After the Chaos: A 2024 election game (gameplay thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:45:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  After the Chaos: A 2024 election game (gameplay thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: After the Chaos: A 2024 election game (gameplay thread)  (Read 4499 times)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2021, 07:17:52 PM »

CNN Climate Crisis Town Hall

Date: September 17, 2023

Moderator: Anderson Cooper

"Hello and welcome to CNN's 2023 town hall on the climate crisis. Tonight's town hall is held in Miami, Florida, a place that has become one of the flashpoints of climate change in America. In the audience are 300 undecided voters selected at random. The town hall will be held back-to-back, with order decided by position in the polls. With that in mind, please welcome Vice President Kamala Harris!"

"Madame Vice President, my name is Thomas and I'm 18 years old. This will be my first election. There is a growing cynicism in people my age that going to college or finishing school will not mean much with the climate crisis. How do you plan to tackle this cynicism?

Ma'am, my name's Robert, and I'm a 54 year old coal miner from Kentucky. I'm not insensitive to the demands of environmentatlists, but it's my job that's going to be cut when the transition comes. How do you plan to ensure a just transition for those of us who work in the fossil fuel industry?"

Madame Vice President, my name's Lily, I'm 37 and an ecologist. From my understanding, some of the best methods to tackle the climate crisis come in the form of environmental restoration, in partiuclar the Great Green Wall projects currently underway in Africa and China. Would you support a similar plan in the United States?"

Thank you, Vice President Harris. Please welcome our next candidate, former First Lady of the United States Michelle Obama!

Mrs Obama, my name's Leah, I'm 41 and from Oklahoma. My state has arguably been hit hard by a refusal to embrace renewable energy and cotinued reliance on coal, gas and oil. What is your plan to expand our renewable energy sector all over the country?

"Madame First Lady, my name's Ethan, and I'm a 28 year old Miami native. Every day, my city sees the impact of climate change, not least because of sea level rise and flooding, not to mention the hurricanes that regularly hit Florida. What is your plan to help us better adapt and prepare for natural disasters caused by climate change?"

"Mrs Obama, I'm Samantha, 57 years old and from Ohio. My husband works in the steelmaking sector and he's become particularly excited about what's being referred to as 'green steel', a steelmaking method where the emissions from the manufacturing process are drastically cut by using hydrogen. China has already implemented this method nationwide; do you see a place for this method in the United States?"

And now, please give a warm welcome to our last candidate of the night, Senator Tammy Baldwin!

"Senator, my name's Eric, and I'm a 49 year old factory worker for GM in Michigan. The auto sector has taken a lot of blame for the current state of our environment, but I believe that it can also help fight it. How would you build on president Biden's plans to encourage a faster uptake in electric vehicles?"

"Senator Baldwin, I'm Jenna, a 30 year old climate scientist from California. There has been a growing perception that it is too late to avert catastrophic climate change, yet research does not bear this out, and I believe that much of the reason people believe this is media distortion of the facts. How would you encourage responsible reporting of climate change?"

"Senator, my name's Nicholas, and I'm a 42 year old former advertising executive. I left the business because of my superiors taking up more and more cases of greenwashing. This is something that is rampant across all sectors, as companies hire advertising and PR managers to present an environmentalist facade while continuing to damage the environment. How would you eliminate greenwashing from the United States?"

"Thank you to all our candidates and our audience. I'm Anderson Cooper and you've been watching CNN's climate crisis town hall."
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2021, 07:23:30 PM »

Logo created by me

VP HARRIS CAMPAIGN SCHEDULE - September (continued)

September 15th - 16th | Pennsylvania
September 15th:
Rally in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Tour West Philly with local activists.
Speech outside Wells Fargo Center with the whole Harris-Emhoff family
Visit 9/11 memorial in Shanksville, PA

September 16th:
Give snacks and beer to local firefighters in Scranton, PA.
Meet and greet with local Scranton volunteers.
Visit local Scranton animal shelters.
Interview with local Scranton radio station.
Back to DC.

September 17th | CNN Town Hall
September 18th | VP Duties
September 19th | Nevada

September 19th:
Meet with single moms in Carson City, NV
Rally in Henderson, NV with Doug Emhoff
Tour local factories in Henderson, NV

September 20th - 22nd | South Carolina
September 20th:
Tour small businesses in Summerville, SC
Attend “African-Americans for Kamala” roundtable in Summerville, SC
Townhall on securing economic security

September 21st:
Give a speech at donor’s house in Greenville, SC
Visit local elementary school, read to children in Greenville, SC
Participate in local block party in Greenville, SC

September 22nd:
Eat breakfast in Columbia, SC diner.
Rally in Columbia, SC.
Townhall in Columbia, SC
Meet and greet with campaign volunteers

September 23rd - 24th | New Hampshire
September 23rd:
Townhall in Hampton, NH
Attend campaign office opening in Hampton, NH
Fundraiser in Hampton, NH
Knock on doors with volunteers

September 24th:
Attend local church service in Rochester, NH
Barnstorm local mall in Rochester, NH
Attend campaign office opening in Rochester, NH

September 25th | New York
September 25th:
Barnstorm in New York City
Fundraiser in New York City
Meeting with Democratic leaders and donors

September 26th - 28th | VP Duties
September 29th | Louisiana

September 29th:
Barnstorm in New Orleans.
Meet and greet with campaign volunteers in New Orleans
Rally for Mitch Landrieu in New Orleans

September 30th | Kentucky
September 30th:
Rally on the tarmac for Andy Beshear
Visit a local hospital in Lexington, Kentucky.
Barnstorm with locals in Lexington, Kentucky.
Fly to Washington D.C

With the November elections approaching, Vice President Harris is beginning to hit the trail in her official capacity as Vice President for Andy Beshear and Mitch Landrieu. This is expected to show her power as the incumbent Vice President of the United States, while also solidifying herself as a top Democratic surrogate. This is the stage of the campaign where we ramp up operations and began head first to Iowa and beyond.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2021, 08:39:23 PM »

Michelle Obama Schedule

September 15, 2023

Speech/Rally at Le Mars Convention Center, Le Mars, Iowa

Donald Trump has committed Treason and Insurrection, both in his dealings with Russia, and his attempted committing of a coup in response to losing the last Presidential Election. Now, I don't like the Death Penalty, I hate it in fact. But treason and insurrection, as currently stated in our constitution, are punishable by death, and there is no doubt in my mind that Trump committed both of those crimes. The fact that he isn't facing a criminal trial, let alone that he isn't on death row is inexplicable to me. I call on Attorney General Garland to correct this injustice against America.

Speech/Rally, Fleet Farm Arena-Tyson Events Center, Sioux City, Iowa

You know, I got asked about ten days ago by a young man in South Carolina if, should I win in November, whether there would be spots for Vice President Harris and Senator Baldwin in my Administration. The answer to that question is a resounding yes. Both are qualified to do many jobs in a future administration, and I'd be happy to have them.

September 16, 2023

Speech/Rally at the University of Charleston Stadium at Laidley Field, Charleston, West Virginia

Joe Manchin at this point, is essentially another Republican. Barack and I would happily support a primary challenger, if one were willing to take the plunge.

Meet Voters in Ridgeland, South Carolina (With Raphael Warnock, Keisha Lance Bottoms, Stacey Abrams and Cory Booker)

September 17, 2023

Climate Crisis Town Hall, Arsht Center, Miami, Florida

September 18, 2023

Speech/Rally, Rex Weech Field, Key West, Florida

Our policy on Cuba makes no sense. On the one hand, we've maintained minimal sanctions, while on the other hand, we've kept some sort of open door. The fact is, Cuba is not going to bow to pressure and introduce Democracy just because we want them to. We should reestablish ties with Cuba, because dialogue will make them responsible actors on the world stage, not threats.

Speech/Rally at Desert Sun Stadium, Yuma, Arizona

Krysten Simena isn't really a Democrat at this point. She's enabling Republicans in their quest to end our Democracy. Barack and I will support a primary challenger, if one dares to take the plunge.

September 19-27

Fundraisers in Los Angeles, San Francisco and Chicago.

September 27-30

Fundraisers in New York City and Boston
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2021, 08:47:06 PM »

Climate Crisis Town Hall-Michelle Obama

1. Leah, the only way to expand renewable energy is to elect Democrats. Republicans are opposed to the very concept of renewable energy, and would prefer to see the planet burn if it means more fossil fuels.

2. First, we'll push for legislation that effectively bans the use of coal, oil and natural gas as sources of fuel in the United States. Next, we'll dramatically increase the budget for FEMA, so that areas in the United States that are facing natural disasters as a result of climate change will have the tools to recover.

3. I do. I'd love to see a method where there are no emissions at all, but such a method will likely never exist. But this is probably the next best thing, and for once China got something right.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2021, 12:00:21 AM »

VP HARRIS TOWN HALL ANSWERS

Good to be with you Anderson, let's jump right in.

"Madame Vice President, my name is Thomas and I'm 18 years old. This will be my first election. There is a growing cynicism in people my age that going to college or finishing school will not mean much with the climate crisis. How do you plan to tackle this cynicism?

Thank you, Thomas, so much for that question and it's a really important question and ya know as I have traveled the country I have heard what you are experiencing and I am committed to addressing it so here is where we start. Your education is so important, more important than anything and I want you to finish your education as far as you want to go, so that's number one.

But I also understand where people your age are coming from, so here is my plan to combat the climate crisis, if people your age and older do in fact continue their education and in whatever field they are in, that they have opportunities to help fight the climate crisis, and that is work I have excelled in, whether working with President Biden to ensure we cut our carbon emissions in half, or creating brand new clean jobs in which many people in your generation can work in after college or graduate school, so there are so many opportunities, so Thomas I want you to continue your education and I hope you use your first vote wisely!

Ma'am, my name's Robert, and I'm a 54 year old coal miner from Kentucky. I'm not insensitive to the demands of environmentatlists, but it's my job that's going to be cut when the transition comes. How do you plan to ensure a just transition for those of us who work in the fossil fuel industry?"

Thank you so much for that question, Robert. And you're asking a question so many coal miners in states like, ya know Kentucky, West Virginia, etc are asking this question so first let me tell you this, I hear you and I won't forget you, you matter and are important to me and my future administration so don't forget that Robert.

So to the people like you who do have these coal-miner jobs you are going to be our #1 priority when we begin the transition from coal to clean reneweable energy you will get a notice from the government saying "Hey, we understand you're a coal miner, we have this brand new clean renweable energy job if you want it, if not, here's a pension from the government for the years of service you gave powering our country for so many years".

And look Robert lemme tell you, to be 54 and still working a coal mining job, that takes strength and courage and I applaud you for that.

Madame Vice President, my name's Lily, I'm 37 and an ecologist. From my understanding, some of the best methods to tackle the climate crisis come in the form of environmental restoration, in partiuclar the Great Green Wall projects currently underway in Africa and China. Would you support a similar plan in the United States?"

I would, Lily and let me tell you why. It is imperative on all of us to contribute in some way to save our planet, to save our species. And so if you look at what they're doing in Africa and China, they're picking up the bat and saying, "We're gonna take the steps to save our planet by doing something as simple as planting tree's"

So when we talk about saving our climate that includes stepping up to bat and everyone, whether you be old or young, black or white, gay, straight, whatever. Rolling up their sleeves and getting to work.

It was so great to be here with all of you! Don't forget to vote in March and in November!
RGM2609
« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2021, 03:31:00 AM »

Statement from the office of President Donald J. Trump

Michelle Obama is a crazy, lunatic woman. She just unveiled the true stance of the radical leftist Democrats on the rule of law. She called for me, a former (and future) President and her political opponent to be executed! This is what vile, evil forces we are fighting against in this election. Crazy Michelle belongs in a mental institution!
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2021, 03:34:43 AM »

Michelle Obama responds to Donald Trump in Chicago, Illinois

Of course I don't want to execute anyone. But the fact of the matter, is that the penalty for treason, and the penalty for insurrection, as defined in the constitution, which you swore an oath to uphold and then promptly broke as President, is death. So, if you were convicted of those crimes, as you should be, there isn't a choice in my opinion, as distasteful as the Death Penalty is.
RGM2609
« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2021, 03:46:41 AM »

Schedule of Donald Trump

September 15th - MAGA Rally in Dubuque, Iowa
September 16th - MAGA Rally in Des Moines, Iowa
September 17th - MAGA Rally in Kenosha, Wisconsin
September 18th - MAGA Rally in Green Bay, Wisconsin
September 19th - MAGA Rally in Waukesha, Wisconsin
September 20th-25th - Rest days with interviews on Fox News shows (Fox&Friends, Hannity, Laura Ingraham)
September 26th-30th - Fundraising in Florida
RGM2609
« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2021, 03:56:43 AM »

Michelle Obama the butcher has not even won the Democratic nomination (and is losing badly to Hillary Clinton 2.0) and yet she is already giving verdicts and suggests executing the people she doesn't like! Butchering Michelle is dangerous and unhinged!
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #84 on: June 23, 2021, 09:18:58 AM »

Tammy Baldwin September Schedule

September 15th: DC

Press conference on student loan debt cancellation

“If Congress does not act on cancelling student loan debt, I’m calling on President Biden to do so via executive action. Student loan debt is crippling an entire generation, stagnating our economy, and maintaining the barriers of entry for millions of Americans to get an education. Congress is meant to work for the people, not upholding a status quo that is only working for the mega-wealthy.”

16th: South Carolina

Fly to Charleston
Rally in Charleston

17th: Florida
Climate Town Hall in Miami

“Well, it starts with the filibuster. Republicans in Congress chipped away at the President’s plan until there was nothing but crumbs left. We can’t let Congressional obstructionism stand in the way of our fight against climate change. My climate bill would invest billions of dollars to create a system of charging stations and upgrade every single public school bus, Postal service car, and public transit system to be electric. This would create millions of good-paying jobs and make sure the US government holds up our end of the bargain on shifting to a green economy.”

“Part of my administration will include a monthly press conference on climate change and the environment. This is an area where clear communication is crucial, the American people deserve to know the truth. This means steering clear of scare tactics and hyperbole. As President, I can’t dictate what the media reports, but I can and will use the bully pulpit of the office to look the American people in the eye and tell them the truth.”

“This is an excellent question. US companies love to spend more money on ads telling us how green they are rather than doing the hard work to make their business practices more sustainable. As President, I will put together a task force to investigate truth in advertising specifically around greenwashing and enforce strict fines on the businesses who mislead and obscure the truth to the American people. On top of this, I will make the reports analyzing these large companies in our country public. This way the American people have access to the truth rather than just PR spin.”

18-22nd: DC

Back to DC to whip votes for student loan cancellation, other Senate duties
Meet with progressive Senators about policy priorities

23-24th: Iowa

Fly to Davenport
Rally in Davenport with Senator Tammy Duckworth
Rally in Iowa City
Rally in Cedar Rapids with Senator John Fetterman

“Politicians and consultants like to say that progressives can’t win in swing states, that we need to sell out our values in order to win. Well, Tammy Baldwin and I are proof that the old way of thinking is outdated and wrong. I’ll tell you what’s electable, a Senator who won a swing state by 11 points, a Senator who has boldly advocated for Medicare for All, a Senator who takes on the fight of workers as her own. Tammy is the most electable Democrat in this race. Just how I was the only Democrat to pick up a seat in the Senate last year, she is the only candidate who can expand the map and secure a strong victory for American workers.”

Rally in Waterloo

25-29th: DC

Introduce legislation condemning Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene for sustained harassment of Representative Alexandria Ocasio Cortez, calls for investigation on incitement of violence

30th: New Hampshire

Fly to Manchester
Rally in Manchester with Senator Elizabeth Warren
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #85 on: June 23, 2021, 04:19:58 PM »

VP HARRIS SLAMS MICHELLE OBAMA

In a press conference in Washington D.C, Vice President Kamala Harris gave the following statement on comments made by Michelle Obama.

"Now we can all stand up and say 'We're opposed to the death penalty', but when you have a candidate who is running for President, who calls for the former President and current candidate to be executed, that is a clear disqualification for the office of President of the United States.

Now I'm not saying Donald Trump shouldn't be charged for every crime he has committed, because he should, but nowhere in this country, in the United States of America do we call for the execution of our political opponents and I call on Michelle Obama to heavily reconsider her stance in this race and whether statements like these help or hurt this campaign."
RGM2609
« Reply #86 on: June 23, 2021, 05:10:22 PM »

Interview on Hannity

Hannity - Now, moving on. We all heard the weird comments made by former First Lady Michelle Obama yesterday, calling for your execution. They are, once again, deeply disturbing and show what the Democratic Party has come down to. What are your thoughts, since you are the one she wants to execute?

Donald Trump - I know a lot of people who were surprised by such comments. I was not. It was only a matter of time until someone would say it out loud. And you know, I like to joke a lot. People now call her Michelle Jong-Un on the internet. But these comments are vile, disgusting and show what we are fighting against in this election. These Democrats pretend to care about the rule of law, about political unity, and here they are making such proclamations.  The Democratic Party has some very bad people in charge, and they have misled and radicalized a lot of people, young people especially. They told them that we conservatives want to abolish democracy and they are protecting it. Now we can see how much respect they have for democracy. We are lucky that Joe Biden is so old and sleepy and can not do much, because I can only wonder what Michelle Obama would do if she is elected with the support of the radical leftist Democrats.

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2021, 05:43:17 PM »

Michelle Obama will be holding a conference call with reporters to discuss the future of her campaign.

She is expected to announce the immediate suspension of her campaign, citing the reaction to her recent statements on executing Former President Trump.

Neither She nor Barack are expected to endorse anyone before the Democratic National Convention.
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2021, 05:48:21 PM »

Statement by Larry Hogan

“I am disgusted and appalled by Mrs Obama’s comments. VP Harris is right, Trump should be charged for his crimes. But under no circumstances should be be executed. I cannot believe she said that”
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2021, 06:14:48 PM »

Tweet from @KamalaHarris

OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2021, 06:18:47 PM »

Hogan appears in Louisiana to campaign for Nungesser
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #91 on: June 23, 2021, 07:01:04 PM »

Fighter, For the People.

Narrarator:
When Americans wake up in the morning, they need the peace of mind that someone in the White House is looking out for them. That someone is prepared to fight for them

Throughout her career, Kamala Harris has been an advocate for all Americans, no matter their background, and when she is President she will continue that work.
When Kamala Harris gets to the White House, she will raise the minimum wage, expand healthcare and ensure every American has the right to a proper education. She's ready to work and she's fighting for the people.

Kamala Harris:
I'm Kamala Harris, and I approve this message

This ad was aired in IA, NH, SC, NV and all Super Tuesday states.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: June 23, 2021, 09:54:43 PM »

Tammy Baldwin Releases Statement Regarding Michelle Obama

"I am disheartened by the former first lady's comments about the death penalty and former President Trump. We've watched the other side stoke this violent rhetoric time and time again, but we can't stoop to their level. As Michelle herself said, when they go low, we go high. I have the utmost respect for Michelle Obama and her decision to suspend her campaign in light of this. I know she and President Barack Obama will remain committed to public service and making our country a more equitable place."
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #93 on: June 23, 2021, 10:19:08 PM »

Tammy Baldwin Surrogate Schedules:

Warren: Like Senator Baldwin, Senator Warren will be DC advocating for student loan debt cancellation. On the weekends she will hit the trail for Tammy Baldwin, with one weekend in New Hampshire, the other in Iowa. She will highlight Tammy’s Medicare for All plan, her support of the working class, and her advocacy for cleaning up corruption in Washington.

AOC: Representative Ocasio Cortez will also be in session, but will hold events in Iowa and Nevada in between her congressional duties. She will highlight Baldwin’s status as both the most electable and the most progressive candidate in the Democratic field. AOC will also speak with staffers and organizers on the ground in both Iowa and Nevada, hoping to boost Baldwin the same way she boosted Sanders campaign in 2020.

Duckworth: Senator Duckworth will hit the campaign trail from Dubuque to Davenport, hoping to capitalize on her higher name ID due to her status as the incumbent Senator from a neighboring state. Duckworth’s focus will be electability, as Tammy Baldwin won as a progressive in a swing state twice.

Fetterman: Senator Fetterman will leverage his status as the only Democrat to pick up a seat in the Senate during Biden’s midterm. He will hold events in both Iowa and New Hampshire, highlighting Baldwin’s leadership on healthcare, marijuana legalization, and standing up to corporations and special interests. Fetterman will frame Baldwin as an outsider, someone who had to compete against dark money spending, advocated for progressive causes when they weren’t politically expedient, and stands in opposition to bad trade deals.
RGM2609
« Reply #94 on: June 24, 2021, 05:33:08 AM »

I am very glad that Michelle Jong-Un is out of the race after her dangerous statements. However, we must remember that what she said was not a thought just of hers, it was a thought of many liberals that she just verbalized. We have witnessed the change of the Democratic Party to a far-left radical group. It has been taken over by Antifa. We must stop them from taking power.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #95 on: June 24, 2021, 11:35:43 AM »

Tammy Baldwin Runs Ad "A New Way" in IA, NH, NV, SC, MA, CO, MN, ME, and VT

"We've tried politics as usual, but it hasn't gotten us anywhere."

"Instead of keeping our promise and passing a $15 minimum wage, expanding healthcare coverage, and cancelling student loan debt, we have let obstructionism be an excuse for inaction."

"Like many Americans, I'm tired of the old way of doing politics. The time we live in calls for bold action. We have a job to do."

"As your President, I will carry on your fight in Washington, working to protect you from predatory insurance companies, special interests for the megawealthy, and route out the corruption in our politics."

"We don't have to go about politics as usual, we can go a new way."

"I'm Tammy Baldwin and I approve this message."

John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #96 on: June 24, 2021, 12:56:46 PM »

HARRIS, BALDWIN UNITE IN NEW ORLEANS FOR LANDREIU

At a joint rally today in New Orleans, Vice President Kamala Harris and Senator Tammy Baldwin (D-WI) the 2 major candidates for the Democratic nomination for President of the United States, united in support of Mitch Landrieu for Governor of Lousiana in New Orleans.

“Mitch Landrieu has a proven record as an executive. He took over as mayor of New Orleans following Katrina, inherited a corrupt, ineffective government and worked hard to turn it around. Under his leadership, New Orleans saw an economic revival, with tens of thousands of jobs created and economic levels bouncing back even higher than pre-Katrina. I know he will do the same as your Governor.

Now, unlike the Republicans, we stand united. That’s why I’m here with Vice President Harris tonight. We have plenty of disagreements and are competing to earn your vote in the primary, but at the end of the day, we both agree that Mitch Landrieu is by far the best choice for Governor. We both know how pivotal this election is for the future of the state of Louisiana, and stand united in asking you to get out and vote for Mitch!”
Senator Baldwin remarked to the crowd.

"Thank you, New Orleans, it is so great to be back here, united with Senator Baldwin to get behind the next Governor of New Orleans, Mitch Landrieu!, his work as Mayor of New Orleans rebounded the economy post-Katrina, secured billions of support from FEMA to rebuild this great city, closed the budget gap, and helped small businesses get a fair shake!

Now we all know what the GOP stand for, they want to dismantle all the progress made by Governor Edwards, and want to embrace policies that rather than lift up Louisianan's, tear them down. So we need to do everything in our power to elect Mitch in November!" Vice President Harris told the crowd.

After their remarked were finished, Harris was joined by Landreiu and Baldwin and all lifted their hands in unity.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #97 on: June 25, 2021, 02:42:28 PM »

Logo created by me
Team Harris welcomes Valerie Jarrett as Senior Advisor.

The "Kamala For The People" Campaign is proud to welcome Valerie Jarrett as our new Senior Advisor. Jarrett previously worked as Senior Advisor to President Obama in the White House and recently served on the "Obama 2024" Presidential campaign.

"I am proud to welcome Valerie to our team and I embrace her hard work of the past, I am confident she will be a welcome addition to our team," Vice President Harris said in a statement.

Jarrett will be joining Maya Harris and David Plouffe as Senior Advisors.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #98 on: June 27, 2021, 12:07:23 AM »

Turn 5: October 1-15, 2023

Obama's comments hurting Democrats

[credit: wikimedia commons]

During the latter half of September, fomrer First Lady Michelle Obama made remarks referring to Former President Trump, including some comments that seemingly advocated for the former president's conviction and referencing the death sentence that exists for treason.

Obama's comments were blasted by politicians from all corners in both parties. Both Vice President Harris and Senator Baldwin, now competing for the nomination head-to-head, have distanced themselves from the comments, while Trump and his opponent for the Republican nomination, Larry Hogan, have both piled on the criticism. Downballot Republicans are meanwhile making hay with the issue, and the events have undoubtedly harmed Beshear and Landrieu's campaigns

Primary polls

Democrats

Vice President Harris: 65.8%

Senator Baldwin: 23.2%

Undecided: 11%

Republicans

Former President Trump: 80.6%

Former Governor Hogan: 19.5%

Louisiana goes to the polls

Louisiana will be holding its jungle primary this week. As always, a runoff has been schedued for November 12th in the event no one wins a simple majority in the first round of the primary. Currently, Landrieu and Landry are considered likely to head to the runoff election, as both of them attempt to carve out their own bases. Obama's comments have no doubt aided Landry and damaged Landrieu, who has attempted to de-nationalise the race and refocus it on issues in Louisiana.

Beshear has also distanced himself from Obama's comments, though the damage is less due to the fact that Beshear has been a relatively successful governor and enjoys the advantage of incumbency.

Louisiana gubernatorial poll:

Landrieu: 40.8%
Landry: 32.8%
Nungesser:26.4%

Kentucky gubernatorial poll

Beshear (inc.): 51.5%
Bevin: 48.3%
Undecided: 0.2%

Mississippi gubernatorial poll:

Reeves (inc): 58.2%
Blount: 40.9%

Afghan government forces collapse

Following the US withdrawal from Afghanistan, government forces have been putting up a valianet resistance to the Taliban's renewed attempt at taking over the country. Today, that resistance failed as Taliban forces ransacked the capital city of Kabul and executed numerous military officers and government officials on live television. The whereabouts of Afghan President Ashraf Ghani are unknown at this time.

Notes:

-As always, 72 hours

-Interviews will be going up posthaste. As some of you are aware, I had a very bad reaction to my flu shot and that put me out of commission for a while.

-First early state polls will go up with the interviews.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #99 on: June 27, 2021, 12:52:38 PM »

Logo created by me
VP HARRIS CAMPAIGN SCHEDULE - OCTOBER

October 1st - 2nd | Iowa

October 1st:
Meet and greet with campaign volunteers in Cedar Rapids.
Meet with students at Kirkwood Community College in Cedar Rapids.
Tour local small businesses in Cedar Rapids, IA.

October 2nd:
Breakfast at a local diner in Des Moines.
Tour local mall in Des Moines, IA
Rally in Des Moines, IA with Cindy Axne.

October 3rd - 4th | South Carolina

October 3rd:
Rally in Charleston, SC
Meet local teachers, observe local middle school classes.
Have lunch at Charleston diner.
Meet with local Democratic party leaders.

October 4th:
Give a speech at a donor’s house on economic equality.
Fundraiser in Florence, SC
Meet and greet with supporters after the fundraiser.

October 5th | Georgia

October 5th:
Tour college campus in Savannah, GA
Rally in Savannah, GA with Jon Ossoff.
Met college students in Savanna, GA

October 6th - 8th | VP Duties
October 9th | New Hampshire

October 9th:
Rally in Manchester, NH
Roundtable on access to healthcare
Tour local small businesses in Manchester, NH

October 10th - 12th | Nevada

October 10th:
Rally in Las Vegas, NV
Hold roundtable with “Latinx for Kamala”
Attend local supporters house party

October 11th:
Tour small businesses in Henderson, NV
Meet and greet with supporters in Henderson, NV
Barnstorm local mall in Henderson, NV

October 12th:
Have breakfast at local Mesquite, NV diner
Town Hall on gun control in Mesquite, NV
Read to local kindergarten class.

October 13th | California

October 13th:
Fundraiser in San Francisco
Meet with Democratic party leaders.
Attend a local Democratic party conference.

October 14th | North Carolina

October 14th:
Rally in Raleigh, NC
Barnstorm local mall in Raleigh, NC
Meet and greet supporters at a local restaurant party.

October 15th | Colorado

October 15th:
Have breakfast at a local Denver diner.
Roundtable on economic security in Denver, CO
Rally in Denver, CO
Attend a strategy meeting at Colorado campaign HQ.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies