After the Chaos: A 2024 election game (gameplay thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:51:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  After the Chaos: A 2024 election game (gameplay thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: After the Chaos: A 2024 election game (gameplay thread)  (Read 4513 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« on: June 08, 2021, 09:50:32 PM »

Michelle Obama debate answers

1. Lester, as much, as I would support the Electoral College being eliminated, it'll never be politically viable, because it's too useful to the two main political parties. What I would support in it's place is a two-round popular vote system, similar to what is used in France.

2. The filibuster has been a stain on our democracy since the beginning, used to allow Southern slave owners an out sized voice in the halls of Government. I call on each of my three opponents today, each of whom have a role to play in the Senate, not to rest until the filibuster is abolished, period.  

3. There is no one in the Democratic Party that I wouldn't support if they won the nomination. Unity is vital if we are to defeat President Trump a second time.

4. The fact of the matter is, Lester, that Republicans aren't interested in negotiating with Democrats. This was the case during my Husband's administration, this was the case during this Administration, and this was the case during the last administration. It won't change just because one of us are elected to the White House.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2021, 11:12:27 PM »

Michelle Obama Schedule, July 31-August 14

July 31, 2023

Kickoff Speech, Kinnick Stadium, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa.

I'm proud to announce my 2020 candidacy for President right here in Iowa. Iowa's been home to a lot of great moments for us. The amazing victory we had in the caucuses, against all odds about fifteen years ago, was a shining moment, both for my husband and myself, and now we look to do it again. We face a difficult challenge in Vice President Harris. But she's no more difficult to beat than Hillary Clinton was back then. I'm confident we'll prevail, and once again bring change to the White House.

August 1, 2023

Meet Voters in Akron, Iowa

Rally, Tyson Events Center-Fleet Farm Arena, Sioux Falls, Iowa

You know, it's kind of disturbing that a man who openly committed treason and insurrection against the government of the United States could be allowed to run for any elected office in this country, let alone a second term as President. You know all those lock her up chants they used shout in reference to Hillary Clinton? Well, someone should tell President Trump that people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, because he should be locked up, and that's for crimes he's actually committed, as opposed to Hillary's "emails".

Meet Voters in Craig, Iowa

August 2, 2023

Meet Voters in Le Mars, Iowa

Speech at Dordt University, Sioux Center, Iowa

At most colleges across America, tuition is simply too high for anyone but the ultra-rich to afford. That's why my administration will propose new legislation that will force universities receiving federal funding to offer free tuition to any student whose family, or who personally makes, less than $500,000 annually.

Meet Voters in Sheldon, Iowa

August 3, 2023

Meet Voters in Primghar, Iowa

Meet Voters in Ocheydon, Iowa

Meet Voters in Sibley, Iowa

Meet Voters in George, Iowa

August 4, 2023

Meet Voters in Rock Rapids, Iowa

Meet Voters in Okoboji, Iowa

Meet Voters in Spirit Lake, Iowa

August 5, 2023

Meet Voters in Cowpens, South Carolina

Meet Voters in Reidville, South Carolina

Meet Voters in Campobello, South Carolina

August 6, 2023

Meet Voters in Woodruff, South Carolina

Meet Voters in Garden City, Georgia

Meet Voters in Tybee Island, Georgia

August 7-9, 2023

Debate prep, Savannah, Georgia (With Valerie Jarrett)

August 10, 2023

Rally, Savannah Civic Center, Savannah, Georgia

Vice President Harris may claim to be an ally for individuals of color, but we know better. As District Attorney of San Francisco County, and as Attorney General of California, Harris pursued policies that harmed persons of color in California, such as her school truancy initiative, which sought to send parents of truant students, most of whom were persons of color to jail. California's prisons were so overcrowded that my husband's Justice Department tried to order federal supervision, and Harris fought them every step of the way. She is not an ally for any person of color, no matter the race.

August 11, 2023

Meet Voters in Bogart, Georgia

Debate Kamala Harris, Tammy Baldwin and Sherrod Brown at Stegeman Coliseum, University of Georgia, Athens Georgia

August 12, 2023

Iowa State Fair, Des Moines, Iowa (With Sasha and Malia Obama)

August 13, 2023

Meet Voters in Dixville Notch, New Hampshire

Meet Voters in Colebrook, New Hampshire

August 14, 2023

Meet Voters in Bayou La Batre, Alabama

Meet Voters in Semmes, Alabama
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2021, 11:30:25 PM »

The Obama Campaign Team

Campaign Manager: Valerie Jarrett

Chief Pollster: Steve Hildebrand

Chief Adviser-Foreign Policy: Barack Obama

Chief Adviser: Domestic Policy: Barack Obama

Co-Chairs: Fundraising: Barack Obama/Maggie Williams

Advertising: TBA
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2021, 08:37:59 AM »

Press Release from the Obama Campaign

The Michelle Obama Campaign is pleased to announce the hiring of Jim Messina, the architect of President Obama's 2012 reelection victory, as our director of advertising, and will be in charge of the delegate strategy in all caucus states. In addition, Messina, Valerie Jarrett, and Barack Obama, will be the three co-chairs of a Vice Presidential search committee in the event that Michelle Obama is nominated. Vetting is expected to take place throughout the primaries, and long lists will be released periodically.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2021, 09:31:23 AM »

Valerie Jarrett responds to Kamala Harris on Meet the Press

Just because President Obama had no problems with Vice President Harris's record as a Prosecutor, doesn't every member of his family, or the administration felt the same way. Michelle didn't like it, and I know there were others who were uncomfortable with the Vice President's prosecutorial record.

As to forming a Vice Presidential search committee, we'd much rather be prepared in the event we do win the nomination, than be months behind searching for a running mate if we the nomination. My suggestion to Vice President Harris is to not complain about it, and do some vetting for running mates yourself.

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2021, 03:14:51 AM »

New Endorsements for Michelle Obama-Surrogate Schedules

Barack Obama

Barack Obama spends these two weeks making fundraising calls, and fundraising for the campaign across the South.

Raphael Warnock

Raphael Warnock campaigns for Obama in Georgia and South Carolina.

Keisha Lance Bottoms

Lance Bottoms Campaigns for Obama in Georgia and South Carolina.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2021, 09:04:16 PM »

Schedule for Michelle Obama

August 16, 2023

Meet Voters in Elkmont, Alabama

Meet Voters in Mooresville, Alabama

August 17, 2023

Meet Voters in Belle Chasse, Louisiana

Meet Voters in Port Sulphur, Louisiana

Meet Voters in Empire, Louisiana

Meet Voters in Triumph, Louisiana

Meet Voters in Point a la Hache, Louisiana

August 18, 2023

Meet Voters in Violet, Louisiana

Meet Voters in Arabi, Lousiana

Speech/Rally, Fredrick J. Sigur Civic Center, Chalmette, Louisiana

Climate Change has devastated the Gulf Coast in the past twenty years. Hurricanes like Katrina, Rita, Harvey, Michael and Laura have devastated the Gulf Coast in the past twenty years alone, and their dramatic strength is largely attributable to man-made climate change. In order to mitigate this, I am proud to endorse the Green New Deal, and a Obama administration will make this policy, using whatever tools the executive branch has at it's disposal to do so.

August 19, 2023

Meet Voters in Hackberry, Louisiana

Meet Voters in Cameron, Lousiana

Speech/Rally at Cowboy Stadium, McNeese State University, Lake Charles, Louisiana

The way college sports treats it's student-athletes is basically slave labor in my opinion! As President, I'll push through an executive order requiring all universities that receive Federal funding to pay their student-athletes a living wage per hour of games played, and time of practice. I'll also prohibit schools that receive Federal funding from eliminating athletic scholarships as a result of budget cuts.  

Speech/Rally, L'Auberge du Lac Resort, Lake Charles, Louisiana

I'm not entirely sure why we don't regulate and tax online gambling. We lose literally nothing by regulating online gambling at the federal level, and we'd gain tens of millions in tax revenues annually. Is it because Republicans want to legislate our morals again?

August 20, 2023

Speech/Rally at the Health and Human Performance Education Complex, McNeese State University, Lake Charles, Louisiana

It's my pleasure to endorse Mitch Landrieu, a fighter for Louisiana to be the next Governor of Louisiana. Mitch has been a dedicated public servant for the state of Louisiana since 1988, when he was sworn in as a State Representative. In all that time, he has never lost sight of what was important. That the people, not the special interests come first. I'm proud to endorse Mitch Landrieu, and I hope you vote for him this Autumn.

Meet Voters in Versailles, Kentucky

August 21, 2023

Meet Voters in Millersburg, Kentucky

Meet Voters in Paris, Kentucky

Speech/Rally at Toyota Stadium, Georgetown, Kentucky

I'm honored to be here to endorse a leader, Andy Beshear to be reelected as Governor of Kentucky. Beshear's steady leadership during one of the greatest crisis's in American history, allowed Kentucky to come out of the COVID-19 pandemic stronger than ever. We can't go back to the corrupt leadership of Matt Bevin, a man who in his final hours as Governor, pardoned hundreds of criminals, of whom there was no doubt as to their guilt, and some of whom were related to fundraisers for Bevin. We need to reelect Andy Beshear as Governor of Kentucky.

August 22, 2023

Meet Voters in Wiota, Iowa

Meet Voters in Marne, Iowa

August 23, 2023

Meet Voters in Red Oak, Iowa

Meet Voters in Villisca, Iowa

Meet Voters in Coin, Iowa

August 24, 2023

Meet Voters in Yorktown, Iowa

Meet Voters in Mount Charleston, Nevada

August 25, 2023

Meet Voters in Goodsprings, Nevada

Meet Voters in Blue Diamond, Nevada

Meet Voters in Bishop, California

August 26, 2023

Meet Voters in Gorham, New Hampshire

Meet Voters in Stark, New Hampshire

August 27, 2023

Meet Voters in Franconia, New Hampshire

Meet Voters in Thornton, New Hampshire

Meet Voters in Averill, Vermont

Meet Voters in Guildhall, Vermont

August 28, 2023

Meet Voters in Aynor, South Carolina

Meet Voters in Atlantic Beach, South Carolina (With Raphael Warnock)

Meet Voters in Surfside Beach, South Carolina

Meet Voters in Loris, South Carolina (With Raphael Warnock)

August 29, 2023

Meet voters in Diamondhead, Mississippi

Meet Voters in Bay St. Louis, Mississippi

August 30, 2023

Meet Voters in Dixon, Iowa

Meet Voters in Panorama Park, Iowa

August 31, 2023

Meet Voters in Princeton, Iowa

Meet Voters in Long Grove, Iowa

Meet Voters in Blue Grass, Iowa

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2021, 09:32:24 PM »

Obama Campaign releases internal polls

Over the past two weeks, the Obama Campaign has released internal polling for the four early states, as well as several Super Tuesday battlegrounds, that show a tighter race than what the public polls show.

Iowa

Kamala Harris 41%
Michelle Obama 27%
Sherrod Brown 13%
Tammy Baldwin 13%

Over half of Harris's support is in the "persuadable" camp.

New Hampshire

Kamala Harris 39%
Michelle Obama 29%
Tammy Baldwin 15%
Sherrod Brown 7%

South Carolina

Michelle Obama 37%
Kamala Harris 35%
Tammy Baldwin 10%
Sherrod Brown 9%

A warning sign for Democrats- a quarter of African American voters surveyed in the poll say they won't vote in November if an African American isn't on the ticket.

Nevada

Kamala Harris 44%
Michelle Obama 22%
Tammy Baldwin 12%
Sherrod Brown 5%

California

Kamala Harris 60%
Michelle Obama 25%
Tammy Baldwin 6%
Sherrod Brown 5%

Texas

Kamala Harris 39%
Michelle Obama 38%
Tammy Baldwin 13%
Sherrod Brown 5%

The other big news from this poll, was that the campaign polled the Senate race, and Generic D, leads Ted Cruz 49-41.

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2021, 11:06:31 AM »
« Edited: June 15, 2021, 08:43:25 PM by NewYorkExpress »

Surrogate Schedules for Michelle Obama

Barack Obama

Campaign in New Orleans, Baton Rouge and Shreveport for Mitch Landrieu, Campaign in Louisville and Lexington for Andy Beshear. Fundraise for Obama campaign in Chicago

Raphael Warnock

Campaign in South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama and North Carolina

Keisha Lance Bottoms

Campaign in Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama, Tennessee and Florida.

Stacey Abrams

Campaign for Obama in Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Florida. Also, campaign for Mitch Landrieu in Louisiana, and for Democratic legislative candidates in Virginia and Louisiana.

Jeanne Shaheen

Campaign in New Hampshire for Obama from August 17-25, attend to Senate Duties from August 27-31.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2021, 08:57:25 PM »

The following ad will air nationally, with extra airtime being booked in South Carolina

Hi, I'm Stacey Abrams. Our Democracy is under attack. Donald Trump wishes to return his dystopian vision of America to the White House. We can't let that happen. Only one candidate has the courage to take on Trump and the Republicans, and bring light back to our Democracy. That candidate is Michelle Obama. I'm proud to support Michelle Obama, and I ask you for your support.

Paid for by Michelle Obama for President

The following ad will air in Iowa

Hi, I'm Barack Obama. Just over fifteen years ago, you delivered my campaign to victory in the caucuses, and brought me to the Presidency. Now, it's my turn to ask you to do the same for my wife. Michelle has been with me every step of the way, throughout my political journey, and I wouldn't have been the President I was without her. Iowa, you've elected one Obama, now let's elect another.

Paid for by Michelle Obama for President

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2021, 06:30:13 PM »

Schedule for Michelle Obama

September 1, 2023

Meet Voters in Le Claire, Iowa

Speech/Rally at Modern Woodmen Park, Davenport, Iowa

Last time I checked, incitement to violence is a crime, and that's exactly what Representative Taylor-Greene is doing. I call on the relevant authorities, be it the Department of Justice, or the local authorities in Georgia to bring criminal charges against her, before another member of Congress gets seriously injured, or worse killed because of her dangerous speech.

September 2, 2023

Throw out Ceremonial First Pitch, Quad Cities River Bandits vs South Bend Cubs, Modern Woodman Park, Davenport, Iowa.

Meet Voters in Orford, New Hampshire (With Jeanne Shaheen)

September 3, 2023

Meet Voters in Thornton, New Hampshire (With Jeanne Shaheen)

Meet Voters in Bath, New Hampshire (With Jeanne Shaheen)

Meet Voters in Newbury, Vermont (With Jeanne Shaheen)

Meet Voters in Piermont, New Hampshire (With Jeanne Shaheen)

Meet Voters in Waterville Valley, New Hampshire (With Jeanne Shaheen)

September 4, 2023

Meet Voters in Albany, New Hampshire (With Jeanne Shaheen)

Meet Voters in Livingston, South Carolina (With Raphael Warnock)

Meet Voters in Bowman, South Carolina (With Raphael Warnock, Stacey Abrams and Keisha Lance Bottoms)

Meet Voters in Holly Hill, South Carolina (With Raphael Warnock, Stacey Abrams and Keisha Lance Bottoms)

Meet Voters in Elko, South Carolina (With Raphael Warnock, Keisha Lance Bottoms and Stacey Abrams)

September 5-September 8, 2023

Fundraisers in Chicago and New York.

September 9, 2023

Serve as honorary captain, Northwestern vs Duke, Ryan Field, Evanston, Illinois.

September 10, 2023

Fundraisers, San Francisco

September 11, 2023

Attend 9/11 memorial tribute, Shanksville, Pennsylvania (with Barack Obama NOT A CAMPAIGN EVENT)

September 12, 2023

Meet Voters in Cold Springs, Nevada

Speech/Rally in Sparks, Nevada

It's a mystery to me why we continue to have relations of any kind with Pakistan. This is a country, that had Osama Bin Laden literally hiding in plain sight for half a decade, if not longer, in Abbotobad, and the military leadership, and probably the political leadership there almost certainly knew full well that he was there. Having a diplomatic relationship with Pakistan makes America less safe in my opinion, as they openly coddle terrorists to gain advantage over India, just as they did in the terrorist attacks in Mumbai in 2008. As President, I will end our diplomatic presence in Pakistan, and institute punishing sanctions against the country for their continued support of terrorism.

September 13, 2023

Meet Voters in Woolstock, Iowa

September 14, 2023

Meet Voters in Dows, Iowa

Speech/Rally in Gulfport, Missisippi (With Stacey Abrams and Raphael Warnock)

Climate Change is one of the biggest threats facing America today. I support the Green New Deal, it is the only solution that will work, and keep humans on this planet. The sooner America, and the world embraces it, the better off we will be.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2021, 01:56:58 AM »

Stacey Abrams on Sherrod Brown's exit from the Presidential race on behalf of the Obama Campaign

We're very sorry to see to Senator Brown exit the Presidential Race. We strongly encourage Senator Brown to file for reelection, as we strongly believe he is the only Democrat who can win the Senate race this year.

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2021, 01:34:25 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2021, 05:12:30 PM by NewYorkExpress »

Surrogate Schedule for Michelle Obama

Barack Obama: Fundraisers in Chicago, New York City and Los Angeles. Attend 9/11 memorial with Michelle Obama in Shanksville, Pennsylvania.

Jeanne Shaheen: Campaign in New Hampshire from September 1-6. Attend to Senate duties from September 7-10 and September 12-14.

Keisha Lance Bottoms: Campaign in South Carolina, and Georgia

Raphael Warnock: Campaign in South Carolina and Georgia

Stacey Abrams: Campaign in South Carolina for Michelle Obama. Campaign for Mitch Landrieu in New Orleans and Baton Rouge, and State Legislative candidates in Louisiana and Virginia.

Cory Booker: Campaign for Obama in South Carolina from September 2-5. Attend to Senate duties on September 1, from September 6-10 and from September 12-14. Attend 9/11 memorial service at Ground Zero, New York City.

Beto O'Rourke: Announce campaign for United States Senate on August 31. Campaign on own behalf, and for Obama Campaign in El Paso, Dallas, Forth Worth and Houston.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2021, 08:17:18 PM »

Press Statement from the Obama Campaign

Michelle Obama is willing to debate Governor Hogan any time, anywhere.

However, we insist that any debate invitation not include Former President Trump.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2021, 10:37:29 PM »

Press Statement from the Obama Campaign

Michelle and Barack Obama are proud to endorse Sherrod Brown in his campaign to be reelected as Senator from Ohio. We look forward to working with Senator Brown once again when we return to the White House.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2021, 08:39:23 PM »

Michelle Obama Schedule

September 15, 2023

Speech/Rally at Le Mars Convention Center, Le Mars, Iowa

Donald Trump has committed Treason and Insurrection, both in his dealings with Russia, and his attempted committing of a coup in response to losing the last Presidential Election. Now, I don't like the Death Penalty, I hate it in fact. But treason and insurrection, as currently stated in our constitution, are punishable by death, and there is no doubt in my mind that Trump committed both of those crimes. The fact that he isn't facing a criminal trial, let alone that he isn't on death row is inexplicable to me. I call on Attorney General Garland to correct this injustice against America.

Speech/Rally, Fleet Farm Arena-Tyson Events Center, Sioux City, Iowa

You know, I got asked about ten days ago by a young man in South Carolina if, should I win in November, whether there would be spots for Vice President Harris and Senator Baldwin in my Administration. The answer to that question is a resounding yes. Both are qualified to do many jobs in a future administration, and I'd be happy to have them.

September 16, 2023

Speech/Rally at the University of Charleston Stadium at Laidley Field, Charleston, West Virginia

Joe Manchin at this point, is essentially another Republican. Barack and I would happily support a primary challenger, if one were willing to take the plunge.

Meet Voters in Ridgeland, South Carolina (With Raphael Warnock, Keisha Lance Bottoms, Stacey Abrams and Cory Booker)

September 17, 2023

Climate Crisis Town Hall, Arsht Center, Miami, Florida

September 18, 2023

Speech/Rally, Rex Weech Field, Key West, Florida

Our policy on Cuba makes no sense. On the one hand, we've maintained minimal sanctions, while on the other hand, we've kept some sort of open door. The fact is, Cuba is not going to bow to pressure and introduce Democracy just because we want them to. We should reestablish ties with Cuba, because dialogue will make them responsible actors on the world stage, not threats.

Speech/Rally at Desert Sun Stadium, Yuma, Arizona

Krysten Simena isn't really a Democrat at this point. She's enabling Republicans in their quest to end our Democracy. Barack and I will support a primary challenger, if one dares to take the plunge.

September 19-27

Fundraisers in Los Angeles, San Francisco and Chicago.

September 27-30

Fundraisers in New York City and Boston
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2021, 08:47:06 PM »

Climate Crisis Town Hall-Michelle Obama

1. Leah, the only way to expand renewable energy is to elect Democrats. Republicans are opposed to the very concept of renewable energy, and would prefer to see the planet burn if it means more fossil fuels.

2. First, we'll push for legislation that effectively bans the use of coal, oil and natural gas as sources of fuel in the United States. Next, we'll dramatically increase the budget for FEMA, so that areas in the United States that are facing natural disasters as a result of climate change will have the tools to recover.

3. I do. I'd love to see a method where there are no emissions at all, but such a method will likely never exist. But this is probably the next best thing, and for once China got something right.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2021, 03:34:43 AM »

Michelle Obama responds to Donald Trump in Chicago, Illinois

Of course I don't want to execute anyone. But the fact of the matter, is that the penalty for treason, and the penalty for insurrection, as defined in the constitution, which you swore an oath to uphold and then promptly broke as President, is death. So, if you were convicted of those crimes, as you should be, there isn't a choice in my opinion, as distasteful as the Death Penalty is.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2021, 05:43:17 PM »

Michelle Obama will be holding a conference call with reporters to discuss the future of her campaign.

She is expected to announce the immediate suspension of her campaign, citing the reaction to her recent statements on executing Former President Trump.

Neither She nor Barack are expected to endorse anyone before the Democratic National Convention.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies