Do you think there will be a religious revival in the west? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:13:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: World politics is up Schmitt creek)
  Do you think there will be a religious revival in the west? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Do you think there will be a religious revival in the west?  (Read 1472 times)
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« on: June 11, 2021, 08:42:00 AM »

Speaking from within the queer community, in some ways a revival is already ongoing in certain spheres. The suffering and oppressed, and those who have been rejected by society at large, have always been the foundation of religion, and in a time as confusing and draining as late-capitalist modernity plenty of folk find themselves with a need to live for a greater purpose and love something greater than themselves. I was born to two people who had left faith in young adulthood, only to find myself lacking in grounding, and yearning for release from all the woes that being trans imparts, at that same age. After finding Goddess I have felt infinitely more connected to nature, my female identity, and my queer forebears and ancestors, and this is an increasingly common experience.

This is still movement against the current of most of society at the moment, but especially with a grim future of more entrenched wealth and environmental destruction stretching out ahead of us the forces to continue the trend exist if people continue to find new solace in faith. Even if older faiths remain in decline, the future may be ripe for a new movement that captures the mood of the era.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies