders. For this reason, I am seeking your endorsement and your vote for National Senate.

My specific proposals can be found at my campaign office, linked here: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=450383.msg8124793#msg8124793.

Thank you for your time and God bless Atlasia,
wxtransit
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2021, 09:17:33 AM »

Nice to see you back! Endorsed
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2021, 12:26:06 PM »

Endorsed for a top three preference.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2021, 05:36:29 PM »

Thank you Thumb, good to see you around man! Cheesy

Thank you for the endorsement Sestak!
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2021, 02:20:16 AM »
« Edited: June 15, 2021, 02:24:04 AM by wxtransit »

My address to the Labor Convention

June 15, 2021

Distinguished Laborites,

I believe we can all agree that Atlasia is not at its ideal right now.

This lull in activity has driven many talented players away from the game, and if nothing changes, I fear that the game will be worse off when I revisit this post in a year’s time. While I do not doubt that the passage of the Fifth Constitution will certainly help some of the activity issues inherent to the nature of the current system, I have always been of the firm belief that legislation alone cannot fix our nation’s most pressing issues.

As a result, I have decided to run to represent all of us as your Senator and am seeking the Labor Party’s endorsement for this position. My experience during my three terms in both chambers of Congress shows that not only will I be an active Senator if I have the honor of being elected to that high office, but a Senator that is not afraid to shy away from bold and necessary change.

If I am elected this weekend, I will help to fill the gap between legislation and culture by setting precedents of activity and ingenuity during my time in office. I will always serve as a voice for the people, and in addition to the several initiatives I have proposed to bring activity back to this forum (that can be seen at my campaign page here: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=450383.msg8124793#msg8124793), I am fully willing to consider other reforms that are endorsed by a majority of the populace. During these pivotal times, sparks of inspiration can come from anywhere, often from outside of the established order. I will not shy away from endorsing change that the people supports.

We need leaders who will think outside the box to bring Atlasia back to a state of activity. Now is not the time for inaction, as our nation is at one of the most important inflection points we have ever faced. What we do now will affect the state of the game for years to come.

Change knows no coalition or party label, and as such, I am asking for your support at both the party and personal level. Join the Alliance for Change, and we can all fight for a better Atlasia together.

Thank you for your time and God bless Atlasia,
wxtransit
Politics Fan

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2021, 10:56:34 AM »

Endorsed!
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2021, 02:18:25 PM »

Thank you for the endorsement!
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2021, 02:57:36 PM »
« Edited: June 17, 2021, 10:41:39 PM by wxtransit »

Today's the last day until voting starts! If you want to ensure that your voice is heard and an independent faction remains in this new Senate, make sure to first preference me or Weatherboy!

Also, remember to make sure that you are valid to vote. The requirements are 8 posts in the last five weeks, so ever since April 23. You have until 11:59 PM forum time tonight to become valid if you are not.

Thank you all through your support throughout this short campaign and I can't wait to see what result the people deliver this weekend. I can feel the winds of change coming and I don't know about you but I'm excited!

I'll be posting my closing argument tomorrow. Until then, stay tuned, and make sure to do your civic duty and vote this weekend!
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2021, 03:01:25 PM »

Endorsed for second preference.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp