What would it take to make Oklahoma a blue state?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:01:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  What would it take to make Oklahoma a blue state?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What would it take to make Oklahoma a blue state?  (Read 2703 times)
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2021, 08:42:08 AM »

Move in a sh*t ton of tech companies into OKC and Tulsa and watch all the millenials/gen z flock over there.

All joking aside though, probably not much for the next several decades.
Oklahoma flipping Democratic is about as likely as Massachusetts flipping Republican(outsiden the Governor’s office).
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2021, 02:46:53 PM »

Move in a sh*t ton of tech companies into OKC and Tulsa and watch all the millenials/gen z flock over there.

Oklahoma flipping Democratic is about as likely as Massachusetts flipping Republican(outsiden the Governor’s office).

Oh I know, I’m just joking lol
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2021, 06:35:55 PM »

Oh I know, I’m just joking lol
I know.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2021, 09:24:03 AM »
« Edited: December 26, 2023, 12:25:37 AM by pbrower2a »

1. A veritable turnover of the Parties in which Oklahoma takes part. Think of my Obama-Eisenhower overlay map, The political orientation of the States does not change, but the Parties do. Oklahoma went R for Eisenhower and against every Demoratic nominee since Ike except for Goldwater, but it was reliably D as late as 1948.

2. A huge infusion of Latino voters. This is not happening as swiftly in Oklahoma as in some other states. (Mexican-Americans seem to be moving heavily toward states with good results in public education, and Oklahoma is not one of those states).

3. Complete collapse of the Republican Party, in which case Oklahoma decides nothing.  

Neither is likely.  
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2021, 11:11:40 AM »

This is like asking what it would hypothetically take to make Massachusetts a red state.

It is hypothetically possible, but also nearly impossible to achieve in actuality. Probably making OKC and Tulsa vote like Austin or Atlanta is your best bet, but that will take decades to occur.
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2021, 11:15:11 AM »
« Edited: July 28, 2021, 11:18:22 AM by The Tar Heel Gentleman »

1. A veritable turnover of the Parties in which Oklahoma takes part. Think of my Obama-Eisenhower overlay map, The political orientation of the States does not change, but the Parties do. Oklahoma went R for Eisenhower and against Ike, but it was reliably D as late as 1948.

2. A huge infusion of Latino voters. This is not happening as swiftly in Oklahoma as in some other states. (Mexican-Americans seem to be moving heavily toward states with good results in public education, and Oklahoma is not one of those states).

3. Complete collapse of the Republican Party, in which case Oklahoma decides nothing.  

Neither is likely.  

Latinos are actually trending rightwards, and I would bet the kind of Hispanics to live or move into an evangelical conservative state like Oklahoma aren’t exactly likely to be friendly to the Democratic Party.

The Dems best bet is an influx of black voters into a state like Oklahoma (look at what happened to Atlanta/GA) or younger, white liberal millennial suburbanites (again, look at Atlanta, but also look at the Austin areas for a more pure example).
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies