Do you think there will be a religious revival in the west? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:08:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Do you think there will be a religious revival in the west? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Do you think there will be a religious revival in the west?  (Read 1482 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: June 11, 2021, 12:01:13 AM »

I expect something of the sort to occur in 50-100 years, once the West enters into serious decline. Wealth unfortunately tends to alienate people from God.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2021, 11:26:04 AM »

I expect something of the sort to occur in 50-100 years, once the West enters into serious decline. Wealth unfortunately tends to alienate people from God.
That certainly seems possible. Religiousity went up in Rome as general prosperity went down, in the 300s and 400s.
The difference was that the old system wasn’t about belief, it was about ritual. Also, there are societies that are rich and religious like any Gulf oil dictatorship.

The effect isn't instant; America spent many years being one of the most prosperous countries in the world and also very religious. The wealthiest societies tend to move away from faith, and I suspect that in a century the oil-rich gulf states will be much more secular vis-a-vis the median country than they are today.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies