VA-JMC- McAuliffe +4
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:02:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections
  2023 & Odd Year Gubernatorial Election Polls (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  VA-JMC- McAuliffe +4
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: VA-JMC- McAuliffe +4  (Read 2087 times)
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2021, 04:42:14 PM »

Throw it in the average. That Biden approval is way too low

Yep. Biden's approval being +5 and Northam being +1 is just ridiculous.

It’s embarrassing that VA voters have forgiven northam for the yearbook abomination
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2021, 04:58:47 PM »

Throw it in the average. That Biden approval is way too low

Yep. Biden's approval being +5 and Northam being +1 is just ridiculous.

It’s embarrassing that VA voters have forgiven northam for the yearbook abomination

Is it? A great many elected officials have done or are in the process of doing worse as mature adults without electoral detriment. I would argue Northam's governance shortcomings are worse than his racism in school, but even if you weight for personal failure highly, VA's elected (and will continue to elect) worse.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2021, 06:07:20 PM »

McAuliffe is a blue dog just like Ryan, Jackson, Kelly, and Fetterman whom all can win this yr and next yr

Bullock was a blue dog and he only lost due to Gianforte not Daines, that's why I donate to blue dogs only and have donated to Ryan and Jackson, Kelly, Fetterman have enough money, already
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2021, 11:43:38 PM »

This seems plausible. Youngkin certainly has a chance at the upset but the indication is that this is still McAuliffe's race to lose.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2021, 08:00:09 AM »

I can reasonable believe that this is a worst case for Democrats.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2021, 01:42:06 PM »
« Edited: June 14, 2021, 01:58:12 PM by Skill and Chance »

Did they forget to poll NoVa? I still think this race will be decided by 10-12%, at worst 8-10% favoring the Dems. This isn’t 2009-10 VA anymore. It’s clearly a blue state at every level, and there are no signs of these trends de accelerating, let alone reversing, anytime soon.

Interestingly, if you look at the crosstabs, basically all of McAuliffe's decline vs. Biden is in NOVA.  NOVA looks like the Obama era in this poll, but the rest of the state looks just like 2020. 

Exactly. That doesn’t make any sense.

It would be broadly consistent with a collapse in the Asian/Hispanic Dem vote while they are matching or exceeding 2020 with white and black voters.  The recent special election results would be consistent with this (TX-06 lockout, GOP flip of McAllen, easy Dem holds in Scranton and NH, coalition shift from Hispanic to white areas of ABQ in NM-01). 
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2021, 06:31:58 PM »

I am pretty skeptical of this poll as well. I'm still not all that worried about this race. I do, however, think that McAuliffe will win by less than Northam for a litany reasons like statewide party fatigue (if that's even a thing), Youngkin not being as desperate and pathetic as Gillespie (from what it seems so far), and a potential for Democratic turnout to be less enthused compared to 2017. I could buy McAuliffe winning by six points maybe if that all that turns out to be true. And I don't know what that would suggest about 2022.
vitoNova
United States

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2021, 08:58:26 PM »

McAuliffe is a blue dog just like Ryan, Jackson, Kelly, and Fetterman whom all can win this yr and next yr

McAuliife is not a Blue Dog in any way, shape, or form.

He's too sleazy and greasy.  

As an Arlingtonian, he is whatever I want him to be.   And blue dog ain't it.  At the time being.

Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2021, 09:21:35 PM »

Did they forget to poll NoVa? I still think this race will be decided by 10-12%, at worst 8-10% favoring the Dems. This isn’t 2009-10 VA anymore. It’s clearly a blue state at every level, and there are no signs of these trends de accelerating, let alone reversing, anytime soon.

Interestingly, if you look at the crosstabs, basically all of McAuliffe's decline vs. Biden is in NOVA.  NOVA looks like the Obama era in this poll, but the rest of the state looks just like 2020.  

So excited for the “REPUBLICAN SURGE IN NOVA” posts and articles for the next five months.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2021, 08:49:25 PM »

Interestingly, if you look at the crosstabs, basically all of McAuliffe's decline vs. Biden is in NOVA.  NOVA looks like the Obama era in this poll, but the rest of the state looks just like 2020.  

So excited for the “REPUBLICAN SURGE IN NOVA” posts and articles for the next five months.

The rain in Nova meme was started in the 2017 VA gubernatorial race by Limo Liberal.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies