Commonwealth of Frémont • 20th Parliament
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 11:11:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Commonwealth of Frémont • 20th Parliament
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Commonwealth of Frémont • 20th Parliament  (Read 605 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 26, 2021, 12:53:59 PM »

PARLIAMENT
OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF FRÉMONT

(1)

Oyez! Oyez! Oyez! This house will now come to order!

I am glad indeed to have the privilege to convene the twentieth sitting of this house. We have endured storm and strife to reach this moment in our history; I am proud to have done my part to create what many once thought impossible —a lasting government in the West, the servant of a proud people, united by their common heritage and common values. May the next three months vindicate their hopes and prayers, defy the rank ambition of our enemies, and spread peace and prosperity throughout the land.

Citizens and members may use this thread to introduce legislation, motions, and resolutions for the consideration of the house. I invite our new members to take the oath of office at their earliest convenience that we may proceed with the election of a speaker. In the meantime, as president of parliament, I will adjudicate in our proceedings.

Gloria Frémontis!

Harry S Truman, first minister

(1) Wikimedia Commons.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2021, 12:54:59 PM »
« Edited: May 26, 2021, 01:06:35 PM by Unconditional Surrender Truman »

MEMBERS OF THE TWENTIETH FRÉMONT PARLIAMENT

Harry S Truman (Fianna Frémont—Labor, North Dakota), first minister
Australian Swing Voter (Meadowlark—Democratic Alliance, Utah)
Battista Minola (Unaffiliated, New Mexico)
Kuumo (Unaffiliated—Labor, Idaho)
YE (Fine Gayle—Labor, Nevada)
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2021, 01:16:20 PM »

Running for Speaker.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2021, 07:05:18 AM »

I second YE's candidacy to Speaker.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2021, 04:31:16 PM »

I move that YE be elected speaker by acclamation.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2021, 02:03:50 AM »

Seeing no objection, I pronounced YE elected.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2021, 05:56:04 PM »
« Edited: June 01, 2021, 01:20:07 AM by Unconditional Surrender Truman »

AN AMENDMENT
to the constitution of the Commonwealth of Frémont

Section 1 (Title)
i. The long title of this amendment shall be, the "Amendment to Accord with the Fifth Federal Constitution—Senatorial Constituencies Amendment." It may be cited as the "Senatorial Constituencies Amendment" or as the "Fourteenth Amendment."

Section 2 (Amendment)
i. Article IV of the Second Constitution of the Commonwealth of Frémont shall be amended to read as follows.

Section 1. The sovereign people of this commonwealth reserve the right to be represented in the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia by a number of senators equal to that allowed to her other sister regions by the constitution of the republic.

Section 2. One senator shall be chosen by the whole body of the eligible voters of Frémont to represent the entire commonwealth. Such choice shall proceed in the months of February, June, and October; the senator so chosen shall serve a term of four months, and shall have the title of Senator from Frémont at-large.

Section 3. The commonwealth shall chose a further two senators from such subregional senatorial constituencies into which the commonwealth may be divided.

The first senatorial constituency shall comprise the states of Alaska, Atlasian Samoa, California, Guam, Hawaii, the Northern Mariana Islands, Oregon, and Washington, and the second shall comprise the states of Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Iowa, Montana, Minnesota, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Nebraska, South Dakota, Utah, and Wyoming. If ever the state of Kansas or any of the other states lying west of the Mississippi River should be ceded by the Southern Region to the Commonwealth of Frémont in a manner consistent with the constitution of the Republic of Atlasia and the laws of their respective governments, they shall form part of the second senatorial constituency.

The voters of each constituency shall elect one senator in the months of April, August, and October; such senators shall serve a term of four months, and shall have the title of Senator from Frémont's First or Second Senatorial District, respectively.

Section 4. No person shall be a senator who is not a lawful citizen of Frémont, and no Frémonter shall represent any constituency in the Senate other than that in which they reside.

Section 4. Should a vacancy occur in the representation of this commonwealth in the Senate, the first minister shall appoint an interim senator to serve until such time as a by-election may be held in accordance with the laws of the commonwealth.

ii. Article V§1 of the Second Constitution of the Commonwealth of Frémont shall be amended to read as follows.

Section 1. The right to vote in all elections called according to the provisions of this Constitution shall be exclusive to those persons being eligible to vote in elections for President of the Republic of Atlasia who have been registered to vote in one of the states or external territories of this Region, or of the relevant senatorial constituency, as defined by law, for a period of at least 168 hours prior to the commencement of the election, and who have not been registered to vote in any other region or senatorial constituency, as the case may be, at any time in the preceding 1,344 hours.

(a) Nothing in this amendment shall be construed as to deny the right of any citizen to vote who was lawfully registered in one of the states or external territories of Frémont on or before May 28, 2021.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2021, 12:50:15 PM »
« Edited: June 01, 2021, 02:15:54 AM by Scott🦋 »

A RESOLUTION
For changing the City of San Francisco, CA to Denver, CO for NPC elections

Be it resolved by the Parliament of Frémont assembled
Section 1. Title

This legislation may be cited as the Denver Mayoral NPC Elections Resolution.

Section 2. Replacement of San Francisco as the Round 4 NPC City

1. Upon passage of this resolution, the Parliament of Frémont officially submits to the Game Moderator a request for the city of Denver, Colorado to replace the city of San Francisco, California as the city of choice for Frémont's Round 4 mayoral election.
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2021, 03:08:06 PM »

AN AMENDMENT
to the constitution of the Commonwealth of Frémont

Section 1 (Title)
i. The long title of this amendment shall be, the "Amendment to Accord with the Fifth Federal Constitution—Senatorial Constituencies Amendment." It may be cited as the "Senatorial Constituencies Amendment" or as the "Fourteenth Amendment."

Section 2 (Amendment)
i. Article IV of the Second Constitution of the Commonwealth of Frémont shall be amended to read as follows.

Section 1. The sovereign people of this commonwealth reserve the right to be represented in the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia by a number of senators equal to that allowed to her other sister regions by the constitution of the republic.

Section 2. One senator shall be chosen by the whole body of the eligible voters of Frémont to represent the entire commonwealth. Such choice shall proceed in the months of February, June, and October; the senator so chosen shall serve a term of four months, and shall have the title of Senator from Frémont at-large.

Section 3. The commonwealth shall chose a further two senators from such subregional senatorial constituencies into which the commonwealth may be divided.

The first senatorial constituency shall comprise the states of Alaska, Atlasian Samoa, California, Guam, Hawaii, the Northern Mariana Islands, Oregon, and Washington, and the second shall comprise the states of Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Iowa, Montana, Minnesota, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Nebraska, South Dakota, Utah, and Wyoming. If ever the state of Kansas or any of the other states lying west of the Mississippi River should be ceded by the Southern Region to the Commonwealth of Frémont in a manner consistent with the constitution of the Republic of Atlasia and the laws of their respective governments, they shall form part of the second senatorial constituency.

The voters of each constituency shall elect one senator in the months of April, August, and October; such senators shall serve a term of four months, and shall have the title of Senator from Frémont's Western or Eastern Senatorial District, respectively.

Section 4. No person shall be a senator who is not a lawful citizen of Frémont, and no Frémonter shall represent any constituency in the Senate other than that in which they reside.

Section 4. Should a vacancy occur in the representation of this commonwealth in the Senate, the first minister shall appoint an interim senator to serve until such time as a by-election may be held in accordance with the laws of the commonwealth.

ii. Article V§1 of the Second Constitution of the Commonwealth of Frémont shall be amended to read as follows.

Section 1. The right to vote in all elections called according to the provisions of this Constitution shall be exclusive to those persons being eligible to vote in elections for President of the Republic of Atlasia who have been registered to vote in one of the states or external territories of this Region, or of the relevant senatorial constituency, as defined by law, for a period of at least 168 hours prior to the commencement of the election, and who have not been registered to vote in any other region or senatorial constituency, as the case may be, at any time in the preceding 1,344 hours.

(a) Nothing in this amendment shall be construed as to deny the right of any citizen to vote who was lawfully registered in one of the states or external territories of Frémont on or before May 28, 2021.
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2021, 09:06:17 PM »

A BILL
To support the reforestation of Frémont by linking gun sales to planting trees.

Be it enacted by the Parliament of Frémont assembled;
Section 1. Title

This legislation may be cited as the Promoting Reforestation Through Firearm Sales Act or the Trees for Guns Act.

Section 2. Contents of the Bill

1. This law shall mandate the planting of one tree for each firearm sold in the Commonwealth of Frémont.
2. Each firearm purchase would require either the planting of a tree less than a year before or a $6 tax that would go to the Interior Department of Frémont's reforestation efforts. The planting of the tree would be verified using a receipt for the seeds or a photo of the potential buyer with the sapling.
3. This requirement does not apply to ammunition, bump stocks, or any other firearm-related items.

Section 3. Effectiveness

1. This act shall be effective three months after passage.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2021, 04:06:48 PM »

AN ACT
to hit the parasitic purveyors of poison to people where it hurts

Section 1 (Title)
i. The title of this act shall be, the "Plain Packaging Act."
ii. As it appears in this legislation, "retail packaging" refers to the packaging in which tobacco products are presented to the consumer in a store or other venue.

Section 2 (Requirement for plain packaging)
i. No tobacco products may be sold on the market except those whose retail packaging conforms to the requirements set forth herein.

Section 3 (Shape)
i. All tobacco products must be packaged for sale in a box or carton made of cardboard and only of cardboard, without ridges, embossed images, or any other variation of shape or texture.
ii. Any glue or adhesive used in manufacturing must be transparent and colorless.
iii. When the box or carton is closed, each outer surface must be rectangular, and the surfaces of the packaging must meet at 90˚ angles. All edges must be straight and not rounded, bevelled, or otherwise embellished in any way.
iv. The packaging must open with a flip-top lid hinged only at the back and with straight edges. Neither the lid nor the edges of the lid may be rounded, bevelled, or otherwise embellished in any way.

Section 4 (Finish)
i. All outer and inner surfaces of the retail packaging of tobacco products, as well as any lining of a box or carton, must have a matte finish and be brown in color.
(a) As it appears in this section, "brown" refers to pantone #448c.

Section 5 (Wrapper)
i. Any plastic or other wrapper must be transparent and colorless and carry no text or identifying mark.
ii. The wrapper must nor be textured or embellished in any way.

Section 6 (Text and logos)
i. No trade mark may appear anywhere on the retail packaging of tobacco products.
ii. No other text or mark may appear anywhere on the retail packaging of tobacco products, except as expressly provided herein.
iii. All text must be printed in white twelve-point Avenir font, except as expressly provided herein.

Section 7 (Labels)
i. The name of the product and manufacturer may appear only once on the retail packaging of tobacco products.
ii. The label must appear in the following formulation, and include no other text or other promotional symbols, messages, or marks: the type of product, and directly beneath this the manufacturer. The label must be centered in the bottom third of the side of the packaging on which it appears.
iii. Directly above the label, the packaging must display a full-color, high-resolution photograph sized to fit the perimeter of the packaging, along with a message in bolded twenty-point font. It must either display:
(a) a photograph of a diseased human lung, with the caption above, "SMOKING CAUSES LUNG CANCER"; or
(b) a photograph of rotted and discolored teeth, with the caption above, "SMOKING CAUSES MOUTH AND THROAT CANCER"; or
(c) a photograph of a child attached to a respirator, with the caption above, "DON'T LET YOUR CHILDREN BREATH SMOKE"; or
(d) some other combination of image and message mandated by the Ministry of Health and Human Services.
(e) Appropriate photographs will be selected by the Ministry of Health and Human Services.
iv. The reverse side of the packaging must carry another of the above images with the corresponding message.
v. All other sides of the packaging must display a warning provided by the Ministry of Health and Human Services; this warning must be printed in bolded black twelve-point letters on an amber #ffbf00 background.

Section 8 (Scent and noise)
i. When opened, the retail packaging of tobacco products must be rigged to emit a harmless sulphuric odor and to play a recording of a shrill scream or siren lasting at least 60 seconds.
ii. No part of the retail packaging of tobacco products may make any other noise, or contain or produce a scent, that could be taken to constitute tobacco advertising and promotion.

Section 9 (Effect)
i. This act shall apply to all tobacco products packaged on or after October 1, 2021.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2021, 07:48:13 AM »
« Edited: July 16, 2021, 08:14:51 AM by Senator Scott, PPT »

A RESOLUTION
To push Turn 6 of the NPC campaigns to August 2021

Section 1. Title

This legislation may be cited as the July 2021 Frémont NPC Delay Act.

Section 2. Delaying Turn 6 NPC Contests for One Month

Upon passage of this act, the Parliament of Frémont officially submits to the Game Moderator a formal request to reschedule elections in American Samoa, Minnesota, Nevada, and Oregon to August 2021.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2021, 07:15:28 PM »

AN ACT
to improve relations with Italy

Section 1 (Title)
i. The title of this act shall be "Italian Future Act"

Section 2 (Motivations)
i. The Frémont region admits that it has commited horrible abuses against Italian-Atlasians in the region in the past; and apologizes for those human rights violations;
ii. To make amends for said violations, the measures described in Section 3 shall be taken.

Section 3 (Amends)
i. The Frémont region shall send a check of 3$ in reparations to any Atlasian of Italian descent.
ii. All public schools in Frémont shall offer Italian as a foreign language option.
iii. The 17th of March, Italian Unification Day, shall be celebrated as a public holiday in the region of Frémont, replacing the observance of Columbus Day, except for the year 2021.

Section 4 (Acknowledgements)
i. The Frémont Parliament acknowledges Lincoln politician tack50 for his longtime advocacy on behalf of this cause.

Section 5 (Effectiveness)
i. This act shall be effective immediately after passage.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2021, 02:24:22 AM »

A RESOLUTION

Section 1. Title

Upon passage of this act, the Parliament of Frémont officially submits to the Game Moderator a formal request to reschedule elections in American Samoa, Minnesota, Nevada, and Oregon to August 2021.

Bump
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2021, 09:51:12 AM »

A RESOLUTION

Section 1. Title

Bump

Nah, it can be withdrawn. Peanut is not posting any polls or updates and we're at the 26th of July. I don't think he needs a non-binding resolution, since the GM alone pretty much determines whether we're having elections or taking a break for the month.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2021, 06:56:17 AM »

A RESOLUTION

Section 1. Title

Bump

Nah, it can be withdrawn. Peanut is not posting any polls or updates and we're at the 26th of July. I don't think he needs a non-binding resolution, since the GM alone pretty much determines whether we're having elections or taking a break for the month.

Technically from a legal perspective, if the election is skipped without endorsement of the Region in question, some choice character could create an annoying lawsuit of NPCs who were allegedly denied the opportunity to run in an election on the date set by regional law.

You'll recall the regions did something similar last winter to delay January elections.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2021, 07:17:52 AM »

A RESOLUTION

Section 1. Title

Bump

Technically from a legal perspective, if the election is skipped without endorsement of the Region in question, some choice character could create an annoying lawsuit of NPCs who were allegedly denied the opportunity to run in an election on the date set by regional law.

You'll recall the regions did something similar last winter to delay January elections.

Yes, but more people were involved back then (sadly) and so the regions acted quickly. Much as it pains me to say, I feel like people are getting tired of NPC stuff. Even though it's practically the only thing you can do in the game where you are rewarded for your campaign efforts instead of PMing zombies.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies