After the Chaos: A 2024 election game (sign-up/interest thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:21:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  After the Chaos: A 2024 election game (sign-up/interest thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: After the Chaos: A 2024 election game (sign-up/interest thread)  (Read 5815 times)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2021, 10:29:14 PM »

Quick question. As Michelle Obama, do I start with a Barack Obama endorsement or is that too unfair to other Democrats (Asking because I'd want to use Barack on the campaign trail right away, especially in Iowa.)?

I'll think it over. I have to admit, there's compelling arguments for both sides.

I consider it an unfair advantage as Obama affects a large part of the American Democratic party electorate, either deal with no endorsement or pick a new character.

On the other hand, I'd argue it'd be unfair to Michelle for her not to have her husband's endorsement.

Then again, I'd be willing to switch to playing as a Republican, given no one seems interested in playing as one anyways.

Like I said, there's decent arguments on both sides.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2021, 10:30:26 PM »

When can we expect a gameplay thread?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2021, 10:40:34 PM »

Quick question. As Michelle Obama, do I start with a Barack Obama endorsement or is that too unfair to other Democrats (Asking because I'd want to use Barack on the campaign trail right away, especially in Iowa.)?

I'll think it over. I have to admit, there's compelling arguments for both sides.

I consider it an unfair advantage as Obama affects a large part of the American Democratic party electorate, either deal with no endorsement or pick a new character.

On the other hand, I'd argue it'd be unfair to Michelle for her not to have her husband's endorsement.

Then again, I'd be willing to switch to playing as a Republican, given no one seems interested in playing as one anyways.

I'd be fine with a compromise on Barack's endorsement (Michelle having it, but being unable to unveil or use him in campaigning before, say the Iowa Caucus).
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2021, 10:47:51 PM »

I'd be fine with a compromise on Barack's endorsement (Michelle having it, but being unable to unveil or use him in campaigning before, say the Iowa Caucus).

My proposal is she can have his endorsement but only makes appearance in ads and or references and may not make campaign appearances until after Super Tuesday
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2021, 10:49:40 PM »

My proposal is she can have his endorsement but only makes appearance in ads and or references and may not make campaign appearances until after Super Tuesday

I'd like to see what primary calendar we're using first, but that seems agreeable on the surface.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2021, 01:48:55 AM »

I'd like to see what primary calendar we're using first, but that seems agreeable on the surface.

I'll be using the 2020 calendar
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2021, 01:59:48 AM »

Okay, I think that deal is probably acceptable, AshtonShabazz.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2021, 05:54:17 AM »

Okay, I think that deal is probably acceptable, AshtonShabazz.

Excellent. Glad we got this sorted.

Gameplay thread will be up by the 10th of June In Australia. Because the US is a day behind us, it'll be the 9th for you.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2021, 09:03:21 AM »

Final question before the game starts, what month do we begin in? and could you outline important upcoming dates like the SOTU, Special Elections, etc.
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2021, 02:22:52 PM »

List of senators and governors?
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2021, 07:12:39 PM »

I stated above that the only notable change was Warnock's defeat in Georgia and Fetterman winning in Pennsylvania.

Final question before the game starts, what month do we begin in? and could you outline important upcoming dates like the SOTU, Special Elections, etc.

These will happen as they come up. Have to keep some suspense.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2021, 10:54:13 PM »

Can I take Senator Sherrod Brown?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2021, 10:59:59 PM »

Nothing against Sherrod Brown (and I'm not the GM anyways), but I think we should have more Republicans. It's rather unrealistic for half a dozen Democrats to be challenging Kamala Harris while Larry Hogan skates to the Republican nomination unchallenged.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2021, 11:07:29 PM »

FYI, I hope you don't mind GoTfan, but I've been trying to recruit additional players, mostly those with past history in these games.

Lumine and KaiserDave turned me down, and I'm hoping Spiral and UWS say yes.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2021, 11:18:02 PM »

I would love to have you as Sherrod Brown
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2021, 11:24:52 PM »

FYI, I hope you don't mind GoTfan, but I've been trying to recruit additional players, mostly those with past history in these games.

Lumine and KaiserDave turned me down, and I'm hoping Spiral and UWS say yes.

Try and get them to pick one of the top-tier candidates, like Trump, which would explain the cleared-out field, considering 80% of the GOP is fanatically loyal to him anyway.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2021, 04:38:52 AM »

Nothing against Sherrod Brown (and I'm not the GM anyways), but I think we should have more Republicans. It's rather unrealistic for half a dozen Democrats to be challenging Kamala Harris while Larry Hogan skates to the Republican nomination unchallenged.

I'll gladly accept Sherrod Brown, but I'm putting a hard bar on any further Democrats until we get more Republicans.
RGM2609
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2021, 04:51:33 AM »

I'd like Trump please
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2021, 07:12:50 AM »

Welcome all!

Now that we have a good spread of players, I propose moving the start up by a day. As always, the game will remain open to anyone who wishes to join at a later date
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2021, 07:25:16 AM »

Welcome all!

Now that we have a good spread of players, I propose moving the start up by a day. As always, the game will remain open to anyone who wishes to join at a later date

Sounds like a plan.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2021, 05:02:40 PM »

Game thread is up!
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2021, 06:20:07 PM »
« Edited: June 08, 2021, 06:29:39 PM by John King wannabe »

Can I still post an announcement speech and first schedule in August? I originally thought we were starting in January and I have an entire schedule devoted to January and an announcement speec
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2021, 06:30:34 PM »
« Edited: June 08, 2021, 07:07:44 PM by John King wannabe »

Can I still post an announcement speech and first schedule in August? I originally thought we were starting in January and I have an entire schedule devoted to January and an announcement speec

Starting in January also gives the chance for the smaller known candidates to get known early and make an impact, I can't really make a post cause I want to see what you say as I had everything already planned out.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2021, 09:34:22 PM »

Starting in January also gives the chance for the smaller known candidates to get known early and make an impact, I can't really make a post cause I want to see what you say as I had everything already planned out.

I would personally suggest October or November instead, but I agree that August is too early, especially if we are doing turns a week at a time.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2021, 09:36:07 PM »

The other question I had, was are we PM'ing endorsements directly to you, GoTfan?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies