Could someone try to "convince" me of the pro-life position? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:54:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Could someone try to "convince" me of the pro-life position? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Could someone try to "convince" me of the pro-life position?  (Read 639 times)
patzer
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -3.48

« on: June 14, 2021, 05:38:40 PM »

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that - as Ernest and RFayette have said - it is a question of when the foetus becomes a "person."

One thing worth pointing out regarding this is that the United Kingdom - perhaps other countries, I don't know, permits abortions up to 24 weeks of pregnancy (near the end of the second trimester).

It's not unheard of for prematurely-born babies to be born and survive after having spent only 22 or 23 weeks in the womb- they don't always survive, but sometimes do.

This means that it is perfectly possible for a baby/fetus who was conceived 23 weeks prior to be alive in an incubator after a highly premature birth- and it is also possible for such a baby/fetus to be inside its mother's womb and still legal to abort in many locales.

Logically it should either be legal to kill both of them (the born one and the unborn one) or neither of them, given they're at the exact same stage of development. As it is, of course, it's legal to kill the unborn one but not the born one.

And that's why I think abortion law needs an overhaul. It's too lax at the moment.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies