Asian American education and income level chart (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:13:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  Asian American education and income level chart (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Asian American education and income level chart  (Read 1496 times)
Biden his time
Abdullah
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« on: June 11, 2021, 10:23:14 AM »

In other news, Taiwanese should stop being pharmacists, and start being investment bankers in order to catch up with the much richer but slightly less educated Indians.

While its plausible that Indians are indeed richer, the figure is household income and it wouldnt surprise me if it was due to family issues. Indians have very low divorce rates even in the US, which leads to higher household income.

Also, I've seen other stats that Indians are one of the few immigrant groups that get poorer in the next generation. The question of course is whether this is because the first generation does so well that they can only go down (since they dont have the capital of rich whites), or its just a statistical quirk due to the second generation being younger.

Genuinely something that is very interesting. Source?

I'd think it's mainly the second reason due to the median age of a U.S.-born Asian Indian American being literally 13 years old. It also could be a mixture of the first reason too especially as the younger generation in the United States tends to not be very well-off due to a multitude of factors.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies