How did fictional cities vote?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:27:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  How did fictional cities vote?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: How did fictional cities vote?  (Read 2312 times)
Motorcity

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2021, 01:43:37 AM »

Biden easily won large DC cities like Gotham and Metropolais

Biden also want Bikini Bottom, on the account that the sea creatures care a lot about the enviroment and being friendly. Same for Cartoon Network city

Trump won Hawkins, even though I know most of the cast of Stranger Things voted Biden except for Mike's parents

H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2021, 03:10:55 PM »

Hill Valley from Back to the Future is located "12 miles east of Grass Valley" which puts it in firm tossup territory. The only notable town close to 12 miles away is light red Colfax, which has a modest similarity to the movie town from what I've seen.

Otoh Hill Valley shares its motto with Orange County suburb Fountain Valley, namely "A Nice Place to Live". Fountain Valley voted for McCain-Romney-Clinton-Trump, making it the ultimate anti-bellweather city.

Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2021, 12:39:05 PM »

Biden easily won large DC cities like Gotham and Metropolais

Biden also want Bikini Bottom, on the account that the sea creatures care a lot about the enviroment and being friendly. Same for Cartoon Network city

Trump won Hawkins, even though I know most of the cast of Stranger Things voted Biden except for Mike's parents

The mayor of Hawkins in the last season was basically Trump, so yeah.

Arlen, TX could well have been a historically Republican suburb in the DFW area that either flipped D or came very close to doing so.

Springfield in The Simpsons keeps electing a Democratic mayor despite his corruption and seems to be a fairly large city (though the characterization is inconsistent) so it probably voted Biden.

Pawnee, IN could be a toss-up. But it did vote for Leslie Knope, an obvious Democrat, and I can even see her driving the town to vote Biden.

South Park seems to hate "President Garrison" in their alternate world despite the fact that he's from there, so I doubt he won it between that and the fact that Colorado swung so hard left.

Twin Peaks, WA being a small logging town in eastern WA probably voted Trump.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2021, 01:07:50 PM »

Twin Peaks, WA being a small logging town in eastern WA probably voted Trump.

I don't know, there were an awful lot of hipsters there by the time of The Return.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2021, 07:15:29 PM »

Camden County from My Name is Earl is almost definitely a Trump county. It's depicted as a poor area outside of a larger city which is mostly ignored by everyone else. However, it is not entirely rural, and has a good amount of suburban/exurban sprawl. It's also fairly diverse. It's never stated which state the county is in, but it's somewhere near Texas, was on the border of the Union and the Confederacy during the Civil War, and is pretty arid and prone to tornadoes. I can't think of any counties that match all those, but maybe a good analogue county would be Muskogee County, OK (66%-32% Trump)?

Twin Peaks would probably have supported Trump. However, modern Twin Peaks, as the 2017 revival indicated, seems to be attracting younger, hipster-like people to move there, so maybe Trump's performance ends up being narrower than it would be in the 1990's version of Twin Peaks.

Twin Peaks is described in the original series as being near the Idaho and Canadian borders, putting it in Pend Oreille County. It's also listed on its welcome sign as having a population of 51,201. So, the best comparison in the real world for a city of that size in that area is probably Coeur d'Alene, ID, which also matches the pattern of recent growth from outsiders moving in. I'm not sure exactly how Coeur d'Alene voted, but I'm pretty sure it was a clear Trump win.

However, if you put Twin Peaks where it was filmed and where the locations in the series actually are, it would almost certainly be a clear Biden win. In fact, there is a precinct honorarily named "Twin Peaks" in the Mt. Si/North Bend area, which voted 402-292 (56%-40%) for Biden, despite being mostly rural.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2021, 08:00:30 PM »

Pawnee is a perfect example of an Obama-Trump city. They'd probably vote for Trump again because all of the residents would hate the Covid restrictions.

Eagleton is a perfect example of a Romney-Clinton city, but I think they'd vote for Trump the second time because they'd be scared by the BLM protests.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies