Could someone try to "convince" me of the pro-life position? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:41:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Could someone try to "convince" me of the pro-life position? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Could someone try to "convince" me of the pro-life position?  (Read 625 times)
Torie
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: June 12, 2021, 09:18:15 AM »

The degree of the "humaness" of a fetus is a continuum. At some point potentially prior to birth, the desires of the mother might be ethically more than counterbalanced by the desire to protect of the fetus as it becomes closer to being fully "human." The most difficult period is when the fetus could survive outside the womb - the period of viability. As the fetus becomes more human, it is not an unreasonable position to take that the circumstances when an abortion should be allowed should become more restricted.

As to just where and how the balance should work, and what relative weight to give to each, is highly subjective. And thus even among rational and reasonable and ethical individuals who make data based decisions, one can expect, and should expect,  disagreement, now and forever. What I object is the "demonization" of others on this issue whose subjective opinion does not match yours. That is what I would call unfair intolerance. Since about the age of 15, I have always taken exception to the Manichean approach to  this issue - on both sides.

I could share my own subjective opinions on this, but I don't think that would serve any useful purpose here.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies