After the Chaos: A 2024 election game (sign-up/interest thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:45:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  After the Chaos: A 2024 election game (sign-up/interest thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: After the Chaos: A 2024 election game (sign-up/interest thread)  (Read 6095 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« on: June 05, 2021, 08:13:07 PM »

Dammit. I wanted Harris.

Can we get the 2022 Midterm results?

I'm leaning towards playing as Michelle Obama, actually. Could I get a ruling on whether that would be okay?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2021, 05:36:10 PM »

Can I get one of these five?

Democrat Matthew McConaughey
Republican Larry Hogan
Democrat Andrew Yang
Dwayne Johnson.
House Speaker Kevin McCarthy
Which one could I play?

Just my opinion (Since I'm not the GM), but I think McCarthy is a non-starter.

If I were you, I'd pick Hogan, personally out of the choices you listed.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2021, 06:02:15 PM »

I’d like to play as McConaughey or Yang mostly, but if I need to be a Republican I can be Hogan if I must

I can't think of a reason why McConaughey would run, even if he did get elected Governor of Texas (I also can't think of a reason why he'd win that race). I'd be more able to buy a second run from Yang, though.

Still, I think Hogan's the better choice, or better yet, Trump, or Marjorie Taylor Greene.

However, I'm not the GM, so I'll wait for an answer from him.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2021, 08:03:06 PM »

Sorry, i was asleep. Bloody timezones.

McCarthy is off-limits. I can't think of a reason he'd run.

Hogan is a good choice and I would like to bump the Republicans' numbers up. Especially given how there's a lack of interest.

Yang's another okay choice. McConaughey, to my knowledge, is an independent.

So.. Hogan or Yang or McConaughey. Give me any of em

My advice would be to pick Hogan, but I'm not you, and I can't make the decision for you.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2021, 09:01:02 PM »

Quick question. As Michelle Obama, do I start with a Barack Obama endorsement or is that too unfair to other Democrats (Asking because I'd want to use Barack on the campaign trail right away, especially in Iowa.)?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2021, 10:04:07 PM »

Quick question. As Michelle Obama, do I start with a Barack Obama endorsement or is that too unfair to other Democrats (Asking because I'd want to use Barack on the campaign trail right away, especially in Iowa.)?

I'll think it over. I have to admit, there's compelling arguments for both sides.

I consider it an unfair advantage as Obama affects a large part of the American Democratic party electorate, either deal with no endorsement or pick a new character.

On the other hand, I'd argue it'd be unfair to Michelle for her not to have her husband's endorsement.

Then again, I'd be willing to switch to playing as a Republican, given no one seems interested in playing as one anyways.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2021, 10:40:34 PM »

I'll think it over. I have to admit, there's compelling arguments for both sides.

I consider it an unfair advantage as Obama affects a large part of the American Democratic party electorate, either deal with no endorsement or pick a new character.

On the other hand, I'd argue it'd be unfair to Michelle for her not to have her husband's endorsement.

Then again, I'd be willing to switch to playing as a Republican, given no one seems interested in playing as one anyways.

Like I said, there's decent arguments on both sides.

I'd be fine with a compromise on Barack's endorsement (Michelle having it, but being unable to unveil or use him in campaigning before, say the Iowa Caucus).
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2021, 10:49:40 PM »

I'd be fine with a compromise on Barack's endorsement (Michelle having it, but being unable to unveil or use him in campaigning before, say the Iowa Caucus).

My proposal is she can have his endorsement but only makes appearance in ads and or references and may not make campaign appearances until after Super Tuesday

I'd like to see what primary calendar we're using first, but that seems agreeable on the surface.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2021, 01:59:48 AM »

My proposal is she can have his endorsement but only makes appearance in ads and or references and may not make campaign appearances until after Super Tuesday

I'd like to see what primary calendar we're using first, but that seems agreeable on the surface.

I'll be using the 2020 calendar

Okay, I think that deal is probably acceptable, AshtonShabazz.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2021, 10:59:59 PM »

Nothing against Sherrod Brown (and I'm not the GM anyways), but I think we should have more Republicans. It's rather unrealistic for half a dozen Democrats to be challenging Kamala Harris while Larry Hogan skates to the Republican nomination unchallenged.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2021, 11:07:29 PM »

FYI, I hope you don't mind GoTfan, but I've been trying to recruit additional players, mostly those with past history in these games.

Lumine and KaiserDave turned me down, and I'm hoping Spiral and UWS say yes.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2021, 07:25:16 AM »

Welcome all!

Now that we have a good spread of players, I propose moving the start up by a day. As always, the game will remain open to anyone who wishes to join at a later date

Sounds like a plan.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2021, 09:34:22 PM »

Can I still post an announcement speech and first schedule in August? I originally thought we were starting in January and I have an entire schedule devoted to January and an announcement speec

Starting in January also gives the chance for the smaller known candidates to get known early and make an impact, I can't really make a post cause I want to see what you say as I had everything already planned out.

I would personally suggest October or November instead, but I agree that August is too early, especially if we are doing turns a week at a time.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2021, 09:36:07 PM »

The other question I had, was are we PM'ing endorsements directly to you, GoTfan?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2021, 09:57:02 PM »

GoTfan, could you do a targeted poll of African-American voters nationally? I want to see where Obama stands there?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2021, 11:13:24 PM »

The turn's only until the 14th, AshtonShabazz, so I'm not sure why you did all of August.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2021, 12:28:53 AM »

Two questions here:

1. What is the cutoff for new players jumping in? I'm interested, although starting now wouldn't be compatible with my schedule.

2. Are you accepting entries for both parties now that Hogan is in on the GOP side?

I'm not the OP, but speaking as a Democrat, I think you should play as an Independent, as I don't think it's realistic for Harris to have any more challengers, and I don't think Trump would get more than one challenger.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2021, 09:37:48 AM »

GoTfan, did you get my PM about the endorsements I asked for?

Are you going to announce them in the gameplay thread, or are you PM the approval of said endorsements to me, or both?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2021, 04:14:55 AM »

I'm still trying to recruit a few more players, as I think we're still a bit shorthanded (especially on the Republican side), and I think NHI agreed to join us.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2021, 06:34:51 AM »

GoTfan, could I get confirmation on whether Tammy Baldwin has the endorsements of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Elizabeth Warren?

You told me you were holding back on releasing high-profile endorsements, and I would think both Ocasio-Cortez and Warren qualified as such.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2021, 07:37:09 PM »

Anyone who des not have their schedule up yet, I would advise getting a move on.

My advice would be to just get the new turn up.

Pretty much everyone has done something this turn, which is more than a lot of games can say.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2021, 09:01:22 PM »

GoTfan, just out of curiosity, who is the Democratic nominee in the Mississippi Gubernatorial election?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2021, 09:04:23 PM »

Turn 2 is now open.

From now on you can request interviews. They're first in first served for both parties, so get in fast.

Michelle Obama requests an interview.

Also, would campaign surrogates be able to request interviews?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2021, 01:19:32 PM »

Could you possibly make a Google Doc of everyone's endorsements in the game so we can keep track and not take each other's endorsements when they're already claimed?

Agreed.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2021, 12:06:55 AM »

Not that I'm trying to backseat GM here, but I think delaying the Des Moines Register endorsement (even if Baldwin was going to get it anyways) would have made more sense.

They'd never endorse a Presidential candidate this far out from the caucuses.

That said, I agree that Baldwin should get the endorsement, I just think it should be delayed until at least December/January, given the Iowa Caucuses will be February 3.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies