Zogby releases some crazy new interactive polls
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 08:33:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Zogby releases some crazy new interactive polls
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Zogby releases some crazy new interactive polls  (Read 7399 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2006, 09:16:38 AM »

The only polls I see is relevant is:MD, OH, PA, NJ, MN, PA, WA, and MO, all the other senate polls are trash. As far as the Govership: IL, MI, WI, MN, IA, NY, OH, PA, MD, and MA. Everything else is trash. 
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2006, 11:00:33 AM »

The only polls I see is relevant is:MD, OH, PA, NJ, MN, PA, WA, and MO, all the other senate polls are trash. As far as the Govership: IL, MI, WI, MN, IA, NY, OH, PA, MD, and MA. Everything else is trash. 

I'd actually call the whole thing pretty much trash but sometimes you can find at least a little bit of truth in here. Not much but a little.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2006, 01:58:01 PM »
« Edited: September 11, 2006, 02:04:58 PM by overton »

It does show that Va is more winnable than MO and that says something about the McCaskill campaign and how it is not what it use to be. As far as NJ, the GOP calls that Menendez was done was premature, he is still ahead.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2006, 02:28:31 PM »

It does show that Va is more winnable than MO and that says something about the McCaskill campaign and how it is not what it use to be. As far as NJ, the GOP calls that Menendez was done was premature, he is still ahead.

Are you seriously suggesting that Zogby is giving an accurate reading of the Senate race?  All those polls are garbage, even if Kean were leading by 15 I wouldn't quote it.

Look at some of these:
Mfume has a bigger lead on Steele than:
Hutchinson over Radnofsky
Kyl over Pederson
Cantwell over McGavick
Stabenow over Bouchard
Kyl over Pederson

From a non-partisan standpoint, everyone I would think feels Mfume is in more danger against Steele than any of these people are.

I throw out the NJ numbers, although this might be a somewhat accurate represenatation, certainly better than MD

If James Webb is up 7.5 at this point, than Orrin Hatch is in trouble and Harry better get out there because Fleming is coming up strong.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2006, 03:51:49 PM »

No, I just said that the Zogby polls may be misleading but Menendez is well within the margin of error and everyone said he should get out of the race because he was such of an endangered species. But this poll proves is that Menendez is still competetive and can stay in this race, he can still win, and the GOP calling for him to get out because he wasn't competetive wasn't accurate. He is competetive.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2006, 03:53:16 PM »

No, I just said that the Zogby polls may be misleading but Menendez is well within the margin of error and everyone said he should get out of the race because he was such of an endangered species. But this poll proves is that Menendez is still competetive and can stay in this race, he can still win, and the GOP calling for him to get out because he wasn't competetive wasn't accurate. He is competetive.

This poll proves nothing accept that Zogby can't poll.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2006, 03:56:20 PM »

I wouldn't be so sure he polled very well in the Corzine governor race and the NJ 2002 senate race very well.
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2006, 04:13:12 PM »

Allen is DOWN 7.5%, but Santorum is within the MOE of Casey...

Interesting...

Oh wait.. this is Zogby...

How did Zogby do in 2002 and 2004... oh yes.. missed the MOE in 26 of his last 48 races...

Does anybody take this idiot/partisan seriously anymore?

Wake me up when Mason-Dixon releases a poll...
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2006, 04:21:05 PM »

I was just saying Vorlon that Zogby may have been off but in NJ he predicted the races pretty good and it should not be overlooked.
Mike in Maryland
Rookie

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2006, 04:43:14 PM »

Allen is DOWN 7.5%, but Santorum is within the MOE of Casey...

Interesting...

Oh wait.. this is Zogby...

How did Zogby do in 2002 and 2004... oh yes.. missed the MOE in 26 of his last 48 races...

Does anybody take this idiot/partisan seriously anymore?

Wake me up when Mason-Dixon releases a poll...

Mason-Dixon just did release a Virginia poll showing Webb finally becoming competitive, though not leading.  And looking at the details it appears to be more than the "macaca" controversy, but rather reflects the national atmosphere.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2006, 04:44:23 PM »
« Edited: September 11, 2006, 04:46:18 PM by overton »

Webb can still win but to think that he is up by 8 pts is really taking it to the extreme. I would rather see a poll after the debates the polls right now should be taken with a grain of salt really campaign season doesn't start into high gear when the debates haven't started and the full advertising haven't started yet.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2006, 05:01:43 PM »

I wouldn't be so sure he polled very well in the Corzine governor race and the NJ 2002 senate race very well.

It's called luck, I believe you are the only one still trusting these polls.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2006, 05:04:04 PM »

I was just saying Vorlon that Zogby may have been off but in NJ he predicted the races pretty good and it should not be overlooked.

I could have predicted better than Zogby without any polling information whatsoever.  Do you dispute that missing the MoE that often is statistically an indication that something is wrong?
Conan
conan

« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2006, 05:12:41 PM »

Zogby's previous NJ polls have reflected the results of all other polls for the most part. However, most of his other polls are terrible. Take a look here to compare all NJ polls with Zogby. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Jersey_United_States_Senate_election%2C_2006
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2006, 05:16:06 PM »

Zogby's previous NJ polls have reflected the results of all other polls for the most part. However, most of his other polls are terrible. Take a look here to compare all NJ polls with Zogby. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Jersey_United_States_Senate_election%2C_2006

Who are you? Overton
Again, if Kean was up I wouldn't be quoting this poll, Conan are you seriously suggesting this poll should be given credit?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2006, 05:17:35 PM »

And also, if you are going to say Zogby got lucky, you can say everyone got lucky in predicting the outcome of races.

No.

Zogby got about the number of races one would get by luck if you did awful polls.

Most every other pollster got the amount one would expect from a good pollster.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2006, 05:23:59 PM »

But as you recall alot of pollster thought Forrester would win and Zogby had Corzine winning. I will go by Zogby NJ polls or states that he got right over the last few years until he is proven wrong. Now states that he hasn't got right like that VA race I am not going to go on.
Conan
conan

« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2006, 05:24:54 PM »

Who are you? Overton
Again, if Kean was up I wouldn't be quoting this poll, Conan are you seriously suggesting this poll should be given credit?
Did you bother to read the link? However i think its just coincidence. He probably like averages some polls or something. I dont take any of his polls really seriously. For some reason he has had past results similar to other polls though for NJ. However I wouldnt trust it.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2006, 05:27:43 PM »

Also, Quinnipiac has yet to do a poll in ages and people are writing off Menendez. I am waiting for that QU poll.
Conan
conan

« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2006, 05:30:12 PM »

Also, Quinnipiac has yet to do a poll in ages and people are writing off Menendez. I am waiting for that QU poll.
The previous polls have been no reason to write off Menendez though. Besides, the next poll shouldnt be good for Menendez until he explains the situation to the public. By late September the polls should be good though depending on if this happens and ads run.
Soaring Eagle

« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2006, 06:32:30 PM »

Heh, these Zogby polls can be good for a laugh sometimes. I highly doubt that the race in PA is that close, and though I do think Webb is ahead in VA, it's not by that much.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2006, 04:25:18 PM »

Eraserhead this is the quote that you said Webb is winning by, you dispute this here is your post.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2006, 04:34:03 PM »

Eraserhead this is the quote that you said Webb is winning by, you dispute this here is your post.

Where is the post? I'm talking about the Texas Senate race there.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2006, 04:35:19 PM »

But you said that you didn't go by Zogby polls and that is false.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2006, 04:46:28 PM »

But you said that you didn't go by Zogby polls and that is false.

Did you even read the title of this thread?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies