S.21.2-3: Adding Gubernatorial Powers Amendment to Standing Rules of Southern Chamber (Failed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:44:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  S.21.2-3: Adding Gubernatorial Powers Amendment to Standing Rules of Southern Chamber (Failed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: S.21.2-3: Adding Gubernatorial Powers Amendment to Standing Rules of Southern Chamber (Failed)  (Read 506 times)
_.
Abdullah
United States
P P P
« on: June 01, 2021, 09:10:53 AM »

I do support wholeheartedly the removing of sections 7 and 8 from the first part of the standing rules, and fixing small mini-errors of grammar here and there isn't bad. I ask the Chamber to consider keeping those parts of the proposed changes even if it decides to nix other parts it would presumably oppose in that scenario.

I agree with that as well, those clauses seem a little obsolete. Do we even have a majority and minority leader currently? We're just five people, so I don't think it's necessary.

I'm also favorable to the change in IV-4. Not really much of a difference except more continuity, I can't really see any downside to doing that.

The change in clause V-2 seems unnecessary. I'm thinking we should go the other way honestly there, maybe giving private citizens the right to introduce bills by themselves if they really want (it's not like there'll be an overload of work, just maybe 3 or 4 extra). It'll also increase activity. IDK though maybe there's another good reason.

Rest seems like mainly giving the governor a few powers that delegates have, and grammatical fixes.
_.
Abdullah
United States
P P P
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2021, 01:15:14 PM »

Motion for a final vote
_.
Abdullah
United States
P P P
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 01:26:57 PM »

Aye!