Is Wulfric a carpetbagger?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:08:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Is Wulfric a carpetbagger?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is Wulfric a carpetbagger?
Yes.

No.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 15

Author Topic: Is Wulfric a carpetbagger?  (Read 624 times)
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 25, 2021, 09:29:02 PM »

Wulfric announced his candidacy for the Northeast subregional seat, while living in the Great Lakes subregional seat, and he moved to New Hampshire after the 5th Constitution passed the house. Seeing as he moved to run for senate, and he announced his candidacy for senate in th Northeast subregion beforehand, this should be a question.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2021, 09:49:03 PM »

His move wouldn't allow him to be an eligible voter in the Northeast for the election.

Section 4. Regional Elections.

1. No regional-administered election shall admit as eligible voters any person having resided in any other region within the fifty-six days prior to the commencement of the election.

2. In addition, no subregional senate election shall admit as eligible voters any person having resided in any other region within the fifty-six days prior to the commencement of the election.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2021, 10:12:19 PM »

^Yes, he cannot vote in the race under the 5th constitution. However, unless something in Lincoln has passed stating otherwise, he can still run in the race.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2021, 10:14:40 PM »

Um, guys ...

2. In addition, no subregional senate election shall admit as eligible voters any person having resided in any other region within the fifty-six days prior to the commencement of the election.

Wulfric did not change regions when he moved to New Hampshire, so he is still eligible to vote in the Northeast.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2021, 10:19:01 PM »

Um, guys ...

Wulfric did not change regions when he moved to New Hampshire, so he is still eligible to vote in the Northeast.

context, I think, makes it legally clear that the reference there is to subregions. Otherwise the clause would just be repeating the previous clause (which applies to both regional and subregional elections).

Regardless, will be amended before the elections happen anyway.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2021, 10:22:04 PM »

Lincoln has not passed any legislation relating to subregions at this stage and I do not see anything in the text of the third Lincoln constitution that establishes any prohibition on my candidacy.

And indeed, according to the current text of the fifth constitution, there is nothing prohibiting me from voting as I did not switch regions.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2021, 10:24:43 PM »

Um, guys ...

context, I think, makes it legally clear that the reference there is to subregions. Otherwise the clause would just be repeating the previous clause (which applies to both regional and subregional elections).

So we have to go to the polls three times in four weeks now? Once to approve the current text of the 5th Constitution (which I believe has already passed the congress and so cannot be amended until after ratification), once to approve this amendment, and then for the June Elections? LMAO

Your context argument...maybe it will work, maybe it won't. According to the current plain language of the 5th Constitution, my run is perfectly legal. And if for some reason I cannot run in June, I'm definitively legal to run in August, so all you're really doing is postponing my candidacy by 2 short months.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2021, 10:25:09 PM »

Um, guys ...

Good thing this thread was created.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies